20+ PCN's from parking at premier inn - now PAPLOC from gladstones for +£3k! - ignored everything to date

Hello, welcome to CAG.

Can you tell us how many tickets please and have you kept them? It sounds as if you didn't appeal them which is a good thing.

Also, how is the firgure of £3040 made up? I expect the guys will have more questions when they're able to get here but this will start the ball rolling.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hello thank you for replying, 

i am trying to upload the photos but saying to big, will have to wait till my husband comes home. 

there is 20 tickets in total and they have charge £160 each, the bottom of the letter states £25 court fee, solicitor costs £50 so in total £3115.00.

i have not appealed anything. im stressing so much, i know i should have dealt with this sooner rather than bury my head in the sand.

thank you again

not a problem.

you say you were working for premier inn, why was your reg not covered by their employers parking scheme with the fleecers making you immune to these speculative invoices?

have you ever contact premier inn and tried to sort out why you got these whilst employed by them?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to 20+ PCN's from parking at premier inn whilst employed by them - now PAPLOC from gladstones for +£3k! - ignored everything to date

I was parking there for work on days there was no other parking was available, on some of thr days i had purchased tickets from the machine but still was issued a ticket on my windscreen. 

any you still have these windscreen tickets and the relevant proof you paid?

what date is the letter of claim please?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to 20+ PCN's from parking at premier inn - now PAPLOC from gladstones for +£3k! - ignored everything to date
57 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

what date is the letter of claim please?

and they

ok thank you

that give us a good few weeks buffer before  the 30 days expire, which is always best to run till near reply date anyway.

now this could get sticky unless things are done properly. as it's +£3k and their eyes will be wide open and drooling at the month and they wont give in - i can see this ending in court.

as you appear not to have anything dating back to those times i will vary from usual advice and say you need to send the parking company an sar?

who are they please you haven't said yet?

have you ANy of the 100's of letters that must have been sent to you like any NTK's etc? and were ALL these windscreen tickets? or were some ANPR whereby you were captured by their ANPR system if there is one there?

any just one last thing to cover your backside, you have not moved since these began and the car's V5C shows the same address as where your are today?

and they

The trouble is that even if there are technicalities that render any of the PCNs not compliant with PoFA any Judge will be reluctant to let you off because of the sheer number of times that you breached their terms.  Once or twice ok  but twenty is more than stretching it.

Had you come here earlier at least we could have advised that the £60 was an abuse of process but even that may be more difficult since a circuit Judge in Leeds , Judge Saffman on appeal claimed that he saw nothing wrong with the additional £60.  VCS  v Percy.

Now it may  become more difficult to have that £60 cancelled.   

My understanding is that the ruling is not obiter but is still pretty persuasive.  

The op needs to engage with this thread else things could go south very quickly if not dealt with properly and reasonably promtly, but we cant do that without info.

Dx

and they