Hermes Lost my thermal camera drone on a next day delivery and are offering me £20 compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I paid for a next day delivery of my drone having left it at a Hermes parcel shop. The item was scanned out of the parcel shop that night and not scanned into the first depot it was scheduled to arrive at. After two months of investigations Hermes cannot tell me what happened to my large 5-10kg parcel in a peli case between the parcel shop and the depot scan and they want to offer me £20 on a parcel worth £1550. It is obvious that all fingers point to the person that collected from the parcel shop and didn't scan it into the depot they were supposed to arrive at. ANY other small courier this would be seen as fraud or theft and hermes cannot be allowed to stand behind 'internal policies'. I would like to take this further because Hermes cannot be allowed to run such a racket. Any help is appreciated. It goes without saying lessoned learned and I will never send anything via Hermes again. 

I paid for a next day delivery of my drone having left it at a Hermes parcel shop.

The item was scanned out of the parcel shop that night and not scanned into the first depot it was scheduled to arrive at.

After two months of investigations Hermes cannot tell me what happened to my large 5-10kg parcel in a peli case between the parcel shop and the depot scan and they want to offer me £20 on a parcel worth £1550.

It is obvious that all fingers point to the person that collected from the parcel shop and didn't scan it into the depot they were supposed to arrive at.

ANY other small courier this would be seen as fraud or theft and hermes cannot be allowed to stand behind 'internal policies'.

I would like to take this further because Hermes cannot be allowed to run such a racket.

Any help is appreciated. It goes without saying lessoned learned and I will never send anything via Hermes again. 

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

Please note that I've had to restructure your post introduce spacing and to make it more accessible to people especially on small screens.

Was the item properly declared?
Was the value properly declared?

Did you take out their so-called insurance?

What reason have Hermes given for declining your claim?

Please start reading around the stories on the sub- forum. Lots of Hermes stories here and they all follow broadly the same route.

Also, which parcel shop did you leave it at?