Exclusive: Scam calls from foreign countries pertaining from uk area codes to be blocked under landmark plans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Foreign fraudsters will be stopped from making hundreds of millions of scam phone calls under landmark plans to protect the British public.

Major phone networks have agreed to automatically block calls made from abroad if they show up as a UK number, the Telegraph has learned.

The unprecedented move comes after phone companies were criticised by the National Crime Agency for failing to tackle a huge rise in scam calls and texts over the past year.

UK.YAHOO.COM

Foreign fraudsters will be stopped from making hundreds of millions of scam phone calls under landmark plans to protect the British public.

about time!!!!

dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Exclusive: Scam calls from foreign countries pertaining from uk area codes to be blocked under landmark plans
  • dx100uk pinned and featured this topic

I agree its about time but why has it taken for the National Crime Agency to flag this up for then to take action and not Ofcom.

Yet again a Government Agency that is meant to deal with this hasn't Ofcom but flagged by another Agency NCA.

If the telephone companies have this facility in place already to do this then why hasn't Ofcom been pushing them to stop all these scam calls and giving them massive fines for not doing so.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group