FTR Fast Tax Rebates Ltd HMRC demanding repayment in full

DWJo

Me too!

I am a victim of Alan O’Hara and his company Fast Tax Rebates (FTR) deception and fraudulent activity.

I am extremely worried as HMRC are demanding I repay £13,229.00 by 8/12/2021 of which I personally received only £4354 as I do not have the money.  

I was referred by a friend who himself has discovered he has been deceived. I was led to believe that I could claim tax relief/rebate on work related expenses.

After lots of searching, I have, only this morning, found this group and just read through the whole of this thread. 

Please can you advise if I need to request SAR from HMRC and FTR and complete the other actions you advised?

My action to date:

1. I have investigated and researched Alan Francis O’Hara (AFO).

2. Reported AFO deception and fraudulent activity to Action Fraud. No reply received to date.

3. Written to HMRC enclosing copies of:

- all emails between myself and ‘Mike’, ‘Claire Marshall’;

- AF form;

- Copy of my bank Statement showing deposit from FTR.

After finally speaking to HMRC yesterday who informed me that they have literally hundreds of cases where EIS is the scam that dishonest ‘tax agents’ have used i  have been advised to lodge a review/appeal against this HMRC decision which I am in the process of writing. 

Any advice you can give me about writing the review/appeal would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DWJo said:

Me too!

I am a victim of Alan O’Hara and his company Fast Tax Rebates (FTR) deception and fraudulent activity. I am extremely worried as HMRC are demanding I repay £13,229.00 by 8/12/2021 of which I personally received only £4354 as I do not have the money.  I was referred by a friend who himself has discovered he has been deceived. I was led to believe that I could claim tax relief/rebate on work related expenses.
After lots of searching, 

I have, only this morning, found this group and just read through the whole of this thread. 
Question

Please can you advise if I need to request SAR from HMRC and FTR and complete the other actions you advised?

My action to date:

1. I have investigated and researched Alan Francis O’Hara (AFO).

2. Reported AFO deception and fraudulent activity to Action Fraud. No reply received to date.

3. Written to HMRC enclosing copies of:

- all emails between myself and ‘Mike’, ‘Claire Marshall’;

- AF form;

- Copy of my bank Statement showing deposit from FTR.

After finally speaking to HMRC yesterday who informed me that they have literally hundreds of cases where EIS is the scam that dishonest ‘tax agents’ have used.

I have been advised to lodge a review/appeal against this HMRC decision which I am in the process of writing. 
Question

Any advice you can give me about writing the review/appeal would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Please could you start up your own thread on this issue.

It's very important because it makes it easier for people to understand which piece of advice is given to who.

Also, the more individual threats we have about this, the more significant it is to Google and the higher up in the rankings it will go and that will attract more attention.

Also, every new thread which started here is sent out on our Twitter feed and that will also attract a lot more attention

Please will you start a new thread

I'm afraid that I'm not following any of the threads and not at all aware of the issues. However, I can tell you that there is never a downside to sending an SAR to anybody. It's all free. It takes 30 days and it's always wise to get it going earlier than later

• Like 1

Hi DWJo and welcome to CAG

I have moved your post above into your own thread you should use from now on.

Please take time to carefully read through the threads for Dixon2094 and for Schipoo. Make notes as you go through each case as there's a lot to learn.

Once you have done this, you should have enough info to draft your appeal against HMRC's demands. And with all this info, you should be able to make a better challenge than Dixon and Schipoo.

Initially, draft an appeal to HMRC appealing the determinations for whichever tax years (eg 2018/19; 2019/20). Put the draft of your appeal here and we'll knock it into shape if needed.

Try not to fret about repaying the tax by their "deadline" - this can be appealed and delayed for now.

Read, learn and come back with your draft ......... 

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

12 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Please could you start up your own thread on this issue.

It's very important because it makes it easier for people to understand which piece of advice is given to who.

Also, the more individual threats we have about this, the more significant it is to Google and the higher up in the rankings it will go and that will attract more attention.

Also, every new thread which started here is sent out on our Twitter feed and that will also attract a lot more attention

Please will you start a new thread

Hi DWJo

No need to quote previous posts - just use the REPLY box below the last post in the thread 😉

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

That's ok DWJo - I started your new thread here to avoid hijacking the thread you first posted on.

Come back here with your draft appeal when you're ready.