Council PCN on Private Property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have to agree with the above post as I also do not think the Private Land will extend as far as the Kerb and would be classed as a Public Footway.

I think you need to check the Land Registry (note their is a cost for this service) to check it is classed as Private Land to assist in your Appeal.

Do you know how long the Double Yellow line have been in place?

This is my air of caution if on checking the Land Registry it is NOT Classed as Private Land and is a Public Footway then you need to bear in mind irrespective that you have parked their for 30 years you still have to abide to the Highway Code and as you were not only parked on a corner, parked on a Public Footway also avoiding the Double Yellow line restriction in place on that junction.

The Highway Code Rule 243

•  Opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space

•  Where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles

•  In front of an entrance to a property

•  On a bend

WWW.GOV.UK

This Highway Code applies to England, Scotland and Wales. The Highway Code is essential reading for everyone.

WWW.HIGHWAYCODEUK.CO.UK

The nearest you can park to a junction is 10 metres (or 32 feet).  This is to allow drivers emerging from, or turning into, the junction a clear view of the...

WWW.HIGHWAYCODEUK.CO.UK

Use off-street parking areas, or bays marked out with white lines on the road as parking places, wherever possible.

The Highway Code Rule 238

You MUST NOT wait or park on yellow lines during the times of operation shown on nearby time plates (or zone entry signs if in a Controlled Parking Zone) – download ‘Traffic signs’ and ‘Road markings’. Double yellow lines indicate a prohibition of waiting at any time even if there are no upright signs. You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings when upright signs indicate a prohibition of stopping.

Law RTRA sects 5 & 8

WWW.HIGHWAYCODEUK.CO.UK

You MUST NOT wait or park on yellow lines during the times of operation shown on nearby time plates (or zone entry signs if in a Controlled Parking...

• Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group