• Tweets

• One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other!
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Black Horse secured Loan PPI - loan paid off told no refund of PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I took out a secured loan with Black Horse Finance in October 2005. It as the worst decision of my life but I was desperate at the time and decided to go for it (a fool and her money are easily parted!!!!!). Anyway, when I went in to see them they offered me 2 interest rates on the loan. One interest rate was lower if I took PPI. If I didnt take PPI then the interest rate would be significantly higher. The PPI was not explained to me in detail. I am self employed. I decided to go for the loan with PPI because I felt that it would be security if I was ill or had to give up my business.

In June of this year I wanted to remortgage my house and contacted BH to ask if I could keep some of the loan going as I wouldnt have enough money to pay off the whole amount. They told me it wouldnt be a problem. I got down the whole road with the remortgage and just before it was going to settle BH told me that they werent prepared to do that anymore.

This year has been a terrible year for me as I have been very ill and had to claim on the insurance for 3 months. It took them 4 months to pay the amount due even although I jumped through hoops to provide them with the information they needed.

Prior to claiming on the PPI I got a settlement figure for the loan which was just in excess of £15,000. When I got another settlement figure after they refused to carry some of the loan over, the settlement figure had gone up to just under £20,000. when I queried this they told me it was because I had claimed on the insurance.

I have written them a letter advising them that I feel this insurance was mis-sold to me. I should never have been offered a lower interest rate to take PPI!!!!! Also, I have had the loan for 1 year and the term is 10 years. They say that I have to pay all the premiums even although I am settling early.

I have asked them for a breakdown of how this works. Each settlement figure I get is higher than the last, even although I am paying my monthly instalment. Noboby seems to know how this works. the people who are selling the PPI dont have a clue and even the manager agrees that it is wrong that I have to pay the full premium. I don't mind paying what I have claimed ie £700 but I am definitely not paying £5000 when I am settling the loan 9 years early.

My house is currently on the market and I want this settled before the sale goes through so that I can put all this last year behind me. I have asked them on numerous occasions to provide this information but they refuse to do so. I have now sent a letter advising the manager that if I do not hear from them within the next 14 days (that was 7 days ago!) I will be taking it further to their Head Office, OFT and Trading Standards.

This is really getting me down as I originally only took a loan out for £15,000 and now it seems I have to pay back £20,000 even although I have made payments of £265 for a year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Annie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Annie,

Sorry for delay in looking at this for you, but I was away all weekend at Christmas doo..lol, Just recovered and I think my brain if alchohol free now..lol.

Firstly, I am surprised that the PPI paid out to someone who was self employed, but these guys make up terms and conditions as they go along.

Being a secured loan on your property is not good Im afraid, It is like a second mortgage and you will have to clear this loan at the time of sale of your property. Also beware that they will also have fees that they will charge you for the release of the security on your property. Firstplus charged me £150 for this and I had to go through their Solicitors in Scotland to have the security removed from my property, they charged about £140 for this. I did fight with Firstplus about their £150 as I had paid their solicitors in Scotland to do the Job. After a bit of a fight they refunded the £150. Im now after them for £750 in early settlement interest charges that they took. That one is at court stage..lol

Im not too sure what refund they will offer you on the PPI as you have claimed on it, again read the small print in the terms and conditions, or if you can scan them send them to me and I will have a look through it. Going by the way they seem to work put a settlement figure including your PPI premium, I take it that the Policy is one of these single payment policies ? again if it is beware as most of these only cover for a 5 year period. Dead sneaky I know..I got caught with that too.

It may well be worth having a word with your local trading standards office regarding this too, they are the ones that police the consumer credit Act. Again it will depend if you get someone there that knows all the inns and outs.

Another outfit that may be worth a call is the FISA The Finance Industry Standards Association - our title page I know that they Regulate Black Horse Finance, I spoke to Dereck there and he was very helpful. Though they took my complaint about GE Money / Purpleloans seriously, and their senior investigating officer had a telephone conversation with a senior Director at GE who said he would contact me to try and resolve my complaint. To date though I have not been contacted again by GE Money.

I think you will also find that your Insurance policy is actually with Lloyds TSB Insurance.. Blackhorse Finance is Part of Lloyds and I better not put in print what I think of Lloyds...lol

Im not sure If Ive been much help.. If you are confussed with anything give me a shout either here or by PM.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

HI Reidnet

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear you're feeling better now after a weekend filled with festive cheer!!! :D

I dont think I got any details from Black Horse about this insurance. All I got was the finance agreement. However, tomorrow I will look through my box of stuff and see if I have anything there. If I have I will check all the small print etc., but to be honest I dont think I received anything. It was all very unprofessional!!! I have been stupid I know but when you are desperate you do desparate things!!!

Where do I start with claiming the PPI. Are there any standard letter templates and where can I look to research this?

Also, am I right in thinking that if I received JSA I don't have to pay court costs. I have just given up my business and am going to the jobcentre tomorrow to claim JSA.

Look forward to hearing from you and I'll look into the paperwork tomorrow.

Cheers

Annie

How the **** do they expect you to understand the terms and conditions of an insurance if they do not provide you with them ?.. Typical Black Horse..I had dealins with them a few years back and as you say they dont understand their own terms and conditions.

I would ask them to supply you witha copy of the terms and conditions that relate to your policy.

It may also be worth a call to your local trading standards office.

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi Ian

Have managed to dig out the original documentation for this loan. There is a schedule attached to the finance agreement regarding the PPI insurance.

As I have said before, this insurance was sold to me by way of offering me a reduction in the interest rate if I took the insurance. Firstly, this should not have been done. Am I right? I should have the best deal on the table with the option of taking the insurance; taking the insurance should not entitle me to a better deal!!! Secondly, the total cost of the insurance, including interest, was £7729.20. The monthly payments to this are £64.41!!! :eek: Having looked through the schedule of conditions, it states that the unemployment benefit is not applicable if you are self-employed. This effectively makes the policy null and void because they knew I was self employed when I went for the loan and they offered the insurance. They sold it as a "peace of mind" insurance if things ever went pear-shaped.

I was going to draft a letter to them and their head office advising them that I have been mis-sold this policy and in fact the policy does not offer the full protection that was sold to me as they knew I was self employed when they sold the insurance. Do you agree that I should do this and that my thoughts are correct regarding this?

Ta much

Annie

Hi Annie,

Going by what you have said here, Yes they Mis Sold you the policy, If it does not offer protection for the self employed and they knew you were self employed the def Mis Sold. "For your peace of mind..llf..that one really make me gringe..More like the nice commision that the seller will be payed. Did you know the commision paid to agents that sell these thype of policies can be as much as 65% of the premium.

I would write to them straight away, I would address your Complaint to the CEO of the company at their head office, Half of the time it ends up with some numpty otherwise.

I would give them 14 Days as per a prelim letter then a LBA 14 days after if they do not reply in the first 14 Days.

And Write COMPLAINT in bold at the top of your letter..

Good Luck

Ian

Right then!!!! Sent the following 2 letters today with copies to Black Horse Office in Edinburgh FAO The Manager. Basically sent one to the insurance company regarding the insurance - giving them 7 days to explain themselves and one to CEO giving him 14 days to sort it all out or will take further action.

Here goes!!!!!

Customer Care

Lloyds TSB General Insurance Limited

TredegarPark

Newport

South Wales

NP10 8SB

12th December 2006

Re: account

COMPLAINT & Request for return of PPI Insurance & Interest.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I took out the above loan for £1500 on 11/11/05 . When I took it out, I signed up for Payment Protection Insurance as I was advised by "employee" of Black Horse Finance, Orchard Brae House, Orchard Brae, Edinburgh that I would get a lower interest rate on my loan if I were to take out PPI insurance and that it would be “peace of mind” for me if I was ever sick or became unemployed. I decided to take the PPI because I am self-employed and it would mean that my payments would be covered should anything untoward happen to me during the term of the loan.

