• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Rachel V Lloyds TSB ********WON*********

rachelandgromit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here is my first thread - Thanks GaryH, I think I've got it now!

Have just completed by Allocation Questionnaire against Lloyds TSB for just short of £1500 (thank god I didn't have to pay another £100) and it is ready to post tomorrow!

Could do with the money - I am £10 off my overdraft limit of £4500!!!!! :eek: I can see more bank charges this month!

Will keep you all posted!

Rachel

Hi Rachel, good to see you made it here!;)

Hopefully you're not too far away from a settlement, they seem to be paying up within a reasonable time of the AQ return date again now.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Rachel

Nice to see you on here, did you get my PM from Moneysavingexpert board??

Barty:) (aka fizzy!)

Hi Barty! It's like a family here! Yes, I got your PM, thanks for that. After PM'ing you I found the info I needed for the AQ on here.

Hopefully I know what I am doing now!

Thanks for your help.

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

We seem to be at about the same stage - I posted back my AQ on Thursday night, even though it doesn't have to be filed until 18th. Guess it's just wait to hear now... Good luck!

Mine has to be in on the 18th too! We must be at the same stage!

My AQ return date is 19th December! Wonder which one of us will get to the winning post first?

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

My AQ needed to be at the Court by tomorrow so I'll just ring them up and check it's got there, which is should have done as I sent it recorded delivery.

I've made a bad error though and I've not sent a copy of this to Lloyds TSB solicitors which I now realise I should have done out of courtesy!

Is this going to cause me a huge problem?

Thanks,

Rachel

No, don't worry. Its not an obligation, and its not as if they'd ever worry about 'courtesy' is it! The only reason they send you a copy of theirs is to try to 'scare' you anyway.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Update - After a postal strike this way before Christmas and some very stressed Court staff who were sick of me ringing up, my AQ finally arrived with Court on the 19th, a day late despite being posted over a week before hand, but Court said there wasn't a problem.

Had a copy of Lloyds TSB's AQ too, asking for a copy of mine which I forgot to send them (as mentioned earlier). Any advice on what to do with this, I was thinking of either a) - Ignore then, b) - ring them up to say I havn't got a copy but can send them a copy of the additional information which was the only difference between mine and theirs or c) Try and obtain a copy from the Court.

Has anyone else who's AQ was due in on the 18th December heard anything yet? Also Lloyds were not asking for a extra time which I noticed was previously a common thing for them.

Look forward to some updates from everyone.

Hope you all had a good Christmas.

Rachel x

Hi Rachel,

As I said in the post above, sending the other side an AQ is not necessary. Ignore their request and just wait for either a settlement or a court date.

AQ sounds standard - they never ask for extra time on any of them any more.

Hi Rachel,

My AQ was due in by 18th - I sent it in, however on Sat 15th I received a settlement letter totally out of blue for full amount. I hadn't contacted the solicitors or anybody else come to that... I faxed the letter back on the 18th to SCM, and was told the money would take 7 - 10 days to be paid into my account. It's not there yet so watch this space... Good luck - I bet you'll hear soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

VIX8180 - Have you heard anything from Lloyds regarding your offer. I'm jelous!!!!!!!!! On 29th December I had the Notice of Hearing form from Stoke on Trent County Court so it looks like I won't be getting an offer, but my claim is for nearly £1500 so perhaps they want a fight.

Basically, the hearing will take place on 28th March 200 at 11:50am. 10 minutes (!) have been allowed for the hearing.

And that is it, mentions nothing else. So, no correspondance from Lloyds, nothing - awww, I've not been lucky and I'm desperate for my money. :( Kazzaw, your AQ had to be back on 18th December too, have you had a court date yet.

If there is anyone who has a court date near mine please PM me. I could do with a bit of help and it might be better if we put our heads together.

Rachel xx

Have you got any directions to submit your evidance?

The court. It should have said something like;

"Each party shall deliver to the court office and every other party all documents on which they intend to rely no later than **/**/**"

Unless its not the final hearing? Does it say 'allocation hearing', or 'preliminary hearing' or something like that?

I'd give the court a ring on Monday if I were you. Ask them why you've had the notice of the hearing but not any directions.

That is a bit strange, bearing in mind i'm from Stoke anyway, I got my 'Notice of Allocation to the Smalls Track Hearing' though the other day, i'm due to go down to Stafford County Court on 13/02!! The pack includes info of what to take and who to give it etc and even what to call the judge when ur in the hearing!! They expect the hearing to take no more than 30 mins.

Still had no sign of settlement from SCM yet though.

I would definately contact the court anyway and check that they've got the right hearing set!

NatWest

- LBA Sent: 23/10/06

- MCOL Claim Filed: 06/11/06

- Claim Acknowledged: 14/11/06

- Defence Received: 08/12/06

- Cobbetts AQ Received: 27/12/06

LLOYDS TSB

- LBA Sent: 23/10/06

- MCOL Claim Filed: 06/10/06

- Claim Acknowledged: 15/11/06

- Defence Recd/AQ Sent: 06/12/06

- SCM AQ Recd: 15/12/06

MORGAN STANLEY

- Partial Offer Received with statements: 03/11/06

- Prelim Sent: 07/11/06

- Settled in Full: 17/11/06 :)

NATIONWIDE

- LBA Sent: 23/11/06

- Settled in Full: 21/12/06:)

- Account Closure Notification: 23/12/06

INTELLIGENT FINANCE

- LBA Sent: 23/11/06

- Partial offer Recd: 25/11/06

- Rejection Sent: 25/11/06

- MCOL Claim Filed: 30/11/06

- Judgment Filed: 04/01/06

BLACK HORSE

- S.A.R Sent: 16/11/06

NATWEST VISA

- S.A.R Sent: 16/11/06

If I only got the Notice of Hearing (the letter I refer to mentioned above) on 30th December, does the pack normally follow or come at the same time. I'm just thinking that effectively there has only been 4 actual working days since the letter came. Perhaps I am panicking too soon.

Ring the Court on Monday if only for reassurance. My friends AQ had to be in at the end of November, his Court date is in April but he hasn't been asked for his "bundle" yet.

You asked about my progress. Have a look at my thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/20752-kazzaw-lloyds-asset-card.html

Good luck

K :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Update:

Spoke to the Court today, now this is strange!

The woman explained to me that on the day of my hearing, the judge is having a full day dealing with 10 min hearings all to do with the bank charges.

These are all preliminary hearings which is why no directions have been requested. I've asked if I need to bring anything and she said no, just anything I may need to refer to, but the Judge is aware of the situation with the bank charges.

Has ANYONE heard of this or what this means in terms of Lloyds? Could I expect a settlement before this date?

Seems there are alot of changes at the moment.

Rachel

Update:

Spoke to the Court today, now this is strange!

The woman explained to me that on the day of my hearing, the judge is having a full day dealing with 10 min hearings all to do with the bank charges.

These are all preliminary hearings which is why no directions have been requested. I've asked if I need to bring anything and she said no, just anything I may need to refer to, but the Judge is aware of the situation with the bank charges.

Has ANYONE heard of this or what this means in terms of Lloyds? Could I expect a settlement before this date?

Seems there are alot of changes at the moment.

Rachel

Something like this happened in Wales recently, Cardiff or Swansea? Have a look for stadiumarcadium's thread.

Also have you had a chance to read my thread (link in last post by me on here) A Judge in Lincoln is standing up to the bank's abuse of the Court system.

Which Court is dealing with your claim?

K