Kerry Motors/Roy Franks Witham Car Dealer - Legal Action - Bad Car, Bad Service - CCJ Awarded.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have waited 6+ months to write this review as I wanted to wait until after the completion of the legal action I was forced to take against Kerry Motors – which resulted in a County Court Judgement against Kerry Motors/Roy Franks.

I bought a Saab 93 Estate (KU08EXX) in March 2021 from Roy at Kerry Motors. Within 3 weeks of owning the car, it had broken down on 3 separate occasions (each time going into Limp Home Mode, with an accompanying dramatic loss in power – once even happening on the A12 at 70mph). 

Kerry Motors took the car back to be fixed on 2 separate occasions, the second time I believed that an important sensor would be replaced – I subsequently found out that this not replaced at all (I checked with Kerry Motors preferred mechanics and was shown the sensor still in its packaging).

After 3 weeks of owning the car (including 1.5 weeks of time being fixed) I asked to return the car, Roy was extremely difficult to get in contact with but when I did manage to see him (I waited at his office for 4 hours) – he flat out refused to take the car back/ refund me, he instead tried to convince me to let him have a 3rd go at fixing it, When I refused and then he became extremely rude and accused me of lying about the problem before throwing me out of his office.

I was then forced to take legal action against Kerry Motors. Roy chose to ignore all the letters I sent him and the court summons/court paperwork. This led to the court automatically ruling in my favour and placing a CCJ against Roy Franks/Kerry Motors. 

Roy then chose to ignore the CCJ, and I was forced to escalate this into a High Court Writ. I was then able to instruct a firm of High Court Sheriffs (bailiffs) who were finally able to get my money back for the car. After a further month of waiting, Roy finally contacted me to arrange pick up of the car.

I would not recommend buying a car from Kerry Motors at all.

Well done on being tenacious about this and taking it all the way.

Thanks also for this account of what happened. Maybe you could provide a link to their website and more details of where they are because that will help the Google rankings.

However do understand that this forum does not exist simply to allow people to do a hatchet job on companies they fall out with. Its principal aim is to help people go forward.
It probably would have been better for the Google rankings et cetera if you had, here earlier and developed a discussion of what you are doing as you went along. This would mean that more people could have found the thread with the name on it and also maybe voiced their own difficulties with this company