When I took out the loan the terms and conditions of the PPI were not explained fully to me, merely that I would have insurance cover to pay my monthly instalments. At no time was it explained to me that because I was self employed I would not be able to claim the unemployment cover. Also, I have since discovered that you are not allowed to make PPI a condition of taking out a loan, nor offering reduced interest rates by way of an incentive to take the PPI unless you include the costs of PPI in your quoted loan interest rate, which you did not do. I therefore consider that I have been mis-sold this expensive insurance, which was wholly inadequate for my personal circumstances. "employee" was aware that I was self employed and should have explained this exemption to me at the time of agreeing to the PPI.

I became ill earlier this year and had to claim on the insurance. Prior to claiming on the insurance, the settlement figure on this loan was just over £15,000. Since claiming, the settlement figure has gone up to almost £20,000. I have written 2 letters to Black Horse Finance in Edinburgh (copies enclosed) asking them to outline the reason for this increase in settlement figure but, to date, have received no reply – apart from holding letters. In my last correspondence, dated 28th November 2006 I advised the Manager that he had 14 days within which to reply or I would be escalating the matter. The 14 days timescale are now up.

The cost of the Policy was £4695.12 plus £2934.08 interest making £7729.20. I believe this sum to be extortionate in relation to a loan of £15,000 and I request a refund of the policy fee plus any interest paid on the fee.

I would appreciate a reply to this letter within seven days. If you reject this complaint please supply me with a final response letter, so that I can take up the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service, and if need be make a claim via the small claims court to recover the PPI insurance fee + Interest + costs.

Yours faithfully,

Cc: The Manager, Black Horse Finance

Hard copy of letter in post sent via recorded delivery.

The Managing Director, Black Horse Finance

AND

The Chief Executive

Black Horse Limited

St William House

Tresmillian Terrace

CARDIFF

CF10 5BH

12th December 2006

Re: account

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir or Madam,

PPI Insurance on Black Horse Loan £15,000

Loan taken out on 11 November 2005

I am writing to advise you that, despite repeated requests to try and resolve the dispute I have regarding my Black Horse Loan and PPI insurance and my settlement figure for said loan, to date I have had no response from your office in Edinburgh. I attach copies of the letters sent which date back to 31st October 2006 and also a letter I sent today to Lloyds TSB Insurance. I have been trying to gain information regarding the PPI insurance mis-sold to me at the time I agreed to take out the above loan but nobody appears to be interested in supplying me with the requested information.

I believe that the policy was sold in a deceitful manner by a member of your staff and this matter has also been discussed with the FSA and a complaint form will be completed for the Financial Ombudsman Service should a satisfactory conclusion to this dispute not be reached

At this point in time I would bring to your attention the FSA principles for the “Treating customers fairly – towards fair outcomes for consumers .

Principle 7 “A Firm must pay due regard to the information needs of its clients, and communicate information to them in a way which is clear, fair and not misleading”.

Principle 9 “A firm must take reasonable care to ensure the suitability of its advice and discretionary decisions for any customer who is entitled to rely upon its judgement”.

I believe your member of staff "employee" from your Edinburgh Office blatantly disregarded these principles, the terms of my contentions are as set out in my letter dated 31st October 2006.

What I require

A refund in the form of a deposit to my above numbered account in the total sum of £4795.12 plus interest plus payments paid to the date of settlement of this dispute.

I require repayment in full of this money and. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

I will also submit a completed complaint form regarding this matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service on 19th December 2006.

I trust you will take this matter seriously and look forward to receiving your reply within the next 14 days offering a positive outcome for this dispute.

Yours faithfully,

Cc: The Manager, Black Horse Finance, Edinburgh Office

Will let you know the outcome

Annie

Will be watching your thread!!!

Delly x

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi there

I got a letter from BH advising me that they wouldnt cancel the PPI as it was not missold. Still havent received my statements etc., I telephoned them and spoke to the guy that sent the letter and advised him of the circumstances. I have to send copies of the letters I have written to him but have been really really busy with a new job etc., so havent got round to it yet. I will be sending them this weekend and will keep you posted.

