Hermes Delivered Parcel Outside (retailer) now stolen.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

sent parcel 08:53am 25/11/21 (next day), Contacted Hermes due to no collection 25/11/21 and was told it would be collected 26/11/21 (never happened) it was collected on 27/11/21 delivery Monday according to tracker. But only looked on Friday. 

Contacted the retailer Friday asking about the returned items and what the outcome will be. 

got a reply saying no items/package delivered I said to retailer that they was delivered Monday morning 11:40ish according to the tracker. 

I even sent them the picture of the delivery location (which was outside there building) on the top of the steps. 

so I contacted myhermes and explained the situation I’m now in. I’ve explained I sent the items back as agreed and should have arrived Friday and ended up being Monday.

I’ve had a reply today (7/12/21) Am here it is as follows. 

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for getting in touch with your enquiry. 
Unfortunately, the courier is unable to recall this specific parcel due to the length of time that has elapsed
We can confirm that the courier was on the correct street at the time of delivery however, I cannot provide the location this parcel was left.
I have tried my utmost to gain as much as information, but this is all I can provide.

We are sorry this situation has occurred, If the customer has not yet received this parcel a refund or replacement will need to be agreed with the customer.
Please follow your usual claims procedure.
For any deliveries which don’t require a signature, please let your customer know if they have a safe place to leave the parcel it can be updated here https://new.myhermes.co.uk/track.html#/.

Kind Regards
Cris
Customer Resolutions Advisor

I the sender and the customer at the same time so I’m lost in there reply. 
I get it they use copy and paste. But Refund or replacement I can not do for myself :) 

do the monkeys not understand what we say to them in the phone call.

now I’m thinking with that reply it’s ohh well !!!!  

I have emailed them the amount for replacement items will be as in invoices I have. Total asked for is £102.94 which includes the £5 postage (which is of course no added insurance)

I declared that it contained RW8’s which FYI is circulating pumps for my marine tank.

I’ll be contacting them again in the morning 8/12/21 regarding the reply. 

now the next step is claim I take it. 

Welcome to the forum – and I'm sure we can help you.

However you set out your story in a kind of shorthand and it's a bit difficult to follow.

Could you just give a brief bullet pointed chronology of what it is, when it happened, how much was it – was their insurance, was it properly declared in terms of identity of item and also value.

Additionally can you please make sure that you do the reading of at least a dozen or so of the Hermes stories on this sub- forum. They will broadly follow the same route and it's important to understand some of the principles involved.

Hi Bankfodder,

I was returning two Jebeo RW-8 Circulation pumps to whom I purchased them from (warranty Return) which was agreed.

filled in the online form with RW-8's on label.

No Insurance Added So standard coverage.

Amount I'm sure I put either £80 or £90 for them (was not sure on there prices as didnt have invoices in front of me)

here it is the chronology from 25/11/21

• Parcel ordered online (Next Day Delivery)
  • Parcel dropped off at drop-off point (8:53am)
  • Checked online tracking not been collected by Hermes (contacted Hermes regarding matter)
  • Item collected by Hermes 27/11/21
  • item was delivered 29/11/21 @ 11:32am (According to tacker 3/12/21)

I emailed the company to whom I sent the parcel too, In regards to not hearing from them.

I received "reply saying no items/package delivered"

I said to ********* that they was delivered Monday morning 11:40ish according to the tracker. 

I even sent them the picture of the delivery location (which was outside there building).

so I contacted Hermes and explained the situation I’m now in. I’ve explained I sent the items back as agreed and should have arrived Friday and ended up being Monday.

I’ve had a reply today (7/12/21)

Thank you for getting in touch with your enquiry. 
Unfortunately, the courier is unable to recall this specific parcel due to the length of time that has elapsed
We can confirm that the courier was on the correct street at the time of delivery however, I cannot provide the location this parcel was left.
I have tried my utmost to gain as much as information, but this is all I can provide.

We are sorry this situation has occurred, If the customer has not yet received this parcel a refund or replacement will need to be agreed with the customer.
Please follow your usual claims procedure.
For any deliveries which don’t require a signature, please let your customer know if they have a safe place to leave the parcel it can be updated here https://new.myhermes.co.uk/track.html#/.

Kind Regards
Cris
Customer Resolutions Advisor

I have emailed them the amount for replacement items in invoices.

Total asked for is £102.94 which includes the £5 postage

I’ll be contacting them again in the morning 8/12/21 regarding the reply. 

now the next step is claim I take it.

Hope this is better Bankfodder, never had to do this but there is a first.
I have read a few of the threads regarding things being lost or stolen from within the network but not off the street outside.

Were these items being returned because they were defective or simply under the distance selling rules?

Were you following the seller's instructions to return the items? If so, did they generate the labels and designate the carrier? Or did you put all the arrangements in place without any direction from the seller?

Who is the seller please?

They was returned due to stopped working and after a week of emails I was asked to return them back to Fastlight based in Basingstoke. (no Specific return procedure explained)

I have now become aware that I should have asked for them to Provide the return Label (Googled my rights for faulty items).

I've been reading a lot of info regarding returns and issues since Saturday night.

