Appealing to PPCs - Discussion Topic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right this is so simple to kill of as its NCP

First of all if the notice to keeper was issued more then 14 days after the event then you need do nothing else other then the below and NCP Will cancel on first appeal (you will get the cancelation email, normally with NCP its within 14 days for appeal replies)

Select the correct first two letters

Appeal as the keeper option, 

then simply use this text, add nothing else, and you will get confirmation of ticket cancelation

This is an appeal by the keeper. No driver details will be given.   

Notice to keeper is non POFA so no keeper liability due to be issued outside the required 14 days

This is an auto win at POPLA as liability can not be transferred from the driver to the keeper on this occasion

Please cancel or issue a POPLA code where you will auto withdraw on submission of an appeal about NKL (which would you reason code when you don't contest)

End. 

Edited by barrowboy

33 minutes ago, FruitSalad1010 said:

The quote highlighted in bold above is the entire premise upon which the parking industry issues speculative invoices. The business strategy is by and large, not founded on any lawful basis and should be considered an abuse of process, there are good reasons for not enabling such poor business practices or abuse. There is a principle here that goes beyond time and money and while I cannot speak for the founders of this site, that is generally the modus operandi of the people who give suggestion.

Your come across as if you may still actually work for the parking industry and if you do and haven't disclosed this then what you are suggesting is not entirely impartial.

I don't think this should devolve any further in order that this thread can remain focussed on helping the original poster so will not comment further except on that basis, clearly people will have questions given your extensive industry experience and it may benefit future readers to answer those queries as openly and fully as possible.

@FruitSalad1010  No i left the BPA two years ago

Unfortunately the County Courts (in general) would disagree and it is a shame that parking firms win such large numbers of cases

At the end of the day, time is precious to people and so is their hard earned money

If someone can get their ticket with minimum fuss, time and effort that is good, whilst anything that beats parking firms is good, people don't want to spend hours dealing with court claims when there are far quicker options, nor the cost risks involved

The effect of the likes of this forum has on the parking forum is unfortunately minimal so the strategy of waiting for a court claim is negligible  and has no overall negative effect to the PPCS

People just want their tickets cancelled and get on with their lives.  I think if you asked Joe blogs if they want a ticket cancelled or take it to the court, i am pretty sure i know what the majority would say 

And I think the original poster here wants their ticket cancelled without the risk of court and time that takes

Apologies for the format of this first post. Here's a discussion thread that will avoid the need to divert threads started by users who need our advice.

HB

Here is part of another post by BB.

A lot of parking  companies will just reject appeals, but the are some and when i say some 99.9% are BPA members who will cancel tickets if they don't comply with POFA, some will only concede at POPLA as that's how their business is set 

Where as it would never work with IPC companies.  Although there are certain cases that can be worn at the IAs (few and far between)

I would suggest that the number of cases seen here are far lower then the likes of MSE

Appeals on POFA issues have always worked against the likes of CP PLUS, and smart parking.

Smart Parking for example can be won at POPLA by appealing on landowner contract issues only as the Smart Parking don't use that name on their contracts with landowners 

BPA don't deal with appeals as such.

My role was dealing with issues around signs and paperwork compliance etc(although that's a very simplistic view of it)

Illegitimi non carborundum

As this has been split , i will say now that the parking companies you can beat easily on first appeal on POFA issues are:

Smart Parking

Group Nexus (highview/cp plus /group nexus) - This does not apply to cases where windscreen tickets are in play as Driver details for these tickets are made by ParkingCSL a part of Debt Recovery Plus (back office processor for a lot of parking firms) and their notices do comply with POFA.  These are mainly issued on hospital sites

Horizon Parking where the notices being HP (only) -not the ones beginning with numbers

NCP

Companies which always concede at POPLA on issues around POFA

APCOA 

In addition you can beat most companies on car hire/lease cases at POPLA

Finally the "left site cases" which mainly involve Care (ocean parking) Parking and UCKPS are both very winnable at POPLA/IAS when it is denied you have left site

If the above are not in play then as we all know a landowner complaint/retailer complaint is the best way forward :) 

Edited by barrowboy

Of course when the new appeals service comes in this is really going to be like going back to the drawing board to find out what will work and what wont, pretty much the same when POPLA used to be run by London Councils 

Edited by barrowboy

Very Simply because I know how to beat parking companies and what works and what doesnt and the most simple route to it. My advice is based on fact and experience with parking firms.

