David Lloyds - Passed to ARC - 'Arrears £400'

Barbaracus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My membership recently expired at David Lloyds and didn't renew - however I was informed that I had to give 3 months notice to cancel and that I owe nearly £400.00 (last payment in Feb 2022).

I emailed back and forth with DL memberships to no avail - although they cannot actually provide me with a signed copy of the membership agreement. I've been waiting 2 weeks for it now, every other response has been next day.

It has now been passed to ARC Debt Recovery

They don't have my current address but reading through some posts here It looks like I should inform ARC of my new address - is this still correct?

Copies of letters are being sent to me via email, this is how I know they have written to me.

Looking for a bit of advice.

Just to add to this.

I joined over 15 years ago and don't remember signing anything hence me asking for a copy of the signed membership agreement - which at the moment they are failing to provide

Thanks in advance.

Ignore arc.

A DCA is not a BAILIFF

And have

ZERO legal powers on any debt, no matter what it's type.

stop emailing, stop ringing anyone.

write to david Lloyd, offering one months payment only to settle

if they refuse simply ignore everyone

gyms dont do court

gym debts cant hurt your credit file.

Dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Barbaracus and welcome to CAG

We always tell site users to challenge DL 3 month notice requirement.

As DX says, write to DL now offering to pay just 1 months fee as reasonable notice to cancel. If they accept your offer within 14 days, pay it. If not, assume they don't want what you've offered.

Also write to ARC giving them your new address but warn them to stop making demands as you've made an offer to settle.

Keep us posted ..............

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

pers id not be bothering with updating arc, they are powerless, he needs to update their client DL and that letter will kill 2 birds.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agreed DX, save paper with just the 1 letter to DL.

Barbaracus, keep the letter super-short and post a draft here if you want, before you post it to DL's Head Office.

• Like 1

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks for the replies you two.

I've written a quick draft - hope this looks okay?

REF: Membership number: XXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing with regards to the ongoing situation concerning my cancelled membership.

I am willing to pay 1 months membership fee (£xxx) as a full and final payment. After this payment I will consider this matter closed and no outstanding balance due. Please confirm in writing your acceptance of this offer.

Also, please note my address at the top of this letter – this is my current home address. Please update your records and any records of other ‘interested’ parties accordingly.

Yours sincerely,

NAME

REF: Membership number: XXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern,

Please note my new address at the top of this letter.

I refer to the ongoing situation concerning my cancelled membership.

I am willing to pay just 1 months membership fee (£xxx) as a full and final payment. Please confirm in writing your acceptance of this offer within14 days, after which I will consider the matter closed.

Considering I was a member for 15 years, I think you passing this on to ARC is unreasonable and this may be reflected in my use of online reviews of social media.

Yours sincerely,

NAME

No response from DL as of yet but had another letter from ARC, which they have sent to my old address. However they did email it me too.

Should I be concerned about the lack of address update even though I informed DL?

"We note that you have not cleared your balance or made payment proposals since our previous letter to you. On the instructions of our client, we can now refer the matter to our Solicitors, Majorlaw Ltd, with instructions to prepare a County Court Claim against you for recovery of the above debt.

What will happen next?

Unless we receive either payment in full or your payment proposals, a Court Claim can be prepared 14 days after the date of this letter. If this action is necessary and we pass the account to our Solicitors for issue, our client is entitled to claim interest under the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum together with fixed Court Fees and Solicitor’s Costs amounting to a further £109.00. You may want to seek independent legal advice on this matter.

What effect could a Court Claim have on me?

If a Claim is issued and the debt remains unpaid, our client could apply for a formal Court Judgment against you. If a Judgment is granted and is not paid within one month, it will be recorded by the Credit Reference Agencies for a period of 6 years and this may seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

What should I do next?

You can make a secure payment to us 24 hours a day with your debit or credit card by visiting our website www.arceuropeltd.co.uk or by calling our automated payment hotline on 01332 647693.

Alternatively, please contact our Customer Support Team by phone or live chat within 14 days from the date of this letter to discuss the balance on your account. You may also want to contact one of the free debt advice organisations by clicking here Free Debt Advice."

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

simply ignore them.

dx

and they

Agreed - ignore ARC for now 

• 4 weeks later...

nope ignore

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Update on this.

I've been ignoring ARC as recommended - they have been calling/emailing/texting quite often.

However this morning I've been emailed by

Collections Department
Resolvecall
Spectrum House
55 Blythswood Street
Glasgow
G2 7AT

Has anyone else experienced this with David Lloyds - I can't find any info on this company acting on DL's behalf.

resolvecall are the old scotcall or snot scrawl as we used to call them.

as with all DCA's they are not bailiffs

and totally powerless. 

ignore totally.

you should be blocking/bouncing all emails

sending any texts to 7726 spam. 

blocking all calls .

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Just an update on this.

I kept ignoring ARC/Resolvecall but they persisted.

I have had some 'luck' though - both my parents are members of the said club and threatened to cancel their memberships if this was not resolved.

2 days later, deemed debt is cancelled and apparently the debt collectors have been called off. 

Will be interesting to see if this is actually the case.

wasnt any debt in the 1st place 

dx

and they