• Tweets

• Homer did say not to contact DR+.   If that's all the paperwork you have, sit tight and see if a letter before claim/action turns up. If you get one - and you may not, come back here and we'll help you to write back.    Or if you get more threatograms, let us know and we'll let you know if you need to take any action. In the meantime don't write to anyone and keep any correspondence for now.    HB
    • Hi DX   That is the only info letter I have we can't locate the first letter or original parking fine notification My wife said there wasn't  anything on the car windscreen. Do I ask the DC for the original notification ?   what shall I do just wait until they pursue through court ?   apologies for lack of info  Cancookwill
    • Hello, I've been following this thread and have some experience to share... Stand by for lots of words.   About 6 weeks ago, the engine seized on my car - 10 days before planning to use it for our 2 week trip around the UK!  I searched the internet for companies who could replace/rebuild the engine and get it back to me in time... One company that came up was 169 UK. I called the number and explained my predicament and the chap on the phone (who called himself Lee - I'm not convinced this was his real name) promised that if the vehicle got to him the next day or so, he'd have it done in time for our holiday!. He gave all kinds of reassurances about the types of vehicles they work on, from Porsches etc, even people from Spain taking their cars to him.. All work came through 3rd party websites (how i'd found them too) so you generally wont find reviews.    I was weary going into this, but you got to put your faith somewhere, right? so off it went on a trailer to Essex. NOW... I'd already asked where it would be going and I also tracked it by leaving a mobile phone hidden in the car. Interestingly, the place i was told i'd be collecting it from was not the same place the recovery guy (called Patrick?) told me he was delivering it to..    Anyway, they get the car and straight away tell me that the sump is full of diesel and that my ECU is faulty and its locked open one bank of injectors - causing the failure. All of this is feasible, but it meant that the car would not be ready in time for my holiday  He also tells me the DPF's (i'm sure it only has one, but he referred to there being more) were also completely blocked solid and needed to be dealt with (in this case, drilled and mapped out - which is also illegal) All of these little extras have now taken the cost from £3500 to nearly £5000  - as he was " putting together a special package for me" I tell him ok, i'm now away for 2 weeks so you have a little more time, i'll collect it when i get back.  I call him on the Friday before we travel home, asking how its going... he says "well, we aven't done it.. you said you were gonna be away for 2 weeks" apparently he marked to dairy wrong. So i call him again on the Monday following, I say I want to collect it that Thursday... not unreasonable. He then starts with the excuses that he has loads of guys off sick at the moment etc.. BUT, The car IS in the workshop and the boys ARE getting on with it. I say, OK.. but keep me updated daily as i need to make arrangements to come and get it. Tuesday passes without a word, so Wednesday morning i txt him asking for an update. He called me back around and hour later to tell me that the ECU they sourced for me is also faulty (they tested it before fitting it as they're nice like that) and it has water damage so he has to get another one, but that isn't going to get to him until the following Tuesday - which brings us up to this week.   Everything up until this point has been feasible if not a little annoying, BUT here is where is gets good...  On Sunday i happened to be in Essex on other business so decided to swing by Basildon and see if i could find my car. Knowing where it had been dropped off before the tracking phone died, i had a good idea where to look. And i also had the address of the garage where i'd be picking it up from. Hoping to not find it too easily - after all, it was being worked on on the Monday; Imagine my surprise to find it in the exact location it had been dropped off 4 weeks previously!  I lifted the bonnet - nothing had been touched.  The amount of dust on the bodywork and distinct lack of any hand prints etc strongly indicated that nothing had been touched and it certainly hadn't been moved in all that time. He may well have taken the ECU out to test but put it back, that's easy to do - but there is now way to tell from there that the DPF is blocked without removing it, or having full access to the ECU - which is faulty, remember?  It had all been LIES.  Now i am annoyed, but informed and he doesn't know that i know he's been lying to me.  I spent the next couple of days talking to various people i know and arranged my own recovery to get the car back - even if that meant effectively stealing it back. Long story short, i had it collected and got it back to me last night.  The guy who collected it went to the garage i'd been told i'd be collecting it from - Unit 28 Noble Square( Essex car and Commercial) and asked for Lee... Low and behold no-one by that name works there and the car (and others parked in the same place) were nothing to do with them! but then one guy did say "oh hang on, i think i know who you mean, let me give him a call"... 10 minutes later, 'Lee' showed up.  My man then had to endure conversation with this charlatan, but did glean some information that might be of interest.  "LEE" doesn't directly do any of this work... he takes on jobs, maybe up to 30 at a time and then farms them out to local garages. This explains why nothing had been done and why so many others get stuck in this net.   I was surprised that he was calm and didn't get the hump about me taking the car back, i still don't really understand what the scam is, but there definitely is one.  I think i've been very lucky that no money has been paid, i owe him nothing and i got out of there.  The amount of mental anguish and anxiety this has caused me has been extreme.  Now i'm back to square one, still with a broken car. But i'm only £500 out of pocket (for the recovery each way) and not £5k that it was supposedly going to cost... at some point, who knows when!     
    • Good luck from me as well Dixon, fingers crossed.    HB
    • Last time, the Judge provided me with, I would say, the most amount of time to speak. She started with HMRC, and they moved on to me. Essentially, since HMRC last responded to me (the original document I scribbled notes on), I feel it's right I should go first and just comment on each of their responses.   I'll leave sending that link to them, just in case HMRC then find something against it. I'll just bring it up, and mention the above quotes.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Merligen/Moriarty Claimform - 4xSunny PDL's