Hi Justin

If you would like to return them back to us complete we can take a look at them.

Regards

Rob J****s

Fast Light Limited

2 Bessemer Park

Bessemer Road

Basingstoke

Hampshire

RG21 3NB

Tel.   0800 0336 150 & 01256 320350

Fax.   0870 7601 421

www.fastlight.co.uk

Follow us on     

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Yes, you haven't helped yourself by taking charge of the defective item. It was up to the retailer to do this and by taking control yourself you've also assumed responsibility for it until it is delivered to the retailer.

However, it seems that you do have photographic evidence of the delivery. Is that correct?
How long had you owned it before you realised it was defective?

I do have the photographic evidence and saved it on my phone too. 

they was being returned for the second time. This pair I’d had since July / August. 

Yes I realise now it was upto the retailer to supply the labels for returns.

It would be nice to go against the retailer – but it may be more straightforward to go against Hermes – if it is clear that the parcel was left outside the building are not actually delivered into it.

This was a business building presumably and so therefore there must have been a door that was open and possibly a receptionist inside? What do you think?

In other words was any problem with Hermes taking the parcel into the building?

One would have thought that a correctly delivered puzzle would actually be taken into the building and not left outside. If it was delivered to a residential address then maybe it would be more reasonable to leave the parcel outside if the resident was not there – but with a business, it seems to me that if the parcel was delivered during business hours then one would expect somebody to be there.

Was it delivered during business hours?

The delivery driver didn’t even try the buzzer on the door. It’s a unit but even then it should never have been left out side. 

yes 11:32am before noon.

im now awaiting a reply regarding the issue from Hermes CEO department. According to them it’s a 24hr wait. I emailed the Attached Cc the CEO into the email. 

Update.

Good Afternoon,

Regarding Parcel Number *****************.

Thank you for contacting our CEO, Martijn De Lange. My name is Aakash and Martijn has personally asked me to investigate this matter on his behalf.

I am sorry that your recipient has not received this parcel after the courier delivered this to the recipients doorstep. I know how frustrating this has been for you.

This has been reported to the Delivery Team. A thorough investigation will take place between by the Delivery Team internally. I can assure you that all appropriate actions will be taken to ensure you do not receive the same or similar level of service going forward.

We appreciate that this is not the outcome you were hoping for, however, we do offer cover to assist in this situation and we will happily support you through the process of making a claim.

Should you wish to submit your claim, please complete the following online form:

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate in contacting us.

I have since completed the claims form and awaiting there outcome. 

im expecting just the £20 compensation and the £5 delivery to be returned.

just wondering if I should be waiting the 28 days they expect me to wait?

I will start the court forms while I’m waiting for them to do what they want to do, also I have a 7 day letter of legal action completed as I’m expecting no luck outside of County Court. 

Letter of claim has to give 14-days.

I suggest that you prepare it, post it here so we can check and then send it off.

However it worries me that you think that it is 7-days.

This suggests to me that you haven't done your reading of this subforum

Hi BankFodder

Letter of Claim has to have 14 days, Ill set that in there now.

Here is Hermes response 

Regarding parcel ******

Thank you for contacting our CEO, Martijn De Lange.

My name is Tariq and Martijn has personally asked me to investigate this matter on his behalf.

First of all I would like to begin by apologising for this parcel not being received as it was left insecure.

I have investigated your claim and, due to the level of cover you chose within our standard compensation, we will be processing a payment for maximum value of £20.00 plus £5.00 in postage costs, back to you via the payment method used when you booked your parcel.

We thank you for your patience on this matter and ask that you allow up to 5 working days for the payment to reach you.

If you need anything in the future, please contact your Hermes Customer Service Team and we’ll be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Tariq

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

So you have sent them the letter of claim? We haven't seen it – please could you post it up here so we can have a look.

In terms of their response – it doesn't change anything except that when you make the claim, making for 25 quid less or by whatever amount it is that they have paid you.

Make sure that you send them nothing which could be interpreted as having received the money in full settlement

hi

I have got to this stage of writing been busy myself.

Hermes Parcelnet Ltd

Capitol House

1 Capitol Close

Morley

LS27 0WH

Letter Of Claim

Ref Number: 2****6-0*****9 Parcel ID: C*************7

I am writing in Reference to a parcel not being delivered in the manor set out in our agreement, forth which has resulted in it being stolen from the location you delivery driver left the parcel (outside in an unsecure location). I raised the issue and you have investigated the claim raised and I completed your Claims form and I have received part payment towards the outstanding amount, which might have been an oversight. But I can supply my bank details upon request, or you can pay via the method you did for the partial payment.

Here is a summary of the outstanding debt

Amount Owed     £102.94

Amount received £25.00

Total Outstanding £77.94

I am giving you 14 days (Stated in Law) for you to either pay the outstanding debt or I will have to start legal proceeding in small claims against you.

Yours Sincerely

Mr **************

only missing the part about the insurance scam but I might add that in at a later stage, or should i note it now as i shouldn't be paying for Hermes negligence (Delivery Drivers) .

I hope you won't mind me saying but you had better check your spelling and also introduce spacing

Is this a better version?