Good luck with your complaint.

Kind regards

Gemspan

Will be interested to see what they do next...

HI Ian

I have been meaning to pm you!!!! My you are turning into a local celebrity arent you? You'll have people coming up asking for your autograph next!!!!! :D Seriously though. It takes guts to appear on tv. I used to work with the media and I know how things are twisted etc., but you did a very good job indeed on getting your case across on Tonight. Good for you.

I have been really really busy and have started my claim with BOS in the courts and have loads more to do. Hopefully I will get this sorted with Black Horse. The guy backed down when I told him how the loan was sold to me.

I;ll keep you updated on progress.

Kind regards

Annie

Hi Annie,

I thought you may have won the lottery and done a runner..lol Good to see you back and ready to fight again. I dont think I am One of Lloyds favourite people right now.lol and Hopefully today will be granted Decree over my second charges claim against Lloyds.. They failed to submit defence .. Hopefully the sheriff will go with my recommendation..lol

Ian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right then. Here's the story.

Havent heard anything back from HO but the local branch manager called today and said he was stopping all interest on my account. He then called back and said he was prepared to give me a settlement figure on my current account which is £15,000 (less than what it should be if PPI included!) and re-instate another loan for that amount over the same period. Now, I think this is a result because it is less than what I was paying. However, can I still claim for the PPI on the other loan if I take this loan out?

Answers on a postcard please!!!!!!:D

Kind regards

Annie

PS: I mentioned the magic words FSA and Fraud Act, misrepresentation etc., and then got this second phone call.

Annie, I am following this with interest as I am just about to take action for a friend who paid £9,000 for ppi on a £25,000 secured loan. With interest and ppi it came to £44,000 and she paid it off when she sold the house 2 years later. Settlement figure was £39,000! Best bit is not only did she not know she had ppi, but she was self employed.

I just read one of reidnets posts which says Black Horse have something written into the agreements which cover their legal fees. This is worrying because even if you issue a MCOL, you can be responsible for their costs. I am thinking of writing to CEO and then taking up with FO. Do you know if anyone has successfully won in court against them without being awarded their fees?

Stan

Hello Stan

Well, FWIW, my understanding of agreements is that both parties have to agree and the agreement has to be lawful. I could threaten you to give me £500 and you could agree but that doesn't mean I have a lawful, standing agreement does it? Accordingly, in relation to BH. They can put what they like in their agreements but, if the agreement has been mis-sold and is unlawful, their inserts mean diddly-squat!!!! I also think that perhaps Ian was meaning that they could make you liable for their charges if you defaulted on the Agreement. They can't make you liable for their charges per se!!! You would only be liable for their costs if you lost the court case. If you won the court case then they would probably be liable for your charges. It would be a bit like me saying to you "Take this loan and have the insurance" You then find out the insurance is null and void for whatever reason and it has been mis-sold to you. Therefore that makes the agreement unlawful and, as such, if the company wanted to defend the action then they would have to pay their own costs. If it is was found to be the case that the insurance was legitimate and could have covered illness, redundancy etc., then you would have to pay the costs.

Regarding your friend. I would have a good look at the agreement and see what it says. If the insurance covers redundancy then it is inoperative and BH would have had that information when she took out the loan and therefore should not have sold her insurance to cover redundancy. However, it may just cover accident and sickness, in which case it is relevant.

BH sell their PPI as a different loan and therefore when you are quoted an APR that is not for the entire loan per se. It is for the loan AND for the PPI. That is where they are doing things wrong - IMO!!!! And that is where the Director General's directive (on this site somewhere!) comes into force. You could also get them under the Fraud Act if they told you the APR was, say, 10% but in fact it is not 10% because you are getting charges 10% additionally for the PPI.

I dont know of anybody who has gone to court with BH but IMO it wouldnt get that far and it is best to take it all the way. Send a letter to the CEO and he will pass it to his complaints analysts. You will get a SOD OFF letter from them and then write back to them saying you are taking it further ie court action AND THEN DO THAT!!!!!! When it reaches court you will probably find that they will settle but have a good look at the PPI and loan contract first to see where you stand.

