Rights regarding second hand car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

bought second hand car 28/8/21 paid cash £1395 CitreonC1.

The first thing I found wrong right away was passenger door only opens and locks from inside ,  I was willing to put up with this as far as cars go it wasn’t the dearest , but beginning of October I found the boot soaking wet,  took carpet out and a week later was still wet

I went back to him and he was very fast to to say the warranty didn’t cover leaks, I also discovered passenger carpet is full of mould . I told him I have asthma and this wasn’t good for my health,  he just hummed and hawed.

I then said I could maybe find a bit more money to get a wee bit better car, ie without mould and water leaks so far he has come up with nothing 

Then other day Monday I was at the shops and coming home someone went to step off kerb,  didn’t see me I pushed on the horn and nothing happened, I had to swerve.  I got such I fright I stopped the car right away and called him.

I was really angry,  took car back next day.  he fixed horn,  said fuse had gone again.  asked about other car still nothing.  he then said to take car in next week and  his mechanic will look at it regarding leak.

my question is,  if leak is not fixed can I then ask for my money back or do I have grounds to do this now 

Any help would be so grateful for any advice 

Edited by dx100uk
punctuation and sentences... spacing of block of text.

you are outside of your 30 short term right to return. 

as he is fixing the leaking issues i would keep on his case until he does it properly at no expense to you mind!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why don't you tell us with this dealer is?

Have you had a look at the MOT History for your vehicle? if not have a wee look at this link:

WWW.GOV.UK

Check the MOT history of a vehicle from 2005 onwards, including if it passed or failed, its mileage and why it failed

look to see if there are issues in the history that you are having with the car.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

hi I’ve checked the mileage history car passed mot march 21 

65404 mls on my receipt 73000 that’s 7000 in 6months is that a lot

I should say as well that car motd 2018 nothing then till 2021

oh meant to say there is 1 it failed on horn not working 

when did it fail mot on horn, ?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi went back to dealer about the water coming in car the carpet is soaking wet and puddles every where so went back to him last Thursday he said to bring car over this week 

So took it over Monday 1st November left it with his mechanic who said he would look at it and get it fixed,

Since then I’ve not heard a word from dealer so I called and got no answer waited an hour called back 

he answered this time I asked how he was getting on with car and it’s not been looked at yet he says it’s a very minor thing asked him how he knows this when he’s not even looked at it I’m afraid I lot the head told him that’s it I’m going to trading standards 

He now says car will be sorted for tomorrow I’ve said I’m taking it back even if it’s not fixed 

this guy has messed me about for weeks and I’ve had enough 

My question is if car is not fixed can I then exercise my rights to a refund any help would be appreciated 

the dealer name is SM Motors Rutherglen Glasgow