Abbey defence being filed ???

zigvsam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Abbey lodged an acknowledgement that they are preparing a defence and the deadline for that is the 14th of this month.

My claim was for just over £1600 of which i have already recieved a GOGW for £710 and the outstanding amount is now what i am persuing. As i have never done this before im not too sure as to what happens after the 14th?:|

The last letter i had stated they were not going to give me any more money but that was before they recieved my N1.

Can someone please reply if this has been the same for you. Are they likely to go to court? How long before a date set for that?

Many thanks

Hi and welcome, firstly you need to write to the court to let them know that you have received this money from Abbey.

Secondly, when they file their defence they will send you a copy, and with it they might or might not send another offer - if they send you what seems to be an offer of 50% you need to clarify with the legal team that this is in addition to the monies already received as a GOGW. If not, politely decline, and wait for the AQ from the court. perhaps I might suggest reading some of the threads on here and on the successes board to help familiarise yourself with how it goes with Abbey

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

thanks Lula,

I wrote to the court last week and followed up with a phone call all is recieved.

Ive also read what Bookworm has put up which is MEGA info i really do hope it doesnt get to that but if it does i will go well prepared! I guess doing it on your own is a bit daunting and Abbey are counting on the fact that you may buckle under the pressure...its tempting but ...nah.. not this time.

cheers again

another thing, when they offer you 50% they dont seem to be including the court fees in that, be careful of what they are saying, they are trying to be a bit cocky IMHO

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Hi and welcome, firstly you need to write to the court to let them know that you have received this money from Abbey.

Secondly, when they file their defence they will send you a copy, and with it they might or might not send another offer - if they send you what seems to be an offer of 50% you need to clarify with the legal team that this is in addition to the monies already received as a GOGW. If not, politely decline, and wait for the AQ from the court. perhaps I might suggest reading some of the threads on here and on the successes board to help familiarise yourself with how it goes with Abbey

Have just got their defence through in todays post and your quite right they have offered a final settle ment of 50%. if you dont mind can you help me out responding to this. this is how its gone...

initial claim £1545 that total was sent when i first started all this with my LBA.

Abbey then paid me £710 GOGW

I incurred more charges filed N1 for £1075 this amount in my schedule reflected the GOGW and the additional charges leaving my claim at £1075

Abbey have offered me £535.00 . 50% of £1075.00.

I spoke to them and they have said that this amount is aside from the £710.

I need help in writing a letter to confirm that if i settle with this figure that i will actually recieve that amount.

I have not had to pay legal fees due to my circumstances, and although if i sat this out i would probably recieve all monies, timing is bad at the moment... xmas...baby due 2 weeks.....3 children already... to have got back over 75% is a good result for me.

Donation will be sent as would of had zilch without this site.....:)

Amend to suit:

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement for this claim of bank charges

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of cleared funds and at that time will inform the court that the case has been settled

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

and to you too Ziggy, sorry I couldnt get back earlier, I have been putting up the christmas tree with a 3 year old, so it takes twice as long :-) Good luck with the new baby

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled