ADCB Card debt - Letter received from solicitor for UAE CC debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I accrued some credit card debt with ADCB when I was in the UAE in 2015.

I left the UAE in Dec 2015 and was not in a financial position to pay the debt. I believe the cc debt was around 20,000 AED.

A couple of years ago I received emails and letters from CWD threatening. I ignored and they stopped writing. Recently I've started receiving three final demands from trustdc.ae saying I owe 49000. The latest one offered a settlement at 20,000.

I haven't been living in the UK since 2017, and am currently residing in Spain. it's possible I won't return to the UK anytime soon, possibly never on a permanent basis.

However, I don't want to get a CCJ against me. Now I know I should ignore the DCAs but should I make the Abu Dhabi bank aware of my current address ( I suppose I can give them my parents address, which they probably have as my address on file), or should I tell them I'm not resident in the UK anymore?

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Edited by dx100uk
Format

What address are these letters to and by what method?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

The CWD letters two years ago went to the UK address I had registered with the bank when I was in the UAE, this is my parents address . The emails I've been receiving recently have been from a UAE Debt chaser, and haven't stated any address. 

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Write to ABCD simply giving your overseas address and keep them updated if you move around, and if you wish inc proof of long term residency abroad.

you are 1000% safe to ignore any emails from anyone.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Of course.

Not a lot anyone can do regarding the debt but no harm in bolting people firmly in their pens.

and they

And if you move around always keep the Bank updated of new addresses in writing.   Limitations period for credit debts is 15 years in the UAE, so plenty of time for them to try to enforce the debt. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

Would like some advice on best way to proceed on this.

I had a cc when I lived in the uae.

The amount they are chasing is around £10k, although I think half of that is extortionate interest charges.

I have been getting emails from a company called Credito plc for the past few months, I had always ignored these and sent a letter to ADCB informing them of my current address. 

Today I received a letter from Iridium law, which I've scanned saying they are managing the debt and will take all measures necessary to get the money. 

In some respects I would like to come to a very small arrangement with the bank just to get rid of the stress that it's causing.

However Im not sure what I should do re the solicitor.

Any would be much appreciated. 

Letter attached. 

Thanks

2023-02 iridium law letter.pdf

Plenty of UAE threads here to read 

Write and deal with the bank directly, esp if you've moved around in the UK since coming back here, that also ensures they have your correct and current address. Protect against backdoor ccj or litigants 

and they

Thanks I did write to inform them of my current address, I then received an email from the bank saying that a DCA was authorised to act on their behalf. I'll send another letter to them.

What would you suggest I should do re the letter from the solicitor? 

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

block and bounce all emails ignore those totally 

ignore everything until/unless you ever get  letter of claim with an I&E reply pack or a court claim or a statutory demand .

if you do comeback here, but yes there is nothing to stop you offering a payment scheme with the bank only. but they need to remove all their fake interest added i bet.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to ADCB Card debt - Letter received from solicitor for UAE CC debt
  • 9 months later...

Hi, 

Would like some advice on best way to proceed on this.

I had a cc when I lived in the uae.

The amount they are chasing is around £10k, although I think half of that is extortionate interest charges.

Earlier this year I received a letter from Iridium law saying they are managing the debt etc.

Today I received a letter from Iridium law, which I've scanned saying they are managing the debt and will take all measures necessary to get the money. 

I wrote to the bank ensured they had my address, and via email they sent a notice saying: 

The Total Outstanding on your Loan/Finance/ Credit Cards XXXXXXX is AED 48554 /- as on date of this email

Our authorized collection service partner Al Tamayez Dept Collections Llc (the “Collection Agent”) is now managing your loan/finance/Credit Card account on behalf of ADCB.

The Collection Agent and its authorized staff and representative will contact you to discuss the repayment options with respect to your loan/finance/Credit Card, stated above, on our behalf.

I communicated with this organisation and they offered me a few payment plans which were totally unaffordable.

The only way they would clear the fake interest was if I paid off the original balance around 20000 aed immediately, in one go. i couldn't and can't afford this.

I said that I can't do it but to keep them happy and shut them up I began paying 25 pound a month.

right now it just feels like I am completely wasting this money as the debt doesn't seem to go down.

I don't know what my best course of action is as I can't afford to clear the debt as it is but at the same time I don't want to keep sending them 25 quid every month.

I have tried to just communicate directly with the bank cutting out that authorised collection service partner but they don't reply.

Thanks

JS

three previous threads merged.

please now re read your thread from post one now.

you were told to ignore everyone until or unless you ever received a letter of claim

WHY have you conversed by email and by phone? with a powerless DCA or Solicitors and entered into a payment plan that has now reset the 15yrs statute barred clock? who told you to do that?

stop the payments ignore all comms until of unless you ever get a letter of claim with a reply pack wanting I&E etc

if you do then comeback here for advice, not act off your own back and do the wrong thing again.

a DCA is not a BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's type.

dx

and they