I claim pip+esa, OH UC/CA - it is a joint claim, 1yrs daughter needs nursery but unsure if we'd get Childcare too?

karl98

Hi all,

I honestly wasn’t sure where to post this, I claim pip and esa and my partner gets uc and ca it is a joint claim, our daughter is 1 years old and we hoping to find her a place in nursery but we was unsure if we could get any help with this? If we could find any advice that would be very appreciated 

thanks

Based on the information, it appears to be Childcare under UC, but this would be to enable the main carer ( partner or yourself) of children to work.  When you claimed UC, you would have stated who the main carer of the children was and this was verified possibly looking at who receives Child Benefit.

WWW.UNDERSTANDINGUNIVERSALCREDIT.GOV.UK

Find out how Universal Credit can help towards the cost of looking after children, and how it pays back up to 85% of childcare costs

If the Childcare is not enabling paid employment to be undertaken, then contact your local Council Authority to see what help may be available through them.

WWW.CHILDCARECHOICES.GOV.UK

All about Government help with childcare costs, including 15 to 30 hours free childcare, Tax-Free Childcare, tax credits, Universal Credit, vouchers and...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to I claim pip+esa, OH UC/CA - it is a joint claim, 1yrs daughter needs nursery but unsure if we'd get Childcare too?