Hermes lost my parcel, then found it so.. **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first posting, hello there. About a week ago I had a rush of blood to the head and sent a parcel through Hermes with the contents a motor cycle wheel valued at £100 and dropped it off at my local agent.

The next day I checked online and the status showed delay in delivering your parcel sent to wrong depot and nearly a week later the status has not changed and due to past experience with Hermes and all of the stories online and the tv(thanks to CAG) I know my customer will not get his valued wheel and I am going to lose £100 plus £9.58 postage.

The package took me 3 hours to wrap so to make it very difficult for the nefarious employees to get at the contents for a peak to see if it is worth stealing. I took out their insurance up to the full value and even paid extra for a signature. After prior studying of their prohibitive items I was ok with a wheel and declared the £100 full value and put the contents as "wheel"

In the past when I have had Hermes problems at least you could, if you tried really hard, communicate with them. In the latest incarnation of these monsters based in Leeds they have made it impossible to communicate with them in any form, you cannot make a claim and you cannot even obtain a claim form.

Many people who have not tried to make a recent claim will say I am ok because I took out insurance and the item on the face of it is covered but if they have now made it impossible to make a claim my conscientious purchase of insurance will not help me. I did manage to find a page online to make a claim but every time I tried to fill in their bar code red letters come up to say that number is not recognised........of course.

I even tried to copy and paste their barcode number from their initial email when I ordered their service but there appears to be some kind of software on their site that when you paste the number changes and of course does not accept the number.

As I have stated before I know that my parcel has disappeared into the wilderness never to be seen until the lucky Hermes employee who has possessed my item sells it at a car boot sale or on Ebay but I need advice on how to at least try and make a claim now that the Leeds outfit have made it impossible to communicate.

Thanking you in anticipation of advice.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I've copied this advice from a group I'm on on fb - hope this is allowed:

How to get to speak to a person at myhermes - call 03308085456 -

1. Do NOT enter the number of your problem parcel. Instead enter the number of a parcel that has been successfully DELIVERED.

2. Make sure the parcel number you enter is one that has been bought directly from myhermes site.

3. Do NOT enter a packlink one. It will give you the option to "speak to somebody about your parcel"

if you follow steps 1,2 and 3 above and you will then get to hold to speak to a hooman to talk about your problem parcel.

Edited by kenwood
Tidying up

i've moved you to the postal forum .

there are 1000's of threads here to read 

your 1st post of call is to WRITE and complain to hermes.

you'll see how to do that if you simply type in hermes in our search top right in the red banner.

you declared the full value so you should be well ok to 'eventually' issue a court claim following your letter of claim for the full value and any postages costs etc etc.

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

7 hours ago, kenwood said:

Was this an online sale?

6 hours ago, kenwood said:

I've copied this advice from a group I'm on on fb - hope this is allowed:

How to get to speak to a person at myhermes - call 03308085456 -

1. Do NOT enter the number of your problem parcel. Instead enter the number of a parcel that has been successfully DELIVERED.

2. Make sure the parcel number you enter is one that has been bought directly from myhermes site.

3. Do NOT enter a packlink one. It will give you the option to "speak to somebody about your parcel"

if you follow steps 1,2 and 3 above and you will then get to hold to speak to a hooman to talk about your problem parcel.

There is no objection here to posting up information that has been posted on Facebook. The only problem is that by and large the information which is posted up on Facebook is mainly useless and tends to create false hope for victims of Hermes and other courier companies.

The Hermes Facebook groups – and there are at least three of them – have got many thousands of members but unfortunately, most of those people never get a solution to their problem and eventually they give up and fade away.

A lot of the advice given on the Facebook groups is simply completely wrong and also helps to exhaust the victims to the point that they just shrug their shoulders and resign themselves to the fact that they have been beaten.

The Facebook groups are useful in that they bring people together and they make people realise that they are not on their own – but there is very little action.

We are members of those Facebook groups and we often try to give advice or to point people to some of the success stories on this forum and I'm always very surprised at how few people pick up on the advice of the pointers we give and come over here and get their problem sorted out and get reimbursed by Hermes.
I'm afraid that @kenwood's advice is calculated simply to perpetuate the Facebook style help and though advice has been given with the best of intentions.

Once people managed to get here, then they should simply follow the advice we give because it is the only way forward.

And @whydiditrusthermes I suggest that you follow the advice given by my site team colleague above. Make a formal complaint to Hermes. Read around the many stories here because your claim will go exactly the same route.

When you make your claim to Hermes, don't give a deadline – but after about 10 days if you have been declined or if you have heard nothing then come back here and we will take you through the next step.

Because you will have done lots of reading, you will know exactly what that stuff is going to be – won't you?

• Like 1

Thank you all for your help

. I tried Kenwoods suggestion and used a successful delivery number but the automated answer was this item has successfully been delivered, worth a try.

It goes to show that this cynical obstruction to communicating with Hermes is intentional and engineered into their process, they recognise a successfully delivered number but not numbers that have not been delivered.

You cannot believe we live in a society that allows this type of misanthropic behaviour by an organisation supposedly supporting the population.

I will take dx100uk and bankfodders advice and write to this contemptuous group of people in Leeds and lay out my dissatisfaction in word form.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/12/2021 at 17:51, whydiditrusthermes said:

Thank you all for your help

. I tried Kenwoods suggestion and used a successful delivery number but the automated answer was this item has successfully been delivered, worth a try.

It goes to show that this cynical obstruction to communicating with Hermes is intentional and engineered into their process, they recognise a successfully delivered number but not numbers that have not been delivered.

You cannot believe we live in a society that allows this type of misanthropic behaviour by an organisation supposedly supporting the population.

I will take dx100uk and bankfodders advice and write to this contemptuous group of people in Leeds and lay out my dissatisfaction in word form.

... and...?

Thanks for the prompt BankFodder.

As explained before my £100 parcel was sent to the wrong depot and it just sat there for ages without any change in status.

I could not communicate with Hermes no matter how hard I tried, on your advice I started to draft a letter to the Leeds outfit when without warning I received an email from Hermes with a photograph of my parcel being delivered to my customer and the parcel on the face of it had not been molested with.

I thank you for all your advice on this and this episode has been the final straw with these people, I will never use Hermes again.

When I thought I had lost my parcel I felt helpless and bereft of any remedy until I started reading your forum and you gave me hope.

Once again, thank you CAG

well done CAG

glad it was resolved

please consider a donation to keep us here

we are all volunteers, we don't get paid but still have to fund the expenses in providing the website and hosting etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Hermes lost my parcel, then found it so.. **RESOLVED**