Landlord wants to sell the property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My landlord wants to sell the property.

I am renting this flat for almost 6 years. The agency handles only the contract, money and spare keys bits, all repairs are with the landlord.

I am on a rolling periodic tenancy after the term of the 12 month contract has ended in 2020. I am fine with that.

The landlady asks me to get the spare keys from the agency under the pretence I have some guests who need keys but the reason to get the keys is only for her to terminate the contract with the current agency.

I don't know how does work really and I don't know what is the exact arrangement with that agency - does she want to avoid some exit fee or something?

What happens with my contract if she terminates with them?

In the meantime she offered me to buy the place but the offer was not better from the offer on the market so I kindly rejected.
Besides I tried and she didn't want to go down even 5k and asked me to ask my employer for a 5k rise. 2020 and 2021 are really good years for the economy so all bosses should give pay rises and bonuses!

She wants cash quick and  I think she wants to sell this property after the COnVID property price peak (the properties in this area in the last 12 months lost between 10-25k) I think she noticed that.

Her story was that she wanted to remortgage but as an expat she could not get a good deal so decided to sell.
RICS surveyor was here in September.

Before she offered me to buy the place she already found another agent nearby to handle the sale of the place.

He already came down, took pictures and the listing is on the Internet.

By the way she asked me if there is anything in my tenancy contract about agency claiming any rights to me as tenant becoming a buyer. I haven't found any clauses in my tenancy agreement about that.

It's a bit weird arrangement now because my contract is with one agency and the sale is with another and she wants to terminate her arrangement with the agency handling my tenancy.

What are my benefits of taking part in her "spare keys" conspiracy?

What would you do in my case? I have a good relationship with this landlord but it has been found she is instrumental to people and I think I should set a limit.

I think she basically wants me to give the keys to the new agent.

Best regards

P.S. Since she brought up the topic of giving me a 1 month notice because of the sale I asked about the deposit.

It turns out she didn't register the deposit with the scheme (to save money) so she cannot even serve me S21.

I think she is not up to speed with the changes in law due to COnVID. Currently she has to give like 2 months notice.

Edited by JohnBishop

5 hours ago, JohnBishop said:

P.S. Since she brought up the topic of giving me a 1 month notice because of the sale I asked about the deposit.

It turns out she didn't register the deposit with the scheme (to save money) so she cannot even serve me S21.

I think she is not up to speed with the changes in law due to COnVID. Currently she has to give like 2 months notice.

Don't give them spare keys unless you want strangers sniffing around while you're out !

Tut, Tut, Tut.... Sounds like LL/LA don't have a clue what they are doing, more fools them.

Deposit not protected, Very silly, stupid, Idiot  LL/LA, Click below and read below.

ENGLAND.SHELTER.ORG.UK

Restriction on use of section 21 notice if landlord has not complied with the tenancy deposit protection scheme rules

Even if the Deposit was protected, paper work in order so on, you don't have to leave when a s21 expires LL "2 months" would have to get a possession order and in the end Bailiffs, All of which could take up to a year to happen with the current delays and backlog in the courts.

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

I have changed the lock some time ago 😀

My understanding is that she wants to abruptly terminate the agreement with the agency before the agent can reach out to me.

But I still don't get it.
Can she employ two agencies for two different things at the same property at the same time?

Should I tell the agent? I reckon he already noticed the property listed on Rightmove by a different agency.