Wellington court financial services ltd not paying out on FOS final decision RE: +£58k Pension- help enforcing & using form N322A - court claim issued

Simmonds7

My understanding is that companies will have insurance to meet some claims but there will be a limit. I wonder if it is worth going back to the FOS and update them with what is going on? WCFS are still regulated. What's the point of FOS making these decisions if it is a torturous root to enforce them . You are not the only one who had FOS decisions against WCFS, I wonder if anyone else on the Facebook knows where they got to. 

All I get from my FOS (when they can actually be bothered to answer) is once claim decision is accepted that's FOS done and the rest (including enforcement) is upto me.  I also get seek your own legal advice.  As if I can afford it.

They are 100% useless.

I believe that WCFS have NO insurance and that as they are claiming fraud their insurance company would not cover them anyway.

It is mega frustrating 

How do I withdraw?  What do I put to make sure all is OK.

Simply ignore the court order and don't respond to point 3.1 (12/6/22) but comply with 3.2 and inform you do not wish to pursue.

End of claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED

1. The Application is allowed.

2. The Judgment is hereby set aside.

3. By or before 4pm on 9 June 2022, the applicant shall either:

3.1. file with the Court and serve on the respondent a Statement of Case setting out the basis of the Claim; or,

3.2. give written notice to the court and to the respondent that the Claim will not be pursued.

4. There be no order as to costs in respect of the Application.

It means you write to the court and respondent and inform them you will not be continuing with the claim...I really cant explain it any simpler.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes I get that.  I mean.  How do I stand afterwards.

Have you read their Skelton argument?  The solicitor I saw today said I can't argue that they would have to do a judicial review as it should of been done at set aside hearing.  I did not know this. 

I was happy to proceed on the basis that FOS stands and need JR to object but not where I have to prove it all again.  

You didn't ask me that you asked....:-

How do I withdraw?  What do I put to make sure all is OK.

You PMed me the skeleton argument so you know I have read it.

Yes I know.

I said "but I just need to know what doing 3.2 means in a whole."   What I meant was where do I stand after I withdraw.

I forgot you read the skelton argument.  

Once you inform the court you do not wish to proceed...that is the end of the claim with regards to court procedure.....you are back as you where you started with your FOS award....unable to enforce it.

If you comply with 3.1 and file and serve particulars of claim...the claim proceeds and you get your chance at a hearing to argue your claim...backed by the FOS award...if you get judgment then you can enforce it by way of the bailiffs.

They cant set a side a second time.

@AndyorchIf I did 3.1

In the whole picture of things as in eventually...

It means I have to go through everything with the evidence I have from day dot through the courts? If so what is the FOS decision for, I might of well done the courts in the first place?

I need to have all the details of what will happen and the full process etc as I still don't understand.

Their skeleton argument is what they will use for evidence etc and that WCFS are being framed as their defence and that they can challenge the Fos decision through th courts.  Mine is FOS decision.  

Also I thought FOS could only be challenged via JR.  Is that not correct? As far as I know it is correct.

6 hours ago, Simmonds7 said:

Thank you.  I think understand now.

So 3.1 is disagreeing  that the CCJ should not be set aside and why I believe that. No...the set a side is done completed, they got it you cant object....3.1 will allow the claim to proceed if you submit particulars of claim by said date...and you wont pay a further issuance fee.

If I do 3.2 then that is end of it and im back to FOS decision again.  Can I do another CCJ at a later date? Correct and yes you can issue a further claim with the courts permission but you will have to pay the full issuance fee on a Fast track/ multitrack claim  which would equate to 5% of the value of the total claim ...ouch!

If I did 3.1

In the whole picture of things as in eventually...

It means I have to go through everything with the evidence I have from day dot through the courts? If so what is the FOS decision for, I might of well done the courts in the first place? True but it adds weight to your claim and you are simply presenting the FOS award in detail from yourself rather than trying to enforce the FOS award without your input.

I need to have all the details of what will happen and the full process etc as I still don't understand.

Their skeleton argument is what they will use for evidence etc and that WCFS are being framed as their defence and that they can challenge the FOS decision through the courts.  Mine is FOS decision.  

Also I thought FOS could only be challenged via JR.  Is that not correct? As far as I know it is correct. Im really not sure you would have to check that out but Im sure a District Judge would know if you presented that in your particulars of claim

Regards.

You could but it would be pointless because they would either just ignore it again and set a side or they could defend it and you would be back to where you are now having to submit a particularised claim.

• 4 weeks later...

Should anyone find themselves in this very unique position in the future I think it is worth noting one aspect of Wellingtons submission.

The main thrust of Wellington's argument to be able to challenge a decision made by the FOS is detailed at paragraphs 9 & 10.

To summarise they refer to case law, namely Bunney v Burns Anderson Plc [2007] EWHC 1240 (Ch) in which a challenge was brought to a FOS decision.

Having read through the case above the main premise was that the FOS had made an award outside of its remit which was an award in excess of £100,000. This was the basis upon which the FOS decision was challenged.

Wellington have construed this to mean that a FOS ruling can always be challenged.

Should anyone face this situation again I think it would certainly be worth raising the point that the mechanism for challenge referred to in the case law above was made in response to the FOS making a decision outside of its remit. In the case of Simmonds7 the FOS appears to have made a decision which was within its remit and I don't think it would be difficult to construct an argument that this should limit the scope for challenge.

If anyone has the time or inclination to verify my summary feel free to correct me on any of the points above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I would also add that courts should not really be adjudging claims that are based  on a N322A. FOS determination ..its purely a mechanism to get judgment/enforce although in this claim I think a Part 8 rather than a Part 7 claim may have had a different outcome.

You could issue a claim out of jurisdiction but the above claim may have to be discontinued or withdrawn...and you could face a risk if discontinued of costs as per CPR 38.6.As it is you have missed the deadline of 9th June and therefore this claim will not proceed.

• 3 weeks later...

I have it on good authority, to resubmit a fresh claim with FSCS against Wellington Court, reference your previous FSCS \ FOS claims and attach the FSCS\FOS decision letters.

The FSCS are accepting claims against WCFS but not paying any out claims until they resolve the discussion with the Irish Regulatory board and FCA about WCFS conduct.

Earlier this year I did complain to the Irish Regulator about WCFS.

Every little push helps and some light at the end of the tunnel to a successful resolution to this mess.

My new claim is in.

• Like 1

Thank you.  I have put in a claim with fSCS against Wellington court and I also complained to the Irish regulator last year.  Fingers crossed we will finally have an end to this nightmare 

I'm sure you will, Simmonds. Right is on your side but I understand that it's frustrating to wait this long for justice.

It's just a shame that Ireland has made it more complicated. I hope they take action against Wellington as well.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum