FTR Fast Tax Rebates Ltd HMRC demanding repayment in full from son

DWJo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a victim of Alan O’Hara and his company Fast Tax Rebates (FTR) deception and fraudulent activity.

I am extremely worried as HMRC are demanding I repay £13,229.00 by 8/12/2021 of which I personally received only £4354 as I do not have the money.  

I was referred by a friend who himself has discovered he has been deceived. I was led to believe that I could claim tax relief/rebate on work related expenses.

After lots of searching, I have, only this morning, found this group and just read through the whole of this thread. 

Please can you advise if I need to request SAR from HMRC and FTR and complete the other actions you advised?

My action to date:

1. I have investigated and researched Alan Francis O’Hara (AFO).

2. Reported AFO deception and fraudulent activity to Action Fraud. No reply received to date.

3. Written to HMRC enclosing copies of:

- all emails between myself and ‘Mike’, ‘Claire Marshall’;

- AF form;

- Copy of my bank Statement showing deposit from FTR.

After finally speaking to HMRC yesterday who informed me that they have literally hundreds of cases where EIS is the scam that dishonest ‘tax agents’ have used i  have been advised to lodge a review/appeal against this HMRC decision which I am in the process of writing. 

Any advice you can give me about writing the review/appeal would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DWJo said:

Me too!

I am a victim of Alan O’Hara and his company Fast Tax Rebates (FTR) deception and fraudulent activity. I am extremely worried as HMRC are demanding I repay £13,229.00 by 8/12/2021 of which I personally received only £4354 as I do not have the money.  I was referred by a friend who himself has discovered he has been deceived. I was led to believe that I could claim tax relief/rebate on work related expenses.
After lots of searching, 

I have, only this morning, found this group and just read through the whole of this thread. 
Question

Please can you advise if I need to request SAR from HMRC and FTR and complete the other actions you advised?

My action to date:

1. I have investigated and researched Alan Francis O’Hara (AFO).

2. Reported AFO deception and fraudulent activity to Action Fraud. No reply received to date.

3. Written to HMRC enclosing copies of:

- all emails between myself and ‘Mike’, ‘Claire Marshall’;

- AF form;

- Copy of my bank Statement showing deposit from FTR.

After finally speaking to HMRC yesterday who informed me that they have literally hundreds of cases where EIS is the scam that dishonest ‘tax agents’ have used.

I have been advised to lodge a review/appeal against this HMRC decision which I am in the process of writing. 
Question

Any advice you can give me about writing the review/appeal would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Please could you start up your own thread on this issue.

It's very important because it makes it easier for people to understand which piece of advice is given to who.

Also, the more individual threats we have about this, the more significant it is to Google and the higher up in the rankings it will go and that will attract more attention.

Also, every new thread which started here is sent out on our Twitter feed and that will also attract a lot more attention

Please will you start a new thread

I'm afraid that I'm not following any of the threads and not at all aware of the issues. However, I can tell you that there is never a downside to sending an SAR to anybody. It's all free. It takes 30 days and it's always wise to get it going earlier than later

• Like 1

Hi DWJo and welcome to CAG

I have moved your post above into your own thread you should use from now on.

Please take time to carefully read through the threads for Dixon2094 and for Schipoo. Make notes as you go through each case as there's a lot to learn.

Once you have done this, you should have enough info to draft your appeal against HMRC's demands. And with all this info, you should be able to make a better challenge than Dixon and Schipoo.

Initially, draft an appeal to HMRC appealing the determinations for whichever tax years (eg 2018/19; 2019/20). Put the draft of your appeal here and we'll knock it into shape if needed.

Try not to fret about repaying the tax by their "deadline" - this can be appealed and delayed for now.

Read, learn and come back with your draft ......... 

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

12 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Please could you start up your own thread on this issue.

It's very important because it makes it easier for people to understand which piece of advice is given to who.

Also, the more individual threats we have about this, the more significant it is to Google and the higher up in the rankings it will go and that will attract more attention.

Also, every new thread which started here is sent out on our Twitter feed and that will also attract a lot more attention

Please will you start a new thread

Hi DWJo

No need to quote previous posts - just use the REPLY box below the last post in the thread 😉

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

That's ok DWJo - I started your new thread here to avoid hijacking the thread you first posted on.

Come back here with your draft appeal when you're ready.

• 4 months later...
On 17/02/2022 at 13:13, slick132 said:

The following legislation has been brought to our attention by our contact at TaxWatch

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/282/regulation/8/made

Information delivered electronically on another’s behalf

8.  Any information delivered by an approved method of electronic communications on behalf of any person shall be deemed to have been delivered by him unless he proves that it was delivered without his knowledge or connivance. "

You have good grounds to argue that the info delivered by Maxwell/FTR was delivered without your knowledge or connivance. Yes, you knew they were acting on your behalf but you were never aware of the nature of the EIS tax relief being claimed.

I'll come back later about how to present this to HMRC or Tribunal.

Hi, I’ve been following this thread as my son has been scammed by Alan Francis O’Hara of Fast Tax Rebates and also of Easy Tax Rebates. 
Is Alan Francis O’Hara trading under the name Maxwell now as I noticed you’ve stated both O’Hara and Maxwell in this thread? Thanks 

• dx100uk changed the title to FTR Fast Tax Rebates Ltd HMRC demanding repayment in full from son

i have moved your recent post to here your own thread

please can you help us to help by only posting here now.

@slick132 will be along soon

dx

On 05/12/2021 at 23:43, slick132 said:

That's ok DWJo - I started your new thread here to avoid hijacking the thread you first posted on.

Come back here with your draft appeal when you're ready.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

While you wait for Slick to advise, could you update us on what's happened since December please?

To answer your question about O'Hara, we know he resigned as director of Fast Tax Rebates and Easy Tax Rebates.

There"s also someone called Allan Maxwell of Max Tax which was dissolved in 2020, some people think they dealt with him. But as nobody has met either of them, it's hard to know who's who.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi DWJ,

I believe Maxwell had a separate firm, Max Tax, that worked in cahoots with O'hara and FTR.

If you need to get up to speed with recent events, read Dixon and Schipoo's threads.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I’ve been following this but recently discovered an error on HMRCs part when assessing the SATR. See below:

1. Did Fast Tax Rebates ask you to telephone HMRC and ask them to open certain tax years because you were making a claim for expenses over £2500?

2. Have you had sight of HMRCs ‘bundle’ or have you asked for copies of all documents that HMRC hold about?
If not ask for copies of the self assessment tax returns submitted by Fast Tax Rebates.

You will find in the SATRs that FTR have ticked the box claiming for investment, not the box for claiming expenses.  

As this does not match with the reason the tax years were open, i.e. expenses claim for more than £2500, then HMRC should have made enquiries according their procedure guidance and are therefore technically at fault. 

Once you establish these facts submit it to HMRC solicitors and copy to the tribunal.

Hopefully the solicitors will decide not to defend their decision and close the case. 

• 1 month later...

Hi DWJ,

I've seen the post you made on Schipoo's thread (moved to here now -dx ) but could you please update your thread here to tell others how your dispute panned out with HMRC.

I think this would be very helpful.

Thanks