Parking Outside a Bay Fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have received a PCN for parking outside a bay in a council parking area.

I have checked that there is a seperate date of issue to date of observation and that the PCN refers to contravention and not offence.

However I would like to know how outside a bay is defined. We were parked within the broken left and right hand lines but they may have thought that we were parked too far forward. Although there was no line at the front of the bay to define where the bay ended.

In front of the car was a flyover so we wouldn't have been obstructing anything.

Are there any regulations on how a bay should be defined? As I don't understand how we would have known that we are outside an undefined bay.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Haras

Did you take any pics on your phone atall.

My mum thought she was parked in a space and it wasnt it was a gap between 2 spaces and the only way we could tell was the end lines where you drive in were not T crossed at the end, like teh other spaces the ends were only crossed on one side of each line.

One to the right and one to the left.

So making each one the last in the row on either side:(

Totaly stupid as the space was not marked for anything else, it was just a car space in the middle of 2 parking rows. which wasnt a parking space:confused:

BL:)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

UKPC parking fine.

I was charged for parking out of marked bay at B&Q by UKPC. This happen as result of another car parking outside its bay into my own bay. The next bay was full of trolleys. This was explained to the UKPC parking attendant who did not listen to me. In fact another driver who was around when I arrived at B & Q explained to him and advised him to cancel it but he replied his company does not allow him to cancel issued charge (PCN).

Please advise me how to appeal this. The car who parked into my bay has left before He issued the ticket.

I asked him for CCTV to confirm that a car was parking into my bay when I arrived but he refused to do this.

Please help

Don't worry about it. The PCN is just a load of crap. Just ignore all the crap and threats they will send you and they'll just go away.

As for that attendant not being able to cancel the PCN, what a load of tosh.. I bet he's commissioned based!

Just IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE, and if you aren't sure about the letters you get, just post up on here and everyone will tell you what you need to do, or not what to do should the case be.

• do not pay

• do not contact them (there is no 'appeals' process)

ignore any threatening letters you receive

• it is a [problem]

• they will give up and go away eventually

Feel free to write a letter of disgust to B&Q. In the meantime, UKPC will waste £2.50 getting your address from the DVLA so they can send their first threatening letter.

Private companies have no powers to fine people, regardless about what they will tell you about terms and conditions and contracts.

I'll see about scanning the ones I've had before and sticking up on flickr or something. You can then just point out which one you just received, and you will know what you'll get next too.

FYI: honestly, just ignore anything you get though. They try and make everything look as official as they can in order to scare you into paying.

Hi,

I am new this site and I incurred a parking fine in Ashton Moss and the ticket indicated that I was causing an obstruction, when in fact I wasn't. I was parked slightly outside the bay lines but they have not selceted this option on my parking ticket. I am really frustrated at the fact that I have had this ticket. I was forced to park slighly over the lines as the car behind me was parked slightly forward. By the time my ticket was issued the car parked behind me had left. I am unsure whether to appeal as the fine might go up and up. I wasn't causing an obstruction as cars were passing my car at the time I returned to my car so if it was that much of an abstruction then cars wouldn't be able to pass by.

Another annoying fact, is that I actually spoke to the security guy outside Nando's where I was eating and he said it would be fine, if the car wasnt causing major obstruction and under the circumstance that the car parked behind was slighly forward it wouldn't be a problem. It couldnt be further from the truth, they were waiting to do me over, like they have thousands other people. Where is the justice for using leisure facilities to enjoy your night out to come and find a car parkinf time on your car. Joke.

Any help anyone?

Just file it under "To shred".. they'll waste their time and money getting your details from the DVLA, and you can just ignore all the crap they send. Don't respond to the letter or any proceeding ones as they just send more stuff for longer. They'll send death and destruction threats in the post, and they can be both frustrating and frightening. Don't let them get to you, and what ever you do, DO NOT FALL FOR THE [problem].

Hey,

What happened when you mentioned about the car parking over its bay causing you to park over yours. I had a similar situation, but they got me after the car had gone and now I dont know what to do.

Did you end up paying the fine?

No.. They would have to take you to court, and would have to prove a number of things that they simply can't. Thus, they don't ever go that far. It would just cost them, and they wouldn't win based on the situation you described.

NEVER PAY! IT'S NOT A FINE! These people are private firms that site in a grey area of the law. Like any private individual or firm, they can only request compensation or financial debt through a formal agreement. They have neither to obtain from you.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all. It's Christmas Eve, I'm spent out and guess what just dropped through my letterbox? You got it - UKPC charge certificate for parking outside a marked bay. I was parked 2 inches over the right hand white line but that was because the car to my left was parked 6 inches over his right hand white line! What choice did that leave me? I am so grateful to have found this site. I will use this Notice to wrap the leftover turkey in tomorrow. I will write to the company who own the car park (Next and Clinton Cards) and wish them a disastrous new year and, needless to say, will never shop with them again. Are these companies so desperate for profit that they will rip off their own customers - it seems so.

Hi all. It's Christmas Eve, I'm spent out and guess what just dropped through my letterbox? You got it - UKPC charge certificate for parking outside a marked bay. I was parked 2 inches over the right hand white line but that was because the car to my left was parked 6 inches over his right hand white line! What choice did that leave me? I am so grateful to have found this site. I will use this Notice to wrap the leftover turkey in tomorrow. I will write to the company who own the car park (Next and Clinton Cards) and wish them a disastrous new year and, needless to say, will never shop with them again. Are these companies so desperate for profit that they will rip off their own customers - it seems so.

Welcome to the forums.

You seem to have found an appropriate use for for their bumf.

The PPC solution seems so cost effective to these business that they never stop to consider the effect on their business. Good on you for writing to the business but beware of giving to much detail as they will likely pass your complaint to the PPC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

:)Thanks for your support. I have written the letters but chickened out and sent them anonymously. The other thing is that the parking attendant never actually handed me or placed on my vehicle the 'ticket'. I got back to the car just as he was taking the photo. I asked him why he taking photos of my car and he said 'please try to park in the bay next time'. I grunted, got in the car and left. I guess it would be hard to prove that I never got the ticket on the day.