Hermes lost my £150 parcel!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I recently sold a set of gym attachments via ebay using Hermes, this was "held due to damage" and now has been declared "lost" by a Hermes representative over the phone. They've asked me to fill in a claims form and wait 48 hours for a response. These were sold for £135 but have the value of £150. I did not use there full cover insurance and I am only covered up to £20. 

Is there anything that can be done so that I can be reimbursed?

As they were sold via eBay, I suppose that the cost – £135 was correctly declared.

I suppose you used Packlink – correct?

Yes you have every chance of getting your money back.

Please start off by reading around the stories on this sub- forum – try to get about 15 or 20 different Hermes threads under your belt and that will help you understand all the principles of Packlink, insurance – et cetera and also the likely route that your complaint is going to take.

Make a formal complaint to Hermes and tell them you want all your money. After about 10 days you either won't have heard anything or they will have declined – then come back here and we will take you through the next step.

Reading around the stories is essential

Thank you for responding, I used Hermes directly so I manually entered all the information and uploaded the details onto ebay but all the details were correct to avoid the risk of the parcel not being delivered. 

I have raised this with Hermes and await their response. In the meantime i'll familiarise  myself with the previous threads! Thank you :)

• Like 1