Hitachi unsecured loan - moving back to poland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, 

My name is Irmina and I found your website from a friend. 

I just wonder if someone could advise me with what to do. 

In 2017 I took an unsecured loan from Hitachi  finance for £16000. Total to repay was just over £19000.I am repaying this still without any interruption. 

In September 2021 I was forced by family circumstances to move back with family to my country which is Poland.

My husband found the job but I can't start any job at the moment as I'm going through spinal injury and rehabilitation might take over year before I can start any job. 

I still got £8000 to be repaid on this loan but we got to the point where we no longer can afford monthly repayments on that loan which is £330 a month.

My husband brings home equivalent of £1200 a month, which is enough to pay rent, food, and utilities. 

We are not thinking of coming back to Uk as our kids started school here. 

I would like to ask if someone could advise what would be the best way to approach Hitachi and telling them about our circumstances.

I must add this is causing a lot of stress and I never been in a situation like this before.

We have almost used up all our savings to keep the payments going but we no longer can afford paying this amount. 

I also can't see any change to our circumstances in the nearest future as wages in Poland are significantly lower and we don't know what to do. 

Any help or advise  would be much appreciated. 

I apologise for my english but this is not mine first language. 

Looking forward to hear from you and thank you. 

Irmina

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

Welcome to the forum Irmina.

Really you have answered your own concern by stating the following.

We are not thinking of coming back to Uk as our kids started school here. 

So its your choice to inform Hitachi and explain the above and your choice if you wish to to enter a repayment plan with them albeit at a much reduced monthly rate.They will default you and mark your UK credit file with the default irrespective whether you enter into a payment plan or not.

Your choice.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi. 

Thank you for your reply. 

To correctly understand your response, are you saying that when I'd inform them about the circumstances they might reduce my payment plan, but they will mark my credit file with it? 

What is the other choice? 

Not telling them entirely and just stop paying? Wouldn't that put me at risk to get court orders or something like that? 

Anyway in both scenarios my credit file would be affected in a same way? 

Sorry for silly questions but it's all new to me. 

I Appreciate your time and thank you again

Irmina

47 minutes ago, Irmina said:

Hi. 

Thank you for your reply. 

To correctly understand your response, are you saying that when If I'd inform them about the circumstances they might reduce my payment plan, but they will mark my credit file with it?  Correct

What is the other choice?  Not telling them entirely and just stop paying? Correct

Wouldn't that put me at risk to get court orders or something like that? Not really you now reside out of jurisdiction

Anyway in both scenarios my credit file would be affected in a same way? Correct

Sorry for silly questions but it's all new to me. 

I Appreciate your time and thank you again

Irmina

See above

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thank you again. 

It seems really risky not to inform the at all. 

How do we know they can't find me in another country.? I'm really scared to have problems with courts. I also no longer have a home address in Uk but I kept bank account. 

Would that be affected in any way? 

Irmina

why is it risky?

no they cant hurt your uk bank account unless its with halifax or one of the same banking group.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its very important that you inform them of your new location and that they stop using your UK address......at the very minimum you must inform of this even if you do not wish to enter into a repayment plan....you dont want them to issue court papers at a previous address....given that you still hold UK Bank accounts.

Should they manage to a get a CCJ without your knowledge ...they could possibly enforce the judgment by way of a Third Party Debt Order against your UK current accounts.

I'm holding the bank account but with zero funds on it. 

If I give them my new address then they will find me easily. 

I thought your first response was to stop paying them entirely without any notification. 

I think to be on the safe side I would need to call them and explain the situation. 

Personally I don't want them to know my Polish address. 

From what you're saying I gather that I can still be in trouble with the court. That is something I'm trying to avoid. 

I'm mega confused now. 

Thank you

Irmina

That is not what has been said

you must ensure in writing that all your debt owners know you are resident adroad and have been for xxx years and will remain so.

there is nothing they can then really do to you then.

you must read posts carefully.

debt is not a crime!!

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If there is nil funds then its not a problem.....but if they dont have your current address and they issue a court claim to your previous address you wont be aware of it and you will have a CCJ in the UK...not that that will be a problem to you as you are no longer a UK resident.

As for contacting them and agreeing a repayment as I said that your choice. No need to pass on your new address if your not intending to return to the UK

Read my post #2 again carefully.

Thank you. 

My mistake. 

Do you suggest to send them a letter with information that I've moved abroad? Or email or phone call would be enough? 

To me not being able to repay the debt feels like a crime. Never been in such situation but I've got to the point where I've simply ran out of any options. 

Can't thank you guys enough for all your advice. 

Irmina

You never use phone nor email for any debt/financial comms.

Always write only.then you have a papertrail

Dx

and they

As said earlier its your choice whether morally you wish to agree a repayment plan.....if you cant afford then so be it.

But notifying them of your new address as advantages :-

They know where you are...and cant state the opposite.

They cant issue a court claim to your previous address.

The new residents of your previous address will not be bombarded with paperwork or possibly bailiffs. You wouldn't want it at your new property for the previous residents.

And lets face it once they see  Poland its very unlikely they will issue a court claim.

I'll write the letter with explanation of why I'm stopping my repayments. 

I will only include the information that I've moved to Poland without providing my exact address. 

I'm pretty sure they will start sending me emails demanding repayments and providing exact address. 

I'm so afraid to start this whole process but I just cancelled my Direct debit so there's no way back. 

Hope this will end up without me getting into more troubles. 

Many thanks 

Irmina

Youll be in even more trouble if you dont do as advised.

simply write to hitachi and to hsbc stating only your correct address.

not why no pay etc. Do not hide. Nothing anyone can do debt is not a crime

Email/phone/texts can all be totally ignored.

and they

If you don't provide your full address..then its a pointless exercise as your previous address will be legally valid for service of court papers.....you wont be aware of it and you will most probably end up with A UK CCJ.

Do as I have advised and that shuts the door on any court claim.

Do you guys think when I provide my exact address they won't sent letters and maybe bailiffs to my new address. i know Uk is no longer in EU but thay might still cooperate with such cases? 

I

BAILIFFS???

no such thing outside uk. And they only come after you get a uk court ccj and dont pay it..so p'haps now you understand our advice about address telling = nevwr can have a ccj..out of uk jurisdiction.

and any stupid eu country dca are not bailiffs.

never seen an eu order enforced either. Costs too much money for such a small debt that theyll never get back

and they

You might get letters but so what...cant send bailiffs without a judgment ...cant get a judgment as your outside our jurisdiction now.

Its not impossible for Hitachi to try and use  European Debt Collectors/ Court but as the agreement resolves to the UK  I doubt it would contain a clause of none exclusive jurisdiction....but you would have to check your agreement terms and conditions re default.

To summarise. 

Letter with my new address to be sent. 

How about explaoning my reason of stopping repaiments? 

Is that crucial or you recommend to skip this step? 

I know I might be reapiting my questions but I really appreciate you patience and all your comments. 

I

No just address re ref number/agreement number thats all.

pers id do that with hsbc too and any other stuff showing on your uk credit file.

Dx

and they

Dont know but you dont want them putting on any charges wirhout you knowing and then them creating another uk debt to worry about.

if its not used and £0.. Why even keep it?

Dx

and they