Appealing to PPCs - Discussion Topic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here is part of another post by BB.

A lot of parking  companies will just reject appeals, but the are some and when i say some 99.9% are BPA members who will cancel tickets if they don't comply with POFA, some will only concede at POPLA as that's how their business is set 

Where as it would never work with IPC companies.  Although there are certain cases that can be worn at the IAs (few and far between)

I would suggest that the number of cases seen here are far lower then the likes of MSE

Appeals on POFA issues have always worked against the likes of CP PLUS, and smart parking.

Smart Parking for example can be won at POPLA by appealing on landowner contract issues only as the Smart Parking don't use that name on their contracts with landowners 

BPA don't deal with appeals as such.

My role was dealing with issues around signs and paperwork compliance etc(although that's a very simplistic view of it)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Its the likes of VCS that are likely to be more problematic then

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Vcs tend not to use POFA, they will use old cases to justify, they have cropped up AJH Films and Elliott v Loake a few times fairly recently  Simon is one of the most litigious of them all, barring Parking Eye.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Andyorch changed the title to Appealing to PPCs - Discussion Topic

I am curious BB how you were able to access information about motorists appeals to both  approved operators and POPLA. I didn't think that appeals to the operator would have been passed to the BPA for approval and even if they did how would you be one of the "need to know" recipients.

Likewise with POPLA who are supposed to be impartial in their judgements. Are you saying that they would refer cases to BPA and that is how you gained information on what POFA and BPA found acceptable reasons to accept appeals?  If so that would appear to above your pay station as it were . In fact are you still working for BPA and passing back info to them or are you trying to disrupt relations between the site team and their members?

• Like 1

Hi . It's been a long time since I had any trouble with parking ones . But the last time I had a problem  I had a pnc from euro parks saying I had parked in a car park and not paid . So I sent them a letter telling them even tho it was my car I was not driving it  nor was i there  so they replied asking me to name the driver   I refused due to dater protection     that was it I never heard from them again.  That must be 3 or 4 years ago .    Has it changed  that you have to name.the driver .   

I must admit that any invoice I've been sent, which I can count on one hand....I have always appealed, if not directly to the clown outfit that sent the invoice, then to the LA to question PP and whether they have any or not.

But I always address myself as the 'registered keeper'.

The threat of court doesn't bother me, but dragging this out until you receive a summons is a waste of my time and benefits no-one, it is stress and worry I can do without.

If after informing them that I won't be paying and this is the reason why, if they still wish to pursue the matter then so be it, but I will certainly not be parting with any of my hard earned.

There has to be an easier and quicker solution than to just 'wait for a summons, and then embarrass them in court'.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

3 hours ago, IDR car said:

Hi . It's been a long time since I had any trouble with parking ones . But the last time I had a problem  I had a pnc from euro parks saying I had parked in a car park and not paid . So I sent them a letter telling them even tho it was my car I was not driving it  nor was i there  so they replied asking me to name the driver   I refused due to dater protection     that was it I never heard from them again.  That must be 3 or 4 years ago .    Has it changed  that you have to name. the driver .   

no!!

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...