Gracelands

Ok thanks for that jotty.

I will email a reply to court referrals stating not enough information for mediation and wait for local court date confirmation? 

I will upload the redacted docs sent with the settlement letter see if there are some bones to be picked out of them!!

thanks G

I'd not bother emailing the court, just wait until the mediator rings you, its all about playing the long game as I have said.

Hi

I have attached the latest letter and documents sent to me. Not sure what im looking for as iv been sent them many letters in response to the claim?

I have notice that within the documents is something that is supposed to be from Sunny Loans but is not on letterheaded paper ( looks like something that has been made up?

Any advise would be welcomed

Thank G

Settlement letter and documents for defence reply.pdf

None of the documents look like originals or even copies of originals to me.

Like I say wait until you get a court date.

might be an idea to follow upload

there it only asks you to remove ref' no's and your details. so they cant ID you here on CAG

youve removed all dates and figures but left a few ref no's showing too remove them! put dates and figures back please.

are there any tickboxes with your typed name and an IP address by them? there should be 4? as you say this was for 4 loans

assuming you signed up online there must be?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

I have Redacted and amended the documents and re attached.

Only other documents sent to me are attached in #67.

12 hours ago, dx100uk said:

are there any tickboxes with your typed name and an IP address by them? there should be 4? as you say this was for 4 loans

Only the name is typed on page 12 with no IP address in situe.

I have had no default notice or letter stating the selling of the debt from Sunny Loans to SLL Capital Ltd produced would this not be a required document from Sunny and would the need to produce documents for each loan in default? Default notice from SSL Capital was for the accumulation of debt and not for each loan!!

Thanks G

asking for settlement letter.pdf

go back and re read from about post 86.

4 loans

no agreements

no default notices

stuffed!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry dx trying to get my head around it, 

no agreements - is that not an agreement attached above or are you saying “no” cuz it’s just a name with no IP address on the document?

no default - because the default is from SLL Capital and not from Sunny loans (Elevate) ? 

Stuffed - claimant because of the lack of above ?

thanks G 

SSL are a debt buyer, they cannot issue a default notice.

and ofcourse there should be 4 DN's

and 

4 loan agreements each with tick boxes and an IP address of what device was used and where and what time.

and also  dont forget SSL have sold these loans on to another DCA and they are the claimant.

now going by SSL and their claims in the past, they usually push through court themselves and not sell it on again.

IMHO as they have done this, these debts stink!! quick get rid of 'em as we can't enforce anything. merligen have got done over here.

and they

Ok gotcha dx thanks for your humble opinion much appreciated. 

Next step wait for local court date. I will post back once this comes through?

thanks G 

IMHO i don't think you have enough concrete information there to even consider mediation.

see what @andyorch advises too

dx

and they

Sorry dx im a bit confused now?

8 hours ago, dx100uk said:

IMHO i don't think you have enough concrete information there to even consider mediation.

see what @andyorch advises too

thought there was not enough information for them to take this to claims court ?  

now I think your saying I’m not in a good place here or am I reading this wrong!

G

You should not enter into mediation , which is basically compromising that you owe something, if you dont have all the info to decide that, their position is very weak inho.

As ive said

They need

4 signed agreements

4 default notices from the original creditor

None of which they have.

Dx

and they

As I advised, based on my own experience, let the mediator ring you but explain that you don't have the necessary documents to enter into any discussions. They will try and get you to agree as its just a tick in the box but politely refuse.

It will then be returned to the court and based on the fact you dont have any of the originals forms it will test the resolve of Merlingen. They will hope you crack at some point and agree a deal, they will not want to go to court unless they have the right evidence.

Hold your resolve and play their game.

dx/jotty thank you for the advice and clarifying the situation I feel much better now,

I think i was meeting myself going backwards trying to work everything out 🙃

Ok, no mediation and wait for local court date and see where we are at.

Thanks G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone hope you are all well.

MCOL update is that now been transferred to local court I am just awaiting the court confirmation letter. Will the letter have details of next steps to proceed?

thanks G

And read like claimform threads.

so you know what is next

how to respond

at each stage.

wont hurt either to look at others witness statements too, as that is what is next for you to do.

Dx

and they