Sofology will not address my concerns satisfactorily

Quasimodo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I need some advice / help regarding a dispute I have with Sofology.

Not another one I hear you cry!

We bought a sofa from Sofology after seeing one in their showroom and falling in love with it.

The sofa is less than 4 months old.

We complained about the quality of the sofa:

1. excessive wrinkling of leather
  2. insufficient padding
  3. improperly installed - the legs under the two seater part (it's a corner sofa) hover above the floor and do not make direct contact.

They sent a technician round who met with my partner who was mentally unwell at the time.

Shortly after she was admitted to a mental health hospital for treatment but is safely back at home now.

She was dealing with Sofology, but I have taken over as she is currently not able to cope with this and many other day to day tasks.

Some photos below:

sn8h7cn.jpg

9JQVv9A.jpg

HctwNJ3.jpg

G03CAp9.jpg

sAOUqbh.jpg

Sofology closed the case after their visit stating their technician found nothing wrong with the sofa.

I wrote to Sofology asking them to reopen the case and provided various photographs.

An extract from my email:

I am not content with the response from your technician.

The sofa was delivered in July this year.

It is less than 4 months old.

I understand leather is a natural material and stretches over time but, the stretching the sofa has suffered is excessive given it’s age.

Our sofa is not as firm as the one we saw in your Cambridge showroom and the condition of the leather (it’s tightness) is also worse, despite presumably many people sitting on the showroom sofa to test it.

I would go so far as to suggest ours is made to lesser standards, with looser fitting leather and less/softer padding.

It is worth noting that these issues are localised to the two seater segment of the corner sofa.

The corner section and single seater return are not affected in this way.

This demonstrates that the problems are not prevalent across the entire sofa, and that the manufacture of the two seater section is of a lesser standard.
I trust the information above is enough for you to reopen the case and send another technician for a second opinion?

Their response to this appeared to by some standard wording about this is normal; you need to sit on different seats and rotate the seat cushions blah blah.

If they had bothered to look at my case in detail, they would have seen the cushions are fixed.

I've just written back to Sofology with a stronger tone informing them they have not adequately addressed my concerns.

That the sofa they have supplied is of unsatisfactory quality.

It is of lesser quality than the sample sofa we viewed in their Cambridge Showroom.

That they must re-open the case and that these issues remain raised within 6 months of receiving the goods.

I feel like this is just the beginning of a long uphill battle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

With best wishes,

Edited by Quasimodo

Are you dealing with the same department and point of contact each time?

At what stage are you in their complaints procedure, do you know what their complaints procedure is?

Once you have exhausted their complaints procedure and haven't got the result you want then you need to escalate it beyond their control, keep a diary of events etc.

How did you purchase the sofa, cash, credit card, finance?

• Thanks 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the reply Bazooka.

I am aware of their complaints procedure.

I've been copying in various email addresses into my correspondence. My last email was strong enough to get a reply directly from a Managing Director who has informed me they've passed the complaint for review and that I can expect a call within 48 hours.

I've threatend small claims court action and will not hold back in taking this forwards. I made that very clear in my last email.

I'm so very disappointed with the customer service that I'm at the point of pursuing a full refund if they won't satisfactory fix the defect.

Purchased on Finance provided by the retailer and fully paid off.

Hmm, so there's no real incentive for them to deal with this.......as far as they're concerned, it's paid for and they can wash their hands of it, which is probably the reason why their CS is so utterly shocking!

Have you spoken with TS at all?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

TS?

If they think they can get rid of me, they need to wake up!

From what I understand, if I've identified a fault within the first 6 months, I must give the retailer a chance to repair and if they cannot repair the goods, I'm entitled to a full refund. 

There are several issues with the sofa:

1. The sofa was installed by Sofology, they didn't install it correctly and two legs under the longest part of the sofa were left suspended above the floor. This has led to the sofa sagging in the middle and now the backrests are poorly aligned.

2. The leather is sagging and wrinkling. Possible a direct result of (1).

3. The sofa is not supportive. The foam is displaced. Also potentially ba result of (1).

TS?

If they think they can get rid of me, they need to wake up!

From what I understand, if I've identified a fault within the first 6 months, I must give the retailer a chance to repair and if they cannot repair the goods, I'm entitled to a full refund. 

There are several issues with the sofa:

1. The sofa was installed by Sofology, they didn't install it correctly and two legs under the longest part of the sofa were left suspended above the floor. This has led to the sofa sagging in the middle and now the backrests are poorly aligned.

2. The leather is sagging and wrinkling. Possible a direct result of (1).

3. The sofa is not supportive. The foam is displaced. Also potentially ba result of (1).