Hope this helps

Annie

Cheers Annie. Going to draft letter tonight. Can you point me to Director General's directive on this site. Had a look but cant find it.

Also, BH have not responded to SAR request and chase up letter which was first sent 53 days ago.

Hi Stan,

Just to clear up about Costs, In some secured agreements they may have a clause in regarding Cost, Have a good look through to see if there is anything in the Terms and Conditions. Better being safe than sorry so to speak.

Good Luck

Ian

Hi Stan

Then you must write to them advising them that they have breached the Data Protection Act. Get on to ICO office and write a complaint. I can almost guarantee that you will have your copy agreement timeously after that!!!! LOL

Annie

http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/docs/lc276bill.pdf

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/consumer_credit/oft299.pdf

Interesting reading for you Stan. The Fraud Act is now law but there should be an updated version somewhere on the site. This is just the draft bill.

Hope this helps

Annie

The Fraud Act 2006, which came into force in January 2007.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2006/ukpga_20060035_en.pdf

Stan,

you should send them a Failure to Comply notice under the Data Protection act , and also register a complaint with the ICO.

Ian

• 4 years later...

Hi there

I'm about to start 2 claims for mis-sold PPI. The first one is with Black Horse Finance for a loan I took out in November 2005.

the loan was for £15,000 and I was told I would get a reduced interest rate if I took the PPI. No investigation was carried out to see if I was suitable for PPI and I didn't realise the way that these things worked.

the Loan was £15,000 over 10 years (secured) and the PPI was £4,795.12 plus interest which meant that over the payment period the PPI would cost me £7729.20.

the forms were presented to me in the offices of Black Horse Finance in Edinburgh and at no time was it explained that there were exemptions in the PPI in respect of illness. I have suffered from back problems for many years and at the time was self employed - and they knew that. They said that by taking the PPI it would be favourable because Black Horse would always know they were going to get their money. I was given an unsigned quotation to take away with me but no key facts or T&Cs for the PPI. At that point they gave me an advance of £1000 on the loan.

After, I think, 7 days I was asked to go in and sign the paperwork. I went to the office, signed the paperwork where they told me to sign, got a copy and then left. I was happy I had the money to help as the business was going through a quiet period.

Anyway, I paid the instalment of £265+ for a year and during that time suffered from sickness. It took them 3 months to pay out the cash and during that time I was constantly being harrassed for my payments - which were supposed to be covered by the PPI I had taken out. I then had a good look at the PPI and realised that it was not what I was told it would be. I got in touch with them asking to cancel and was told that I couldn't cancel unless I took out a new agreement. I paid a total of just under £2600 during the year I had the loan before I cancelled the policy. They cancelled the police and re-financed the loan but I was told by their head office when I said I was mis-sold the insurance that I would not be getting a refund because I had already made a claim....which I had waited 3 months for and it had affected my credit rating.

the refinance went through and the figure refinanced was £15,500 - higher than the original amount and with no PPI. After a few months this was paid off and I no longer have any agreements with them.

I have been in contact with them on several occasions and they refuse to answer to my letters. I am wondering how I calculate what I am owed and there is no rebate of PPI showing on the final statement; in fact the final statement of the first loan doesnt make sense and I never received one for the second loan - only a settlement figure. this has never been sent to me despite repeated requests.

I know that they have ripped me off somewhere along the line and I want to claim. I think I ended up paying around £19,000 for the second loan when it was paid off after a few months.

I really need some advice on how to start this and how to work out what they owe me. The PPI premium per month was £64.41 and 12 months of this were paid - as well as getting no rebate apart from an interest rebate on the first loan.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Once I know how to go about this I can do it myself but I'm a bit confused as its not that straightforward.

thanks a lot for your help.

Gemspan

I'd just like to add that during the time I was waiting for the PPI claim to come through I was still making payments to the loan because I was being harrassed by Black Horse saying they would take my house off me if I didn't pay them. This is what the PPI is supposed to stop is it not?