• Tweets

• thanks ae - yes  I understand the claims are between me and the lender.  But with regards to the order for sale the judge specifically said it is the receiver who is appointed to sell - and he hasn't/ and isn't - which is why I am asking if I can apply to the court v the receiver for an order for sale right now?   The receiver is not part of the current proceedings heading to trial.  But he is responsible for selling the property - and he has consistently rejected offers over >5y.   This is specifically why I would like to understand if I can apply to the court to enforce the sale by the receiver??? As above - The judge has said otherwise the order for sale v the lender has to be dealt with via the trial.  Which they have deliberately delayed via the adjournment. Valuation is an issue. The lender chose the valuer.  I paid but his report basically belongs to and is referred to by the lender.  He did a prof valuation without doing a site visit.  He had done a site visit 5 months earlier for different potential lender.  The 1st valuation he erroneously wrote in his report as fh.  He just did a re-write 5m later - but wrote in his report that the value was the same for lh. I had a great offer on the table from a niche buyer which would have cleared the loan and given me a lot of £s.  But the lender rushed through the repo and the buyer got spooked and ran.  The lender then slashed the price by 30%+ from their valuation (fire sale price?).  As you suggest - they fully expected potential buyers to quickly grab the property at such a discount.  But it turned out they couldn't.  The market had dropped anyway. Then covid hit.  Every potential buyer was questioning the valuation (which clearly was wrong but the lender had accepted).  The lender and receivers actions have eroded the equity.  This wouldn't make sense to any normal lender.  99.9% would have just sold to the 1st buyer willing to transact.  The lender/ receiver had such a willing buyer on day 1 of marketing.  But they spent 15months trying not to sell to them.  As I said, disclosure shows the ceo wanted (wants?) to keep it for himself - so common sense didn't (doesn't) prevail.   The lender has made a £ Claim v me.  I am disputing it because I maintain it is their actions that has caused the erosion of equity/ a debt to accrue. The lender's problem now is that they have spent so much money and added so much interest over 5y that they cannot sell the property for what they need/ want.  They are trying to blame me for this.  But it is their fault; not mine - because I am not in possession or in charge of selling it. As I also said above - if there is some legal reason why I cannot make an application to the court for an order for the receiver to sell - then can I ask the other entity which has a charging order and threatened to do so ???  I will contact this other entity only if I can't make an app to sell v the receiver    
    • We registered our child with a nursery last year for a June 2024 start date. This was before how the new 15 hours free childcare was going to work. At the time my wife paid a £50 deposit. A few weeks ago they sent out an email about how the new funding was going to work. The nurseries can use it as they wish and they said if the child wants to come for one full day we still have to pay £50 and we can't use all the hours for one day. They also drastically increased their day rate. As a result of this we were looking elsewhere and have found a much cheaper nursery so we are changing.  The original nursery now said you only get the deposit back if she starts because it comes out of the first month of fees. I don't think we filled any any form or anything so there were no terms and conditions. Are we entitled to get the deposit back or is it our fault for not asking what the terms were when we paid. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Britannia/BW ANPR PCN PAPLOC now Claimform - Quayside Poole

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

It's due to the recipients on 04 Jul.

It's going 1st class today!

Got their questionnaire through today.

they have ticked yes to mediation.

mine went 1st class yesterday to both the court and them and I ticked no to mediation

watch this space…..as they say!

H

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries.

On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures.

:tea::tea:One the other hand......Sod this, I'm off!:tea::tea:

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

I've heard back (at last) from the BW fools.

Attached is what they have sent.

I've also heard back from the court saying that the case has been allocated to the Small Claims Court.

The car is scrapped now, so I didn't think it would matter, but fair enough.

Herewith the merged and redacted docs.

Cheers,

Robert

n271+ bw letters.pdf

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures.

is that everything?

you appear to have uploaded the same 3 pages in 2 pdf's.

await the N157 from the court

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you!

That's the latest relevant info.

What is the N157?

H

Or lose our ventures.

Notice of allocation from your local court

pcn claimform

use our enhanced google searchbox

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you.

Hopefully they will back down. Seems a little unlikely though, given what their letter said!

still, hope springs eternal as they say!

h

Or lose our ventures.

Can I take it that the details of their response mean they stand a good chance of winning?

I do wonder!

H

Edited by hamadryad

Or lose our ventures.

no quite the other way

• Thanks 1

and they

• 1 month later...

Well, after ignoring the several letters asking me to pay up, I’ve now been informed by the court that I have a Microsoft Teams meeting where a judge? will hear my/their case.

Seems we are going the distance with this.

shame it’s by ‘teams’ cos had they been required to attend they might have shyed off, being in Leeds. Ah well.

H

Or lose our ventures.

Got it by email. Just home now.

Ill load it up asap.

