weird co-incidence - how should I proceed?

ronfinch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I posted my N1 form to the court Friday evening, then got an offer from HSBC through the post this morning.... I have followed every other step as advised here, for some reason HSBC made me a second offer out of the blue.

(HSBC put a 2 week time limit on the offer they made in response to my letter before action. This offer arrived after my 14 day deadline, by which time I had gone on holiday so didn't have chance to accept).

I assume I should accept their offer, but not as full and final settlement.

1. Should I proceed with my claim, or should I somehow cancel the N1 form and then re-submit based on the amount minus their offer?

2. Should I inform HSBC I am making a claim/have made a claim when accepting their offer?

As always - thanks - great site and peoples help here is much appreciated...

Ron

here's the link for the template:

Rejection of settlement offer

just change the third paragraph to something like:

as you have not complied with my previous request, I have now filed a claim against HSBC. You will be notified by the court of this claim shortly. I would be willing to halt this claim when I have received a full refund of the charges. My claim now stands at xxxx.xx for charges and interest plus xxx.xx for court costs - totalling: xxxx.xx

make the template work for you - be sure to include your details.