Lowell/Overdales Letter Of Claim - old Three mobile debt

Hi,

So last month I received a 'notice of acting' from Overdales for a Three debt Lowells had been trying to chase. That loletter was ignored and a couple of days ago I received a 'Letter of Claim'. 

The debt itself is for £476.10. The contract was taken out for my partner in April 2018, but we separated shortly after. She promised to continue paying the bill and had the logins to do so. When the letters came through from Three to say she had missed payments, she then promised to cover the bill. In the time since, we now have no contact. It may also be worth mentioning that I currently have a long standing Three mobile account fully paid and up to date.

I know that I am on the hook for the bill, however I am a single parent supporting my full time wage with Universal Credit and I genuinely can't afford to pay it. I also can't afford to have a CCJ on my account as I will need to move home in the next 12 months.

I don't want to deal with these people over the phone. They also sent an information sheet, and a reply form. The reply covers various tick-box sections, asking me to confirm if I own the debt, how I intend to pay, if I'm getting debt advice and finally for documentation. They have also sent an income and expenditure form.

My question is; should I just enter into an arrangement with these people, or is there a way around this? I have uploaded a PDF of the actual LOC. 

Thank you for any and all help.

Letter of Claim15-11-21.pdf

I expect that my site team colleague @dx100uk will be along to give you some advice – but in terms of the CC J against you, you probably need to check your credit file because you may well find that it has already been marked in respect of the alleged debt.

You say that the bill was in your name but it was taken out for your partner. Who is actually using the energy? Is your ex-partner the person who is actually benefiting from it?

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell/Overdales Letter Of Claim - old Three mobile debt

CCJ , there isn't one just a threat.

there are 100's of lowell mobile

or 

lowell telecom 

threads here

use our enhanced google search box.

as for the letter of claim.

simple click those words and follow post 4 in that thread

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And just to put your mind at ease. I have 3 ''letters of claim'' that oversnails have sent me all with their arbitrary '30 day' time limit before court action, the first one they sent was in June, still no court..... 

• Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Managed to get the account number from 3s Live Chat today, but they refused to tell me a breakdown of the total figure. So I've dropped them a SAR this afternoon.

Reply forms filled out to be posted in the morning to Overdales. And on to the waiting game now...

9 hours ago, Bazooka Boo said:

And just to put your mind at ease. I have 3 ''letters of claim'' that oversnails have sent me all with their arbitrary '30 day' time limit before court action, the first one they sent was in June, still no court..... 

Thank you for this. I'm not worried at all. At the end of the day if the worst happens, they can't take what I don't have! 😅. Having read other threads extensively, I'm pretty confident that it'll turn out okay! 

forms?

you mean the PDF in post 4 of the letter of claim thread?

you do NOT use their forms they sent!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:cheer2:

and they