Renault from new 2019 on 4yrs lease from Renault Finance faulty- adblue sensor error - dealer dragging its feet - warranty issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help me a couple of weeks ago my 2019 Renault traffic vwouldnt start I rang Renault assist and they sent the rac out who diagnosed that it was a sensor in the adblue tank and bypassed and told me drive it to the main dealer I took it to were I bought it a dealer in Preston and was told they couldn’t look at it till early jan and they sent me back to Blackpool we’re they took it in a couple of days later the service manager rang me and said the injectors were all caked up and it wasn’t covered by the warranty and quoted me over 4,000 pounds to repair I said the rac said it was a sensor and if it had been serious he would have had my van towed to the garage not driven ( by the way it drove perfect ) the service manager said something had been put in the adblue tank and that had caused all this damage I contacted Renault customer services and am awaiting there response I am adamant that nothing was ever put in the adblue tank as I am the only person who had ever drove it  can anyone advise or has had similar issue thanks 

I wonder if anyone can help me

a couple of weeks ago my 2019 Renault traffic wouldn't start

I rang Renault assist and they sent the rac out who diagnosed that it was a sensor in the adblue tank and bypassed and told me drive it to the main dealer

I took it to where I bought it, a dealer in Preston, and was told they couldn’t look at it till early jan and they sent me back to Blackpool where they took it in a couple of days later

the service manager rang me and said the injectors were all caked up and it wasn’t covered by the warranty and quoted me over 4,000 pounds to repair, I said the rac said it was a sensor and if it had been serious he would have had my van towed to the garage not driven ( by the way it drove perfect ). the service manager said something had been put in the adblue tank and that had caused all this damage

I contacted Renault customer services and am awaiting their response, I am adamant that nothing was ever put in the adblue tank as I am the only person who had ever driven it  

can anyone advise or has had similar issue

thanks 

Edited by dx100uk
block of text spaced to paragraphs

I am sure we can help you but I'm afraid it's very unhelpful posting your story in a solid block of text with no spacing and no punctuation.

It's very difficult to read and even more inaccessible for people with small screens.

If you could repost this properly spaced and punctuated please then we can start to deal with it.

Thanks

post spaced and moved to the correct forum.

forget any warranty, that is not worth the paper it is written on and does not replace, null, overrule or compromise your consumer rights.

tell us about the car?

was this a new car you bought or 2nd hand

is it on finance or yours

when did you purchase it and from whom.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good so not your problem, not your car, clarks are equally responsible, get on to then today and start shaking some branches, tell em whats going on and you want it sorted pronto!!

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Renault from new 2019 Financed by Arnold Clark PCP - adblue sensor error - dealer dragging its feet - warranty issue

still not your problem 

its a lease car they are responsible even more then.

who's the lease with didnt thing AC did lease agreements?

and they

So the truth is this is a lease car from new in 2019 with Renault themselves, you should not be responsible for anything other thanthe very basic day to day maintenance.

Go eat theM for breakfast!!

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Renault from new 2019 on 4yrs lease from Renault Finance faulty- adblue sensor error - dealer dragging its feet - warranty issue

No you demand. Its not your car, its not your problem, i want it fixed now.

Dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

its not a warranty repair, it is nothing to do with any warranty, its not your problem. its a lease agreement. the car does not work, hand it back, cancel. or they repair it and quick,

you wouldn't go rent a car from say enterprise then if it broke down 5mins later be expected to pay for the repair, yourself to carry on, they'd give you another renter.... so why are you allowing renault to do it to you.??

and they

• 1 month later...

No such thing.

Please post up the letter of wherever that is coming from.

Dont paraphrase what you might not understand.

Read upload guide

Use pdf only

and they

Dear Mr Wilkinson
Complaint Ref No: Ref - xxxx Vehicle Registration: xxxxxxx Agreement Number: xxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting us regarding the above Lease Purchase Agreement.

Further to the receipt of your complaint on 1st December 2021, we were extremely concerned to learn a problem had arisen with your vehicle and we proceeded to raise a case for investigation.

You advised the vehicle broke down and was taken to Arnold Clark Renault Blackpool. They diagnosed the issue arising due to contamination in the AdBlue system. The system needs to be flushed but you are unhappy you are being held liable for the cost of repair and requested our assistance to have this carried out under your warranty cover.

As our field of expertise lies within finance, we rely on our dealership-network and manufacturer for their mechanical knowledge in respect of the operation of your vehicle. Having contacted Arnold Clark, they advised that the AdBlue system was found to be contaminated. They declined to assist with the cost of any repairs and advised this decision was down to Renault UK who provide the warranty cover.

We referred the case to RUK, but they have declined to provide support under warranty on the basis the issue is not due to a manufacturing defect. They confirmed you remain liable for the cost of repair. You have highlighted concern that the manufacturer has not been returning your telephone calls, therefore, we have contacted them and escalated a contact request as a priority.

You informed us an independent garage had topped up the AdBlue system some time around April 2021 but that this was done using a brand-new bottle of AdBlue. You also believe the issue would have arisen sooner, had this action caused the concern. You have declined to pay for the repairs on the basis you have not done anything to contaminate the vehicle and you are concerned the dealership has caused the issue. This concern would need to be taken up with the branch directly.

We as a finance house decline to assist with the repairs. We are unable to undermine the warranty decision, but you may wish to discuss this further with RUK. If you wish to proceed with the required repair you will need to provide your consent to the dealership, otherwise, arrangements should be made to collect the vehicle.

You have sought advice from independent mechanics and told us they informed you the dealership’s findings are incorrect. An accredited technical report would need to be provided, in order to consider any further technical findings.

If you dispute the current findings, you can arrange to have the vehicle independently assessed and a technical report should be submitted to RUK for review. You can provide this to us and we will pass it onto the manufacturer on your behalf. As discussed, you may wish to arrange a technical assessment at an alternative Renault dealership to obtain a second opinion.

We appreciate this outcome is disappointing, but we hope the above information is of benefit in clarifying our position and enables you to make an informed decision about you wish to proceed. 

The case file has now been closed and the details contained within this letter constitute our final response.

If we can be of any further assistance in the future, you may wish to contact us on 0333 200 2237.

Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. Alternatively, our e-mail address is [email protected]
Yours sincerely,

Tiffany Monk
Case Manager
Customer Relations Department RCI Financial Services Limited
  If you remain dissatisfied with the way this complaint has been handled, you have the right to refer

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

2 hours ago, Bobby 21 said:

Still no joy they are saying if I give the van back they will take me to court for default 

so whats the above all about?

where do they say that?

and they

ah crap on the phone they would never dare to put in writing to frighten you off

i see they mention its a lease purchase agreement, you said earlier its a 4yrs deal....so you have the option to buy the car at its end?, so its not straight fwd xxx to xxx period lease, have you still got a copy of it?

On 30/11/2021 at 21:24, Bobby 21 said:

the service manager rang me and said the injectors were all caked up and it wasn’t covered by the warranty and quoted me over 4,000 pounds to repair, I said the rac said it was a sensor and if it had been serious he would have had my van towed to the garage not driven ( by the way it drove perfect ). the service manager said something had been put in the adblue tank and that had caused all this damage

someone contaminated the adblue seems to be the outcome. prove that and then let renault finance deal with the culprit.

and they

Send them a cca request to get it.  They must legally comply.

was this adblue cock up poss caused during an annual service that you must do under the agreement? 

Dx

and they

No wasn’t due it service I have found out there is a good possibility that it was caused by condensation in the tank the rac said there was 4 litres in the tank when they emptied my tank some 4 days later  after it being in there workshop there was 9.5 litres in ???