Argos camera not as described - **RESULT**

danler

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone please help with this.

I bought a digital camera from argos, which clearly states that there is

Movie capture and sound recording. However it clearly states in the manual that you cannot record sound. I have phoned argos and they have said to return it to the store where I bought it from, they will make sure it doesn't record sound and give me a refund. I don't want a refund I want a camera that records sound but the cameras with the same spec are much more expensive, this is why I chose this camera.

Does anyone know the consumer issues into buying goods and they are not as described. ie - I want the camera exchanged to one that records sound..

Thanks in advance

Danler

The camera you mention should be the vivitar 3mp camera. The person who sold it too you at the till should have explained that the camera does not capture sound, and was a misprint in the catalogue. Should you have not been told this complain to the manager as the staff have not been reading out the bulletins.

Regarding rights under not described, you are entitled to a full refund, however not to a more expensive model that has this feature. Mistakes are made out of human error, and as I know the message is on the tills, and should also be in there in-store browsers, they have done as much as they can to alert you before you pay. Its just lazy christmas temps not either being trained correctly or forgetting (Had to talk to a permanent member of staff yesterday regarding not reading them out.)

The most you can usually get is compensation for your time, petrol etc usually some form of goodwill voucher, however its down to manager discretion.

• Haha 1

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Hi Blitz

The actual camera is the Panasonic DMCLS2B 5MP Digital Camera..

Here are the spec's which is taken from the internet site

Silver.

5m pixels.

3 x optical zoom.

4 x digital zoom.

2in LCD colour screen.

Extra optical zoom 3.8x for 3MP.

Mega optical image stabiliser.

Venus Engine Plus.

SD/MMC memory card compatible up to 2GB capacity.

14MB internal memory.

Video output.

Movie capture and sound recording.

USB connection.

2 x AA batteries supplied.

PictBridge compatible.

Accessories included in box - Video cable, USB cable, Strap, CD-ROM, software.

Software compatibility - PC.

Weight 186g.

Size (H)5.3, (W)11.0, (D)3.9cm.

Battery life 250 pictures.

Still and movie images in 16:9 mode.

High sensitivity mode (800-1600).

Manual focus joystick.

Compatible with conversion lens.

Burst shooting mode 3fps on full resolution.

Multiple scene modes.

Self timer.

Colour effect modes - cool, warm, black and white, sepia.

Unlimited consecutive shooting.

Built in flash.

Leica DC Vario lens.

Simple mode for beginner.

I have looked in the catalogue and it doesn't mention anything about sound recording but the internet does. I ordered the camera over the internet so never looked at the catalogue until now. I'll take it back to the shop tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards

Danler

kk, I know there was an issue with the vivitar one and sound capture (just an assumption), whilst I will look into the issue when I get time to go into work, the issue of one with sound recording and human misprint remains the same.

They may (Manager discretion) allow a minor difference in price (10%), but not a major upgrade or price difference.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Hi Blitz

RESULT - my auntie [who's camera it was] took the camera back to argos, spoke to the manager who exchanged the camera for one priced 10 pound more and which has sound recording, at no extra cost to her. She's very happy now.

Thank you

Danler