Faulty Monitor - Amazon Third Party **REFUNDED BY AMAZON**

Free Spiriting
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I ordered a new monitor from Amazon, this order was fulfilled by third party seller called Ikonic Technology Ltd.

The monitor was delivered today.  As soon as I power on this monitor, the household RCD trips.  I have tried the monitor in different power outlets which I know to work, and the same RCD tripping issue occurs.

I have initiated a return through the Amazon website.  This has generated an automatic response from the seller stating the address that I am to return the item to; and that the most they will refund for postage is £3.75.

Clearly posting back a monitor that weighs nearly 10KG in it's box, is not going to happen for £3.75  - let alone a courier that doesn't have computer monitors on their 'excluded items' list.

Am I within my rights to write to the LTD Companies own registered address, rejecting the item and requiring they pick it up themselves ?  Effectively bypassing the entire Amazon return process ?

I wasn't sure whether my contract as with Amazon directly, or the third party ?  So, I carried out a little research myself.   The answer seems clear to me:-

( accessed on 12th Nov 2021,

6. Amazon's Role

Amazon allows third party sellers to list and sell their products at Amazon. In each such case this is indicated on the respective product detail page. While Amazon as platform provider helps facilitate transactions that are carried out on the Amazon platform, Amazon is neither the buyer nor the seller of the seller's items. Amazon provides a venue for sellers and buyers to negotiate and complete transactions. Accordingly, the contract formed at the completion of a sale for these third party products is solely between buyer and seller. Amazon is not a party to this contract nor assumes any responsibility arising out of or in connection with it nor is it the seller's agent. The seller is responsible for the sale of the products and for dealing with any buyer claims or any other issue arising out of or in connection with the contract between the buyer and seller. Because Amazon wants the buyer to have a safer buying experience, Amazon provides the Amazon a-to-z guarantee in addition to any contractual and statutory rights.

Thanks

contact them and advise you cant find somebody for £3.75and that as the item is faulty they are fully responsible for return postage. 

You did make the items as faulty not fit for purpose so that they have to refund the postage. 

• Like 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

go amazon directly , you should not have to pay return postage either, its faulty.

dx

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks.

Part of my concern is the fact that I can't find a courier service that doesn't have computer monitors or glass on their list of excluded items.

I have read a few of the posts relating to claims against these courier firms and I suspect these 'blanket' exclusions probably aren't enforceable anyway.

I probably am over worrying - so I should just return it via someone like DPD through Parcel 2 Go and let the Amazon process take its cause.

To Amazon's credit, they have just told me if I book a courier myself today - they (Amazon) will refund me the postage charge themselves.  

unusual they are not issuing a free label, they usually do that via email pdf.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dont just return it. You need to contact amazon re this 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I did.

Amazon said arrange the courier myself and they will refund me the courier fee if I send them a scan of the Invoice.

I think the future lesson here for me is to try to only pick goods that are fulfilled by Amazon themselves.  In my experience Amazon fulfilled orders where a return is needed are handled with utmost efficiency including a pre-paid courier label.

Sometimes you have to look quite closely to see whether a given item, is fulfilled by Amazon themselves or a third party.  

use parcel force

and they

Actually, it turns out that Monitors are on Parcel Force's exclusion list.

The only courier that I can find that will deliver a monitor is on DHL's own website.

The total cost to send my monitor  (12 KG) with a signature  is £36 !!  Because I have declared the monitor's value truthfully at £267.99; the DHL website forces me to pay an extra £13.40 for combined signature and protection.

If I don't select this option, the site says they won't collect a signature and may just leave the parcel with a neighbour.

This whole courier business seems massively stacked against the consumer!

I will phone Amazon again and see what they say.

If possible you should try to do this using a chat facility so that you have a clear written instruction as to how to send them the monitor.

Even if Hermes or somebody else doesn't accept monitors, if Amazon direct you to do this and if they give you the prepaid label – then it is entirely their responsibility whatever happens

• I agree 1

Agree with Bankfodder. Further to this if they try anything on with we never said that then you have proof. 

Yes Amazon do try it on. I have something that has moved date of delivery 3 times and they always say it due this day and its the original date. 

Amazon are keeping a firm step away from this because they say its a third part seller.    They have emailed the third party seller asking them to contact me with regards to getting this item returned to the third party.

I received an email from the third party stating they would collect the monitor from me if I wished.  Naturally, I have replied that I do want the monitor to be collected and a full refund issued.

The third party emailed asking me to clarify whether I wanted them to collect the monitor or if they could send me a new power supply to try!     I'm not sure I could have made myself any clearer in my previous reply to them as to the resolution I require.

I've replied yet again asking the third party seller to collect the monitor from me and to issue a full refund.

This is starting to feel like pulling teeth.

This correspondence is all on the Amazon messaging system.

If I don't have some news in a couple of days, I may just write recorded to the third part Ltd Company's registered address.  Perhaps that will focus their minds a little  more.

Ikonic Technology Ltd don't appear to be a small company.  Am I just an annoying mosquito to them?

Well you can escalate it with Amazon if they start not being cooperative. I had to earlier this year as 4 times the seller ignored me  l asked how many more chances amazon are going to give the company and pointed out they had been contacted 4 times on my 5th contact to Amazon then they said well we will forward this to there managing agent within 10 minutes l had a call back saying getting a refund. 

Was there next day

I've received another reply from them this morning, 

Good morning We are able to collect this item Monday - Friday for testing. Please could you advise a date that would be suitable for this for yourself? Kind Regards

Its lovely that they wish to carry out testing to satisfy themselves there is an issue!  My response to this message was

Hi Today, Thursday or Friday would be fine for collection. Please be aware that this is a return under the 2015 Consumer Rights Act as I have rejected the item and require a full refund. Kind Regards

• 2 weeks later...

The supplier finally sent a courier to collect the monitor.  

The monitor was delivered to the seller on Monday.  I asked the seller when I was going to get my refund - I was advised once they got a chance to test it.

I've just spoken to Amazon directly today (Saturday), explaining the seller has had the monitor since Monday.  I asked Amazon how long I was expected to wait for their seller.  

Good news.  Amazon instantly refunded me on behalf of the seller.  I'm not sure how the seller will feel about that but I'm pleased Amazon stepped in. :)

Thanks for your replies.

Tough

they shouldn't mess people around.

well done

Dx

and they

Did you get postage too?

and they

The first line states. The supplier finally sent a courier to collect the Monitor 

good as long as the OP is not out pocket

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Faulty Monitor - Amazon Third Party **REFUNDED BY AMAZON**