Delboy V Abbey

delboyphil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I checked out this site and noticed that I first needed to get 6 years worth of bank statments but my first call to abbey was that I would have to pay £5 per sheet of paper but after telling him that the you can only charge me £10 he agreed.

I think I have over £2000 in charges over the last 6 years and like others just thought it was my fault and ill pay it. but paying £30 for a UNPAID DD is just a joke.

So im gonna fight them and then ill fight natwest and then the credit card companys!!

Delboy, You have made a good choice. The help and support that you get from this site is fantastic. Dont forget to read the FAQs and some of the longer threads you will find it really useful.

Good luck with your claim

Karish:-)

Hi Delbiy and welcome, have they taken the £10? did you send the SAR letter? if not you may find that you have a struggle in getting the statements, so I think that I would have to advise you to send the SAR and a cheque for £10 via recorded delivery to shabbey, whilst you are waiting read some thread and familiarise yourself with the process, it can be confusing at first but the more that you read, the easier it becomes, and also if you post in your own thread any updates or questions that you have there is always someone around that can help out.

Welcome to the revolution :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I hate to say it but you are going to have to keep chasing and chasing now to get them, of course you might get lucky and get them fairly quickly

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 2 months later...

Ok... I had a letter from them and they said they will send me ALL my 6 years worth.. I didnt have to fight that. I checked it and found they owe me £248.00 not much but then its my bloody money..

Letter sent off today!! I also had been lazy in sending this.. Only cos that martin was on the radio today and not talking about bank changes i kicked my ass into gear lol

I said i had over £2000 but after looking i had £970 that was returned to me after me phoning them over the years and £248 that i never got back of them. they did however seem fine in returning it when i did get a unpaid dd!

I got a letter today and its kinda strange and not sure if its norm.

Dear Mr and Mrs Lewis

Thank you for contacting us and I am sorry that you have been so unhappy that you have felt you must complain.

blah blah etc lol they tell me it will take maybe 4 weeks or maybe longer but they will contact me within 4 weeks to tell me how its going.

They have me a how to complain leaflet and that.

I find this kinda funny.

At the end of the letter it says

Although I do not know what the outcome will be, I do hope that we will be able to find a solution that you are happy with.

Any comments?

Its standard stuff delboy, just another way of delaying the inevitable repayment of charges stolen from your account. Stick to the schedule the guys here state and you will get your rewards - I am just about to return the last but one set of papers to the court so hope to be getting a cheque from abbey in the near future.

:D No longer angry with Abbey - they paid out £2500 in unlawful charges!

• 4 months later...

Ok its been sent to the courts and i got a letter today

District Judge Wilson has considered the statements of tcase and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claom to the small claims track!

Before the claim is listed for hearing, the judge has ordered that a preliminary hearing should take place : to consider whether the claim can be disposed of because the defendant has no real prspect of success at final hearing!

Is this bad?