I find it surprising given your a MOD on this board you hadnt heard of norwich traiffic control for example, when if dealing with tickets you would know this company 

You do what you need to do beat a parking firm and in the cases of pofa for the above its the easiest way to kill of a ticket

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Its the likes of VCS that are likely to be more problematic then

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Vcs tend not to use POFA, they will use old cases to justify, they have cropped up AJH Films and Elliott v Loake a few times fairly recently  Simon is one of the most litigious of them all, barring Parking Eye.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• AndyOrch changed the title to Appealing to PPCs - Discussion Topic

This above advice is so poor as it puts someone at risk of a unneeded court claim. Rather then getting it cancelled you risk (by your advice) some one have to deal with the time consuming process of a defence, witness statement and attending a hearing

When in fact that person  can appeal and beat a ticket.

But then its not your money/time/effort that your potentially risking 

Edited by barrowboy

I am curious BB how you were able to access information about motorists appeals to both  approved operators and POPLA. I didn't think that appeals to the operator would have been passed to the BPA for approval and even if they did how would you be one of the "need to know" recipients.

Likewise with POPLA who are supposed to be impartial in their judgements. Are you saying that they would refer cases to BPA and that is how you gained information on what POFA and BPA found acceptable reasons to accept appeals?  If so that would appear to above your pay station as it were . In fact are you still working for BPA and passing back info to them or are you trying to disrupt relations between the site team and their members?

• Like 1

Hi . It's been a long time since I had any trouble with parking ones . But the last time I had a problem  I had a pnc from euro parks saying I had parked in a car park and not paid . So I sent them a letter telling them even tho it was my car I was not driving it  nor was i there  so they replied asking me to name the driver   I refused due to dater protection     that was it I never heard from them again.  That must be 3 or 4 years ago .    Has it changed  that you have to name.the driver .   

No it was just common knowledge how to win.

And now i live in cumbria now on the furness perninsula.

It is a shame that this forum doesnt have more people who fight parking tickets away from the forum  (like mse does and has some very successful campaigners) as it widens the knowledge used to find tickets and developments therein.

I must admit that any invoice I've been sent, which I can count on one hand....I have always appealed, if not directly to the clown outfit that sent the invoice, then to the LA to question PP and whether they have any or not.

But I always address myself as the 'registered keeper'.

The threat of court doesn't bother me, but dragging this out until you receive a summons is a waste of my time and benefits no-one, it is stress and worry I can do without.

If after informing them that I won't be paying and this is the reason why, if they still wish to pursue the matter then so be it, but I will certainly not be parting with any of my hard earned.

There has to be an easier and quicker solution than to just 'wait for a summons, and then embarrass them in court'.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

@honeybee13 yes i believe that happens occasionally  but dont know if if its a major thing or not

The idea of MSE should be to save money not charge people.

However one thing that they never do is to advise to ignore.

One thing that has been picked up now by judges is where people who dont appeal tickets to the likes of the IAS or even first stage and the issue of costs comes up. 

3 hours ago, IDR car said:

Hi . It's been a long time since I had any trouble with parking ones . But the last time I had a problem  I had a pnc from euro parks saying I had parked in a car park and not paid . So I sent them a letter telling them even tho it was my car I was not driving it  nor was i there  so they replied asking me to name the driver   I refused due to dater protection     that was it I never heard from them again.  That must be 3 or 4 years ago .    Has it changed  that you have to name. the driver .   

no!!

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...