Is this normal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine asked for his statements, got them, sent prelim letter only a less than a week ago and got response yesterday!!

The letter is standard "shut up and go away" they wont pay (£4752) and if it goes to court they will counterclaim for breach of contract? should he be worried about that, ive read a couple of the YB threads and seen the counterclaim thing but not for "breach of contract"

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Jen

Yes its normal and no dont worry about the counterclaim.Its another scare tactic.Should they pursue a counterclaim through to its final conclusion.Then they would have to disclose their charging regime in court.Thats the last thing they want to do

;) If this helps please click the scales bottom left

Yes i back that up too, go get them, the craziest thing ive heard in years that counterclaim. So you win because the bank will not defend in court as to avoid revealing the true cost of their charges but they will go to court to counterclaim for breach of contract, Where you would ask for a breakdown of their charges as thats what caused it to be breached, going round in a circle yet?

Very poor effort of a scaretactic.

Wait till 14 days up and send LBA to them they will reopen your complaint and ask for 28 days to investigate, you may at this point receive an offer for around half of what you are claiming, i rejected filed at court then two weeks later got the full claim, good luck with your friends claim.