Apple Cave-in to Right to repair Lobbyists - Apple to sell parts and tools for DIY iPhone repairs

dx100uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From next year phone owners can fix their handset at home after the tech company said it would make repair kits available to the public.

Starting in the US in early 2022 and then the UK and other countries, a new online repair store will offer more than 200 individual parts and tools for repairing the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 handsets.

The service will start by offering parts for the screen, battery and camera, the bits of an iPhone most commonly brought in for fixes.

“Creating greater access to Apple genuine parts gives our customers even more choice if a repair is needed,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer.

UK.YAHOO.COM

Apple to sell parts and tools for DIY iPhone repairs. Online order service to launch with sales of screen, battery and camera parts for iPhones 12 and 13

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This sounds like very good news – the Right to Repair.

However, I wonder whether part of this is a sneaky attempt to erode people statutory rights.

What happens if you have a telephone which stops working after a year or so and instead of returning it to the dealer – maybe because the dealer has said that the warranty has expired – you then set out to try and repair yourself.

You then come to the Consumer Action Group and you learn all about your statutory rights. You go to the dealer and say that your telephone has broken and you want it repaired. They then say that because you have attempted your own repair, you have invalidated a warranty or you have lost your statutory rights.
Even if your statutory rights still exist in respect of the original fault, the dealer may say then respect of some subsequent fault which has occurred, this would not have happened if you hadn't opened up the phone in the first place.

I'm quite worried about this impact on people who decide that they are going to do it on their own. I can imagine that lots of dealers are going to start seeing that this is a way that they can distance themselves from their statutory obligations by selling parts to people and then sitting back realising that if the repair fails, their customer may not be able to insist on a free repair.

This right to repair is all the more reason why it is important that people are aware of their statutory rights and how to enforce them.

A huge number of people think that it is great that they are having a "Right to Repair" – and in fact they never realised that they already had a "Right to Have It Repaired"

@BankFodder

I take it your not aware of how Apple operates with repairs to the products they sell.

This is not just for Phones but i pads as well. 

What happens is you take your item back to the person you brought it off, eg o2, o2 puts it threw the system.

They then get told to send it back to Apple.

Apple then looks at it and says it cant be repaired but you can have this item for xx. Apple customers then say yes and they end up having to pay off 2 contracts. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

No I didn't know that and it sounds very scandalous.

Even more reason why people ought to be aware of their "Right to Have It Repaired".

I hope that people go around the various forums – the Apple forums et cetera where people are talking about this and tell them about this Right and also tell them to come here and we will help them

That is the thing with Apple the right to repair did not exist. They always claimed it was not able to be repaired and if you went to 3rd party people, In America Louis and Tessa or people like my partner and l,  then you warranty would be void. 

Tho even the FBI and police forces in America Dont use Apple. 

If you look on Youtube for iphone repairs then you can find some of the people we have been speaking with and supporting campaign wise. Ipad repair is Tessa. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.