Hermes Parcelnet Ltd

Capitol House

1 Capitol Close

Morley

LS27 0WH

Letter of Claim

Ref Number: 2****6-0*****9 Parcel ID: C*************7

Dear Sir/Madam

As I am sure you are aware, I used your Next day services on Thursday 25th November 2021 to post a parcel containing Jebao RW-8 x 2 (RW8’s) to the value of £97.94 to an address in the United Kingdom. I understand, after conversations with employees of your company and email confirmation, that the parcel was abandoned on the doorstep at the intended destination on 29/11/21, subsequently causing the parcel to be stolen due to abandonment on your part.

Your contractual obligations were to deliver my parcel safely to its intended destination and these criteria were not fulfilled. Not only have you breached your contract with me by failing to deliver this parcel,

You have proceeded to refund me the sum of £25.00, which equates to postage costs of £5.00 and £20 insurance claim, as per your insurance. This leaves an outstanding sum of £77.94, which has not been refunded.

As a result of what has been outlined above, this is my official notice that I am proposing to sue for the remaining value of £77.94.

If I do not receive a reimbursement of £77.94 within 14 days, then I will proceed to sue you for this amount in county court without any prior notice

Yours Faithfully

Mr **************

Edited by dx100uk
docx that has all your pers details in info posted as text to post

It's fine.

Don't sign it as "Mr XXX". It's uncool.

Just use your full name – first and last

Hi again, Here is an update to the LOC sent.

Regarding Parcel Number ********.

Thank you for your response.

I am sorry that this parcel was not received by the recipient. I know how frustrating this has been for you.

Of course, we never want to damage or lose our customer's parcels, but from time to time, like with anything, things can go wrong. We recognise this which is why we offer our customers compensation to help somewhat with their disappointment in those circumstances.

As you know we are a self-serve company, however, we do everything we can to encourage our customers to check the level of compensation selected when booking their parcel. We give two options: one at no cost covering the parcel up to £20 and the second to cover the parcel up to the value of £300 for a small cost built into their postage amount.

We are always more than happy to pay up to the level of compensation our customers select because that's the right thing to do when something happens to a customer's parcel that they have entrusted us with. However, we will only pay up to the level of compensation selected.

I have checked our system and can see that the maximum compensation you have selected is £20.00, therefore we are unable to issue a higher compensation payment on this occasion.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Kind Regards,

Aakash 

Edited by Artfulldodger

Dear Aakash

reference number XXX

Does your reply mean that you are waiving the 14 days in my letter of claim and that I can issue legal proceedings immediately?

Yours sincerely

I have started filling in the online claim form Briefly explain you claim.

Particulars of Claim

I used the defendant's courier service to deliver a 2x Jebao RW-8's value £97.94 to a UK address. Reference number *****

the parcel was not delivered but was merely left on the doorstep from which it appears to have been stolen and it had been stolen from its abandoned location.

The defendants have refused to reimburse me for the Items Named above on the basis that I did not purchase their additional insurance cover.

The defendant' s requirement that the customer should protect themselves against the negligence or criminality of their
employees or their own breaches of contract is unfair within the meaning of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and therefore unenforceable.
 The defendants have reimbursed me £XXX. My claim is for the balance of My claim is for £77.94 plus court fee

should I mention the receipt of the postage and the refunded amount now?

I have edited it and added to the claim details.

Thanks for time today.

Still no Reply.

Edited by dx100uk
Edits in red

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bank Fodder,

I have had no reply from them regarding the Letter of Claim.

I have noticed they closed the chat too, as i wanted to message them one last time.

This incident can't be re-opened or updated. If you need to contact us again, click on the 'Get in touch' tab.

So looks like to me they are terminating contact. 

I have nearly finished with the online claim as I need to sort a few things out.

Shame you can not Claim for more then what is outstanding as they are in breach of the terms they state.

I have emailed the CEO in regards the LOC at time of posting this. so all have a copy of the LOC now.

any further advise?

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

Once the 14 days expires then send the claim.

Post the particulars of claim here first

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again Bankfodder

I had a message regarding the issue from Hermes again today, I'm taking it as acknowledgment of guilt.....

Ill post the info to you once i get a chance.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email and for your patience on the matter.

Having discussed and reviewed your case with my Manager, we can see the parcel was delivered 29/11/2021 at approximately 11:30 although our GPS tracking shows 28 meters , the parcel was delivered and left in a none compliant location - outside by the door to the business, When questioned the week after the delivery, the courier advised they could not recall the exact location of the delivery.

As a result of the standard of the delivery and the manner in which the query has been handled I would like to offer you a goodwill payment of a further  £30 , should you be happy to accept my offer please respond as soon as possible so payment can be processed.

As a self-serve company, we do everything possible to encourage customers to check our lists of non-compensated and prohibited items and the level  of compensation needed  and we try to make this easy and transparent so that customers understand from the outset what we can and can’t carry to prevent incidents like this  happening to you and other customers.

If you need anything in the future, please contact your Hermes Customer Service Team and we’ll be happy to help.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Tracy

Hermes Executive Office

Edited by Artfulldodger