New Hyundai, Faulty.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hoping someone can advise the best way to deal with a problem i'm having regarding our Hyundai.

4 months after getting a new hyundai tucson on finance from a hyundai dealership there was a strange noise coming from the engine.

The aa recovered the tucson and took it to a hyundai dealership for repair under the warranty ( not the dealership we bought it from as it is too far from where we now live ). We got a courtesy car from Thrifty, arranged by Hyundai. 

For 10 weeks we couldnt get any one from the dealership to speak to us, they were always busy with customers or would promise to call us back which never happened.

After 12 weeks i drove to the garage, 2 hour round trip, and was told that they thought the fault was with the tensioner but would let me know for sure by the end of the week. 

As i expected i didn't hear anything so emailed hyundai customer services with the complaint regarding time it was taking, the lack of contact or information and that whilst they were repairing the Tucson we only had a little Fiesta as a courtesy car - in no way a comparable vehicle for our needs.

Contacted Hyundai after a week or so and they got in contact with the dealership and told me that the vehicle needed a new engine and that the parts were on order.

Its now approaching 16 weeks that the dealership has had the car for repair,

for the past 3 weeks when i call hyundai i'm being told that the parts are on order and that the complaint case person will get in contact with me. i still havent heard from the caseperson. 

We have spent nearly £1500 in the past 4 months on finance payments and insurance for a car we haven't got. In addition to that i am being charged £140 per month to be a named driver on the courtesy car as both my wife and i need to drive it.

I'm hoping that someone can advise me on the best way to tackle this as i think being patient and polite isn't working and this has gone on long enough.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

You say you purchased it on finance. Hire purchase? Or a loan?

In that case the car is owned by the finance company and sold to you by them. They are the dealer. They are completely responsible.

Who is the finance company? Also you should identify the dealership that you bought it from.

Write to the finance company immediately. Explain to them that the car has broken down and apparently needs a new engine. Explain to them that the car has been out of your hands for a considerable period of time and that you are now making time of the essence.

Tell them that they have a single opportunity to carry out the repair and that in view of the time spent so far this must happen within 14 days or else they must make their own arrangements to deal with the vehicle and also to unwind the finance agreement.

Tell them you have also incurred substantial expenses caused by the dealership delays and that you will be claiming this back in any event.

Have you not contacted the finance company at all so far?

Hi, sorry just double checked and my wife says it is a personal contract purchase through hyundai finance.

I havent contacted them as i thought that the dealership, Hyundai and Hyundai finance were all part of one company.

The dealership we got it from hasn't been a problem.

Minstergate Hyundai in Hull is the dealership that has had the tucson for nearly 16 weeks now and still hasnt repaired it.

I had thought that contacting Hyundai customer services might help but it doesnt seem to be getting me very far.

So it's not hire purchase.

You bought it one dealership and you took it back to a different one. Does the retailer dealership know anything about this? Did they authorise it being taken to a different dealership?

is the car mentioned on the credit agreement?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...