Lets Help More People reclaim their charges!!!

matc1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i assume therefore you are not part of the administration staff?

what qualifications do you have?

I'm sorry, that's none of your business is it? I answered your question about staff out of courtesy, you didn't get the answer you wanted so you moved on to something else. It doesn't matter what string of qualifications I came out with, it wouldn't satisfy you, you have already made your mind up on this issue. I have asked you various questions, which you have chosen to ignore, why should I continue to answer yours?

I've already stated that I don't want this thread to turn in to a personal battle between me and everyone else, it really isn't going to get us anywhere is it?

Lets just agree to disagree shall we?

sorry i am not aware of any question you have asked me.

if you were a qualified to degree level and have a LLB in Law then i wouldn't have any problems with what you are doing, but by your response i again assume you don't.

ask what you like.... i have nothing to hide.

sorry i am not aware of any question you have asked me.

if you were a qualified to degree level and have a LLB in Law then i wouldn't have any problems with what you are doing, but by your response i again assume you don't.

ask what you like.... i have nothing to hide.

We've covered this already haven't we? You asked me earlier what qualifications I have, I told you I have no legal qualifications. Nor do I feel I need them (although I am considering training as its something that interests me). I'm a claims manager not a solicitor, but as I have already said I have a solicitor that advises me. I have run a successful business in IT for over 7 years though, I think that qualifies me in running a business.

I asked you what qualifications Richard Branson had? Was he a qualified pilot when he set up Virgin Atlantic?

Guest ian cognito
Was he a qualified pilot when he set up Virgin Atlantic?

Probably not but then I don't think he used BA's planes to do it either.

Probably not but then I don't think he used BA's planes to do it either.

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that I have used the material on here in my business? I worked as an engineer for various IT firms, I now use that knowledge, built up over 10 years to run my own Computer consultancy firm. I'm not however using their car, tools or customers to do it. I first made a claim against my bank in December 05, and I believe I joined here in February 06.

As and when I have useful info to pass on, I will of course do so.

As and when I have useful info to pass on, I will of course do so.

Bet that inspires confidence in your customers ;)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

he is a qualified pilot actually, although probably not when he started his business, but he did and does employ qualified pilots to do their jobs.

are you hiring qualified solicitors to work for you?

Well I have a firm of solicitors that I use to advise us on various issues, but no they are not directly employed by me, hopefully in 6 months time we will be in a position to hire one full time if we felt it necessary. Again, I fail to see why this is relevant. The law is quite clear on penalty charges, its not like there are complex legal issues involved here that are open to interpretation or debate. When a situation arises that we are unsure about, we ask for advice from our solicitors. To be honest the process of claiming back charges is just a business process that needs a degree of automation when you are dealing with large numbers of claims. There is a financial risk on our behalf, while we haven't invested £100k, we have invested a significant amount of money, something we stand to lose if this doesn't all pan out. I know some people will say that we have jumped on the band waggon, but setting up this business has not been a trivial matter or especially easy. Both my partner and I are in IT and have developed quite a sophisticated system for handling this business, this piece of software is probably worth quite a sum in and of itself.

In summary, we are not a bunch of chancers that are out to make a quick buck from the vulnerable, I consider myself to be diligent and ethical, and it does matter to me that our customers get an honest and fair service.

Guest ian cognito
Bet that inspires confidence in your customers ;)

No, what inspires confidence is when they get a big old cheque from their bank. If a company does not offer a good service, customers won't use them. I would say that each customer recommends us to on average 4 other people. :-p

Well I have a firm of solicitors that I use to advise us on various issues, but no they are not directly employed by me, hopefully in 6 months time we will be in a position to hire one full time if we felt it necessary. Again, I fail to see why this is relevant. The law is quite clear on penalty charges, its not like there are complex legal issues involved here that are open to interpretation or debate.
my point was the public will see you as an authority on the matter and will give you trust, do you state in your advertising and any correspondence with your customers that you in fact have no legal authority are not qualified to offer any legal advice. and that they should be seeking a qualified professional !?

If a company does not offer a good service, customers won't use them. I would say that each customer recommends us to on average 4 other people. :-p

I would argue there are plenty of businesses that people use and receive a bad service. however in a one-off service you really can't do alot about it. Besides, the argument isn't whether people will getr (some of ;)) their money - that's pretty much a given. The point is that they could very easily do this on their own but probably don't realise it. Also 9/10 statistics are made up on the spot and 87% of those are completely meaningless.

Incidentally regarding your first comment, I thought it was worth highlighting as a cynic would say it could be interpreted as "when I have anything of my own to add to the work already provided for free by others...".

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

what inspires confidence is when they get a big old cheque from their bank. If a company does not offer a good service, customers won't use them.

banks don't offer a good service, nor do the post office, yet they are still used! millions of times a day, because there is nothing else convienient or available. indeed though some company's are useless and they end up losing business because of it. but it doesn't apply in everycase!

slightly off topic, i apologise

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/53562-anyone-having-difficulty-contacting.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/52984-halifax-rolling-over.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/47210-bailiffs-agreement-pay.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/39443-cca-claim.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-stores/32229-link-coverplan.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/holiday-companies/29868-change-airport.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/10548-what-happened-stevens-case.html

Yes I suppose I am, for someone who knows enough to charge others to provide this service, you appear to have asked a lot of questions

Well done, you can use a search facility.

Have I used material from this site, ie letter templates in the course of my business? No. I have never said I have not asked questions. I could of course come on to this thread under a different username but I'm really not trying to hide anything. You will notice that the other day on the Halifax thread that a user got a settlement simply because I posted some feedback, not a big deal but every little helps.

banks don't offer a good service, nor do the post office, yet they are still used! millions of times a day, because there is nothing else convienient or available. indeed though some company's are useless and they end up losing business because of it. but it doesn't apply in everycase!

slightly off topic, i apologise

The difference here is there is an excellent FREE resource available. The fact that people still choose to use a fee based service shows that there is demand for such a service. People have lots of options, thats the difference.

You will notice that the other day on the Halifax thread that a user got a settlement simply because I posted some feedback, not a big deal but every little helps.
full settlement? or did you take your 'cut' ???

nothing to do with that persons hard work, or people on this site, or the banks giving in, as they do.

all down to your 'feedback' yes. aren't you great!

Guest ian cognito
Well done, you can use a search facility

yes I can, and I can cut and paste too, wonderful thing universities.

Sent preliminary letter,

Got 6 years worth of account/charges info via Data Protection Act request

Sent letter before action

Now making the court claim, which address should the summons be sent to?

So what you mean is, you sent the prelim letter for your own claims then rewrote one of your own to use for your 'clients', or perhaps you wrote your own before posting this back in March?

my point was the public will see you as an authority on the matter and will give you trust, do you state in your advertising and any correspondence with your customers that you in fact have no legal authority are not qualified to offer any legal advice. and that they should be seeking a qualified professional !?

I make it quite clear that I have no legal qualifications. I've not had a single person be put off by this. As I say, personal recommendation is a powerful marketing tool. There is no reason not to trust us, we will get their money back.

I think there is room for both free and fee paying services. I understand your objections to our service however surely the proof of the pudding is in the eating. If they get their money back (in most cases they get all their charges plus interest) what's the problem with that?

yes I can, and I can cut and paste too, wonderful thing universities.

So what you mean is, you sent the prelim letter for your own claims then rewrote one of your own to use for your 'clients', or perhaps you wrote your own before posting this back in March?

Yes I did write my own before I knew anything about this site.

Can you only copy and paste in Universities ;-)