H

Or lose our ventures.

Hi,

Here is the court order.

Given that they are a local company, (albeit with a poor rep), do you think they will pursue this?

Your thoughts

notice of allocation to small claims track.pdf

Or lose our ventures.

15 minutes ago, hamadryad said:

Given that they are a local company, (albeit with a poor rep), do you think they will pursue this?

Impossible to say.

In a minority of cases some of the PPCs with some of the cases start court action to try to intimidate the motorist into paying - then discontinue at the last moment.

But in the majority of cases court means court (especially, as you say, given the fleecers won't have to travel for this one).

You obviously have to prepare for the latter, for an actual court hearing.

Point 7 is the important point for now,.  You need to get to work on a Witness Statement,.  There are hundreds on other PPC threads.  The forum will help you.

Also look at point 12.  Further down the line you'll be able to phone the court and see if the fleecers have paid the hearing fee.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Got an offer of 25% off if I accepted by 13 Nov, (court date is 13/12/22).

Gave it a good ignoring.

Today I got a whole load of stuff from them, detailing all the guff that they are relying on in bringing the case.

Masses of it, from a Kimberley Kaddra at BW legal.

It quotes all sorts of references.

I can scan it in, but there is rather a lot of it!

I have read many of he reviews of this company, and they are nearly all bad, and I know of someone (who is prepared to write a statement) who tried to pay at another location and the machine would nottake his registration number and he got and paid a £100 bill,

H

Edited by hamadryad

Or lose our ventures.

get it up

we will know it well i bet

so witness statement time by:

By 4.00 pm on 15 November 2022 the defendant must send to the court and to the claimant copies of all the
documents he intends to rely upon at the final hearing. These must be in a bundle with each page clearly numbered.
The defendant MUST bring the originals of those documents to the final hearing.

so 6 weeks later... where is your witness statement?

i would suggest in the next 2 days you need to get one done...why have you not?? you were notified of this requirement 6 weeks ago.

at the latest i would file one by email to the court by 4pm weds

dx

22 hours ago, hamadryad said:

Hi,

Got an offer of 25% off if I accepted by 13 Nov, (court date is 13/12/22).

Gave it a good ignoring.

Today I got a whole load of stuff from them, detailing all the guff that they are relying on in bringing the case.

Masses of it, from a Kimberley Kaddra at BW legal.

It quotes all sorts of references.

I can scan it in, but there is rather a lot of it!

I have read many of he reviews of this company, and they are nearly all bad, and I know of someone (who is prepared to write a statement) who tried to pay at another location and the machine would nottake his registration number and he got and paid a £100 bill,

H

i will guess this is their witness statement?

• Like 1

and they

could you post it up, the clock is ticking as DX says.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi all,

Covid got in the way, and it's slipped my mind!

So much catching up to do!!!!

I've printed out the 50 odd pages they are relying on.

Should I scan it all into pdf & send it?

IOs there a form of witness statement I should use?

H

hi,

I hope all the reviews here can persuade the judge that they are just crooks who will rip anyone off!

I also hope to be able to use this info too!

H

UK.TRUSTPILOT.COM

Do you agree with Britannia Parking's TrustScore? Voice your opinion today and hear what 80 customers have already said.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/britannia-parking.co.uk

Or lose our ventures.

Please scan up their WS ASAP so we can see what they are arguing.

Then we can point you to sections of other WSs which you can use in reply.

You've missed the court deadline, but that's OK, Litigants in Person are given some leeway.

But you should aim to get it sorted tonight and as dx says file by 4pm tomorrow.

If you don't do a WS you will lose the case.

I have work till 9pm UK time but after will try to help, but we need to see the fleecers' WS.

we need their full WS + their exhibits...

stop wasting time bugging around the net trying to find stuff which is unimportant to your ws.

and they

Or lose our ventures.

THat's their witness statement.

THe rest is 50 pages of double sided text, photos etc

Or lose our ventures.

I see they have added the £60 Unicorn Feed tax which is not applicable if they are suing a Keeper,  you have also left personal information that should have been redacted, however I won't hide the uploads yet to give other member's a chance  to check that WS  for any thing to challenge on as the clock has nearly run down for yo to submit your own WS.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

OOps!

I see from another thread, that a district Judge in Bradford ruled that the additional £60 for 'contractual losses' amounted to an 'abuse of process' and therefore made the claim invalid.  It was struck off!

would that apply here?

H

Or lose our ventures.

1 hour ago, brassnecked said:

I won't hide the uploads yet to give other member's a chance  to check that WS  for any thing to challenge on as the clock has nearly run down for yo to submit your own WS.

Still at work BN, will look in in a couple of hours' time.

• Like 1

I too will be in work tomorrow, until well past 1600 too!

Bugger!

H

Or lose our ventures.