style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've read a lot on here about to ignore this company's letters so have been doing.

I bought 3 retro liverpool football tops on a car boot sale and sold them on ebay hoping to make a profit as they was only £15 each.

This company purchased one and tested it and its counterfeit and trademark infringement they say,

they sent me a letter saying they are acting on behalf of Liverpool fc and wanting me to sign documents and provide info on where I imported the tops from,

a copy of all text and email correspondence with my supplier,

what ports they were being delivered to etc ,  as though I was running a major counterfeit import business(I wasn't)

They provided a print off of my 3 ebay listings of these shirts and pictures of the purchased top.

And are demanding £1200, all my profits and that I send them any other stock I hold to destroy.

I've ignored them upto now but they just sent a hand delivered letter demanding I respond within 7 days to stop the case escalating,

should I continue to ignore?

Thanks in advance 

Yes, just continue to ignore them but keep us informed of any developments.

• Like 1

Now you know why they send out such letters, because as youll see here sadly, mugs wet themselves and comply to the very letter..

what they dont realise is that not a penny goes to whomever they supposedly represent. They often have not idea their name is being used in vain.. And everyone runs laughing down the pub that night on free money.

never ever pay an ambulance chaser

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no set time sadly

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,there was a copy of the various liverpool club badges  from over the years that are copywrited to them and about 5 pages of items etc it covers.

They sent another letter Monday but I wasn't into sign for it,so it's been took back to the sorting office awaiting collection.

Edited by Ke213

I got a letter today saying the below 

Our client liverpool fc and athletic grounds Ltd 

We write further to our previous correspondence including but not limited to our letter dated 29th Sept 2021 and the definitions therein 

Its already been made very clear that our client requires you to provide a response to our letter.despite this the deadline to provide a signed agreement and comply with the terms therein has once again passed and we have not received a response from you.

Our client is understandably becoming very frustrated with the lack of response from you particularly as it has-been made abundantly clear you are infringing its intellectual property rights by the war of trademark infringement and passing off.

If we do not hear from you by 3 Dec 2021 with your written agreement on the forms enclosed (which has been amended further to reflect our clients growing legal costs)and compliance to the terms there withing we will have no option but to advise our client to escalate matters further against you in the form of legal proceedings.

Please see the attached draft claim form in this regard. 

And a draft claim form to the courts in my name attached to it 

What would you advise i do from here?

anyone can download and fill out an n1 as a treat.

quite a common tactic. particularly by this type of scammer on this type of 'supposed' 'debt'

sadly they have to abide by the pre action protocol and send a letter of claim FIRST else the court could sanction them should they fail IF they do raise a REAL court claim.

its a scam!

dx

and they

Dear XXX

Reference number XXX

Bring it on.

Yours sincerely