• Tweets

• They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Britannia/BW ANPR PCN PAPLOC now Claimform - Quayside Poole

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here it is.

Scan_20220514_Compressed.pdf

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries.

On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures.

:tea::tea:One the other hand......Sod this, I'm off!:tea::tea:

Go to  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/393251-received-a-court-claim-from-a-private-parking-speculative-invoice-how-to-deal-with-it-hereupdated-dec-2021/

then scroll down to  Q2) How should I defend?

There is a template defence that we advise to use.  It is incredibly generic which means later on at Witness Statement stage it can be expanded to fit any set of circumstances.

You can post the form but isn't it simpler to use MCOL?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you!

I’ll sort this ASAP.

H

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures.

It's asking for a Defence Pack Password.

I don't have that!

I've tried putting in the details from the pack, but it keep on saying either the claim No, or the password are incorrect!!! 

Or lose our ventures.

The other regulars have often written about MCOL having "a hissy fit" at the weekends.

Try again tomorrow.

If it fails try again on Monday.

If by some horror that fails, then e-mail the court.  Any delivery method is acceptable.

Whatever you do, don't miss the deadline.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Roger that!

H

Or lose our ventures.

I've tried again today, so I've got the email addy & I'm planning to send this.

What do you thinks?

Dear Sir,

I am defending the above claim, but am unable to access the website.

I am defending the claim on the following basis:

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4.  The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1.  The Defendant was the recorded keeper of (the car), the car has since been scrapped.

2.  It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant.

3.  As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance.  The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner.  Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 

4.  In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant.

5.  The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 

6.  The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety.  It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.

Thank you

Or lose our ventures.

dont panic about it , very much usual for a w/end that mcol is playing up till someone resets it monday AM.

give it till monday pm . that cant hurt you as a litigant in person.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

All the assistance I’ve received on here has been very reassuring and a great help, so I’m not panicking really.

I’ll maybe send it anyway. It can’t hurt, and would mean that I’m not dependant on the actions, or inactions, of another.

H

Or lose our ventures.

OK, well what you've prepared is fine.

It's irrelevant that the car has been scrapped, adding that part won't help you, nor will it harm you.

If you do use e-mail make sure you put the claim number in the subject heading, in fact it would be best to put the claim number and the two parties to the action.

Obviously click on "return receipt".

• Thanks 1

Sent ti off by email rather than wait for someone else's actions.

Got a response back from the court too acknowledging receipt.

Cheers all!

H

Or lose our ventures.

Well, it's either been withdrawn by them, or I have a CCJ, or I should hear back that Ive got a fight on my hands.

Fingers crossed that they've withdrawn!!!

Any idea when I'll know?

H

Edited by hamadryad

Or lose our ventures.

What happens now is that the central court will send both you and the fleecers a simple form called a Directions Questionnaire, and then allocate the case to your local court in the small claims track.

Read some threads with "claimform" in the title and you'll soon get the hang of the legal process.  In fact it's essential that you gen up.

Hi all,

Got a letter back from the court acknowledging my defence and setting out that a copy is being sent to the claimant or their legals.

It says that they have 28 days to contact Tye court or the case will be stayed.

The only action they will have is that they’ll need to get a judge to lift the ‘stay’.

I might yet win!

cheers,

H

Or lose our ventures.

yep std court practice /letter

get reading up on the poss next stages going fwd (DQ N180 N157 etc)

so you know whats to come

how to react.

dont do anything without ever checking here 1st

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Post hidden.

The fleecers' reference number is showing.

Please redact properly.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

Apologies, and thank you.

New one attached!

H

Redacted 20220607_Compressed.pdf

Or lose our ventures.

Thank you.

General hot air these companies always come out with to try to "intimidate" you.

Wait and see what comes from the court.

I’ve heard nothing from the court so far, and it’s fast approaching the 28 day mark!

maybe they’ve folded!

H

Or lose our ventures.

No doubt they will send you their Witness Statement as they tend not to pull out till the las minute hoping that their threats in the meantime will meant that you will be scared and give in first.

Please post up all the documents that the send-suitably redacted. From them we can see how they are preparing their case and how best to defend.

Watch mcol for If n180 is mentioned

Dx

and they

Clearly the MCOL is having a 'hissy fit' today, cos I can't seem to log in to check.

Thing is, that the 28 days is up on Monday, so if I don't hear anything by then, by my reckoning it should have died.

That is, unless they get a judge to unstay the case.

H

Or lose our ventures.

I emailed them about how I couldn’t log in. Still waiting for a response!

Got a letter from the court yesterday though, saying that the case is on the small claims track.

Not read it in detail yet cos I’ve was out yesterday and last night.

I will read it thoroughly later though.

Got the small claims Directions Questionnaire from the court now.

Have to complete by 4 July.

it says to serve copies on all other parties too.

do I have to, or is it a request?

H

Or lose our ventures.

You do 

3 copies

yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket)

1 wit you

the rest is obv

1 to the court

1 to sols (omit phone/sig/email)

1 for your file

dx

and they