ballin vs Barclays

ballin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With thanks to this site I am now in possession of the statements for the last 6 years of my other halves account!

Have gone through the statements adding up all "@" charges, ie.

paid referall

unpaids out

Is there anything else I can claim back?

The total of the @'s is standing at £1425

Once I am sure I have included everything I will move on to the next stage, just really want confirmation I've included the right charges!!

Thanks for all the help so far the site and its members are invaluable!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sandbag,

I shall take another trawl through them this afternoon and have a look!

Thanks for the advice. I saw there was a lot of time spent very overdrawn so I imagine there should be some!

Just out of interest, what does "paid referall" mean? I assume "unpaids out" is bounced cheques?

Thanks

Hi ballin,

Have you been using the easy spreadsheet as I think the interest should be more than that if you have gone back 6 years.

The spreadsheet looks daunting but when you start you realise the interest is all done for you automatically. Our claim is double yours but our interest was well over £500 extra.

Regards

Laineybelle

Have you looked at the templates section? There are some interest templates there. You put all your entries onto the excel spreadsheet and it calculates the interest for you. I have added a link below. You should use the simple charges template.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

However, when you send the charges sheet along with your letters to the bank, hide the "interest" column and the "days since offence" column. You add the 8% interest when you file your claim through the court

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

hi,

I was using the complex spreadsheet.

Just looked again at the simple one and all that calculates is the 8% charge? Pretty sure I've done it right, there weren't that many "interest charged" on the statements and those that were, were on average £2-3.

The bigger ones like £15 charged unfortunately the account wasn't overdrawn so cant claim it back..

dont understand this bit to be honest, if the account wasn't overdrawn I don't see how it could have been charged interest personally! and if it was charged interest on a previous week for example, i would have thought you could still claim it.

as you can tell im v. confused by this bit :D

Well, I used the easy spreadsheet that I listed all my charges (unauthorise o/d & unpaids and the interest it calculated was the 8% from the day the charge was put on my account to the day I put my claim in.

There were other options but I have to admit I did go for the easier option as I am trying to keep things as simple as possible. I will be chuffed to get back just my charges plus interest on the charges. This is money I thought was lost and by the end of it all will be nearly £5,000 so pleased to know I will get that. Confidence grows by experience but one step at a time for me. I ddin't ant to complicate it too much.

laineybelle

You can get the 8% interest on ALL your charges. Yours should come to around £200 by my reckoning.

I have no idea about the complex spreadsheet as it was far too complicated for me. Read through some of the threads as one or two people have gone for that as well.

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

Ah right yes, the 8% charges I understand but they are not until the court stage!! I'm just at the preliminary stage of claiming the fees back (plus the interest as a result of these fee's).

the 8% will hopefully be next!

• 3 weeks later...

quick update.

Received the bog standard "looking into it, will endevour to respond within timescales, please allow up to 8 weeks blah blah".

So I sent my LBA and in 14 days will begin court proceedings :D

Stick with your deadline. Have you sent the rejection of settlement letter yet?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=39&Itemid=36

Simmo