Holiday Extras - Trying to issue unusable vouchers (and failing) ***RESOLVED FROM THE START***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So the pandemic is "over" - or more like, it's here to stay, and life resumes - and for the first time in close to 2 years I am getting ready to travel again.

Which means dealing with a number of airlines and companies I have had "vouchers" with for an eternity.

One of them was for airport parking from Holiday Extras. They tried to shove me a voucher that I can only use at a specific airport that I don't need to travel from, and that expires soon.

It was hilarious how easily they melted down after I gave them an idea of where I would stuff their voucher. I enclose here the conversation because 1) I think it's pretty funny and 2) it might help some of you in the same situation.

Holiday-CAG.png

have had a look at your voucher and it seems like the original booking was made on a 'saver' basis. We are unable to offer a cash refund for 'saver' bookings. However, you can use this voucher to re-book but please be aware that this voucher can only be used on specific products. The products you can use your voucher on are: Car parks 2, 3 and 4.When you get to payment stage, enter your email address you booked with initially and your card details. This will allow your voucher to link and appear for use on the same page. Ensure you select your voucher and then proceed with payment. 🙂

Your voucher is for £36.00 and is valid up until 31/03/2022.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

that's not helpful at all

I need to book a car park + hotel for my next trip

I can provide you a link to book that but you wont be able to use our voucher as your original booking was made on a 'saver' basis which means the voucher that was issued to you can only be used for specific products only.

A specific product that I don't need

I understand but we are unable to amend the voucher in any type of way. The voucher you hold expires 31/03/2022 so there is still plenty of time to use it 🙂

Please no smilies, that's passive aggressive

Please tell me what is this parking that I can use the voucher on

I just did a search for airport parking for [Dates] at BHX airport and I only see Airparks, no such thing as parking 2

3 and 4

Your voucher can only be used for the same products you originally booked with: Car parks 2, 3 and 4 at Humberside Airport.

I'm not using humberside airport any longer

The pandemic changed a number of things

I understand and do apologise but we cannot adapt the voucher you gold as the original booking you made was on a 'saver' basis, you can book airport parking and hotel but you wont be able to use your voucher at this moment in time unless it is for the same product you originally booked with i'm afraid Kyosanto.

Right I am going to make a request to you. I would like you to listen carefully as I will expose my position clearly and leave you with a choice at the end.

I purchased an aiport parking with you to fly from Humberside airrport in April 2020.

As you know very well, a pandemic occured which meant all travel was barred by government back then.

As you know this nullifies the contract made between me and you, and I am owed a full refund for the occasion. Now I appreciate that times are difficult for holiday bussinesses so as a gesture of goodwill from me to you I fully accepted to be paid in a voucher to be used in a future time.

The future time has now come but due to circumstances I am no longer using the Humberside airport for my travels.

Now the choice I leave with you is very simple and is as follows

I will purchase airport parking hotels which will cost me close to £200 and you will let me redeem the measly £36 voucher

That option 1)

Option 2) Is I will chargeback the original transaction from American Express and get my £36 back, on the grounds of breach of contract. I will then go on to purchae my hotel and parking somewhere else

You will be very welcome to sue me in small claims court for the £36 - where you will lose

I think I have made myself quite clear, please give me your answer, feel free to escalate to your supervisor if you need it

Thank you for listening

One moment please 🙂

I've put that refund through for you. This will take 7-10 days to reach your account. The refund is for £36.00 You may receive 2 emails, one confirming the voucher has been created, then a 2nd confirming the refund. You can ignore the voucher created email.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? 🙂

Well that was easy! Thank you for listening