Sweeney Kincaid Auction House-Suspended my account

Argyll
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few weeks ago I bought a petrol generator (£200) and a whiteboard (£13) from the above auction house in Glasgow. I arranged collection a few days later, however the whiteboard was very badly warped which wasn't shown in the photos so I rejected the goods. The generator was fine. The chap at the gate told me their policy was to issue a credit note but I told him I wasn't happy with this and wanted a refund. 

I had to send them several emails before I was refunded. A few days ago while browsing their website I noticed they have suspended my account. They have failed to respond to emails asking why.

I can only guess they're being vindictive because I refused the whiteboard. Is there anything I can do or can they do as they please? 

So long as they aren't unlawfully discriminating against you because of a protected characteristic, I presume that like anybody else they can pick and choose whom they do business with. 

I understand places like Amazon and eBay will close "problem" purchaser accounts quite commonly, and will often also close other accounts that they believe are connected to a problem account  (eg same email, same physical address, same payment details etc).

Edited by Manxman in exile

I fail to see why I'd be a chosen as a problem account. It's the first time I've purchased anything from them. I paid for the items in advance. The £200 generator was fine but as I said the whiteboard was rejected as it was badly warped which I suspect they knew and chose not to photograph the item from that angle. 

Amazon closes accounts to customers regularly returning items. Sweeney Kincaid have no reason to. 

It sounds like sour grapes. 

Edited by Argyll