what will abbey do next?

keanviro

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Have Reached The Stage Of Issuing Court Proceedings Against Abbey And They Have Filed A Defence. Does Anyone Know What They Are Likely To Do Next As I Am Really Worried About Having To Go To Court Against Them

Keanviro

• 1 month later...

I have been away for work when I returned I have received a court letter giving me a preliminary hearing date for14 feb, it states that"special directions are needed in this claim to prepare for the final hearing and the judge would perfer to explain this to you in person". I have no idea now what is going to happen or how to prepare for a preliminary hearing. Is there any record of this happening before?

keanviro, God knows what he means. What about inviting him round for a beer, or better still tell him you'll meet him in the Frog and Radiator about 8.30 and yours is a shandy ! Best of luck, Mad Nick. PS What court is it ?

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

I have no experience of this paricular scenario so can't comment as such. But what I would say is DON'T WORRY!!

The Judges in these cases are very knowledgeable and by the very nature of this type of court,they deal very sympathetically with the lay litigant.

I would suggest that you ring the court (the staff are very helpful) and they will be able to point you in the write direction with regard to what you may need to take although they cannot tell you anything which involves issues of law. Do not get yourself in a state because there is really no need!

I have spent endless sleepless nights which I can now say I need not of done because I have an offer in the pipeline and apart from these pre-court hearings these cases never go to court anyway. The problem is that until it actually happens to you,you live on nervous energy!!

I hope this has, if nothing else, been of some support to you. Believe me, you will look back on this and laugh unlikely as it may seem to you now :D

By the way, on this particular point, you may find it better to put a thread in the general forum as you may get a better response.

SG XX

:rolleyes: