Highview ANPR PCN Claimform - Bradfield Road Car Park S6 2BW.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received a County Court summons for a parking charge for Bradfield Road Sheffield car park (High view parking) from 28 December 2018.    

I use this car park regularly as it is my local shopping area.  I take two separately,  to do their banking and shopping, who both have disabled badges and sometimes park in this car park with them.  

I cannot  remember if I parked on this particular day or whether my husband used the car and parked there that day. He can’t remember either.  

I have been away and when I arrived home this summons had arrived.  

The issue date was 12 October and I see that I have to respond within 14 days.  

Can you advise me how to proceed and suggest a suitable response.

I have never had to deal with a court summons before.

Thank you for your help

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

please complete tihs

read our upload guide carefully

we do not need anything scanned from the northants bulk claimform pack though

FWIW blue badges mean nothing on private land legaly

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, I realise that today is my last day to register with MCOL on line. I have been oh the site and have got my CLAIM NUMBER but do not know which link I use.  Also, I don't seem to have a password which you said I would need.    Can you help with this?

get this done urgently now please:

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

………….

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Highview ANPR PCN Claimform - Bradfield Road Sheffield

i see we've had dealing with this carpark too

clickme^^^^

dx

and they

Hi.  

Thank you so much for your help so far.

Managed to set up my MCOL profile and  filled in the details and submitted it.

Not sure if I ticked jurisdiction box or not, does this make a difference?

I now need to compose my defence.  

I have read your instructions and  the standard paragraphs which I can use which are very helpful.  Do I start with what I stated originally on this forum?

I checked the signage in the car park and it said disabled badge users should park in disabled bays, but there aren’t any marked disabled bays.

I therefore park nearest the entrance when i have my disabled friends with me.

you have been very helpful and I am so grateful.  

you mean you have done AOS?

so you didnt read my instructions given earlier properly then...

19 hours ago, dx100uk said:

defend all

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

got cpr ready to go?

i also desperately need you go get that questionnaire link done please URGENT!!

and they

Date of issue – 12 october 2021 

Name of the Claimant :  HIGHVIEW PARKING LTD, 10 FLASK WALK, LONDON NW3 1HE

Claimants Solicitors: DCB LEGAL LTD DIRECT HOUSE, GREENWOOD DRIVE, RUNCORN WA7 1 UG

Date for AOS.  30 October 2021

Date to submit Defence -  12   November 2021   

What is the claim for –  1. The defendant is indebted to the Claimant (C) for a Parking charge(s) issues to vehicle xxxxx at Bradfield Road Car Park S6 2BW.

2. The PCN details are 28/12/2018.  xxxxxxxx.

3. The PCN(s) was issued on private land owned or managed by C.The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs (the Contract), thus incurring the PCN(s).

4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or keeper.  Despite requests, the PCN(s) is outstanding. The Contract entitles C to damages.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

1. £155 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages.

2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.02 until judgement or sooner payment.

3. Costs and Court fees. ON

What is the value of the claim?  £256.54

Amount Claimed   £171.54

court fees               £35.00

legal rep fees         £50.00

Total Amount          £256.54

aha sorry you've done that the post was minimised well done

please wait 5 mins.

dx

On 30/10/2021 at 17:35, TIMTOM said:

Hi, I realise that today is my last day to register with MCOL on line. I have been oh the site and have got my CLAIM NUMBER but do not know which link I use.  Also, I don't seem to have a password which you said I would need.    Can you help with this?

the password is at the end of the information box text.

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defenceicon regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

………….

is all you have to do for now.

when you've sent the cpr tomorrow pop back and we'll point you to suitable defences to use , you have a few days yet. 

is there anyway you can scan everything you.ve received to date (bothsides) but NOT the claimform pack to one mass pdf.?

have a read of our upload guide 

it tells you how to do this and what apps and websites to use.

dx

and they

I have just typed the  CPR letter to solicitors and I will post tomorrow, recorded delivery, with a cheque for £1.00.  (is this still the amount to send as it said £1 postal order, but these do not exist now).

which documents do you want me to scan?   I’ll have a go at this but if I can’t do it can  I photograph them and send to you by email?  

I have tried  to send you a message by clicking on your user name but  it  said I had to register with consumer action group to do this.   I am registered so I’m not sure why this happened.

Thank you for your help so far.  I’m sorry I’m not very proficient and appreciate your patience when I’m not sure what to do.

• dx100uk changed the title to Highview ANPR PCN Claimform - Bradfield Road Car Park S6 2BW.

you dont need any £1 fee with a CPR

i need everything bothsides but NOT the court claim pack stuff.

everything PRIOR to getting the court claim in/out.

if you wish a secure email to send the jpg pictures to i can supply one by pm. please ask

dont forget you can't send jpg files via a PM only pdf files.

dx

and they

Thank you for your reply. I would appreciate being able to send a pm to you with attachments. I’ve been locked out of the site for  a few hours but back on now. I’m not around for a few hours but will have a go at scanning when I get back.  

Do you need my email address?

pm with email ad sent

and they

Hi. My friend has helped me to scan the documents you have requested.  He has send the files (pdf) to my email address as attachments.  I have tried to forward them to you at (removed) but they are not in my sent folder.  Would you let me know if you have received them.

You should receive 11 in total.  

The dates on the documents are:

High View Parking - 7.1.19

High View Parking  - 29.1.19

High View Parking  - 15.2.19

DRP - 18.3.19

DRP - 5.4.19

DRP - 23.4.19

SCS - 1.7.19

DCBL - 19.3.20

DCBL - 8.4.20

DCBL - 4.6.21

DCB LEGAL - 30.6.21

2018-12-28 highview pcn ending 2 with paploc.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
pdf of all docs added

docs suitably redacted in your last post.

you'll need to file our std generic 3 - 5 line defence by 4pm 12th nov.

have you been in contact with the relevant council concerning if highview and planning permission for their signs/pole and cameras + poles yet?

On 30/10/2021 at 20:02, dx100uk said:

i see we've had dealing with this carpark too

clickme^^^^

dx

have a search through the above threads see if anyone has trodden these boards already.

and they

No I haven't.  I have looked this up  on sheffield forum site and there are letters to Sheffield Council asking these questions with the reply.  There is no proof that they have planning permission and all the other questions were answered with N/A. Is it a good idea to email Sheffield Council and ask these questions?

The council are saying there is no existing planning?

Gameover if so

Post a link?

Dx

and they

with regard to the above

this text is contained on another forum in reply to an FOI dated 14th May 2021, 17:59:PM

1)Has planning permission and/or consent been applied for to erect ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) camera's and also Signage that are on this car park?
There is no record on our system relating to an application for the erection of ANPR cameras at this site.

dx

and they

Hi again.  I know this question was raised on another site but thought this may have been enough proof.  I contacted parking services but they couldn’t help as it is a private car park.  They suggested I should contact planning dept.  I have done this  and am awaiting their reply.

I now need to compose my defence.  Should I complete the form on the MCOL SITE and do I attach the documents you kindly redacted for me or do I send a letter?  Thanks again for all your help and advice.

None...you file by a copy and paste to mcol website...but!!!!

You use our generic bland 3 -5 line one in most threads here

But post it here 1st for checking..dont make the usual mistake of playing any cards yet..unlike elsewhere..

not due till 4pm 12th....dont file early either.....

and they

Hi again.  

I have found a defence for a similar situation to mine which I will 'paste' below.  I  should be grateful if you would advise me if this is suitably worded and suggest any additions, deletions or amendments required.   I know you said use your 4 line defence so maybe this is too much information?

"The Defendant contends the particulars of the claim are vague and generic in nature which fails to comply  with CPR 16.4.  The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation. 

1.  A contract was never entered into by me.   As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance.  The Claimant clearly states they were  only contracted to provide car park management services, therefore is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account.  The car park is owned by and  terms of entry,  set by the landowner. 

2. It is admitted Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. The claimant is not in a position to state who the driver was at the time. 

3. There are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.

The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety.  It is denied the Claimant is entitled to the recovery or any recovery at all."

I haven't received any other paperwork other than the 11 letter which I sent you earlier and which you kindly redacted for me. 

I know my defence isn't due until Friday, but I'm conscious that I might need more help with it so thought I would start it today.    Maybe I'm being over cautious but i'm quite anxious about it.

Sorry, that is where I copied and pasted from.

thank you - again.

@FTMDave said: Have a look at this thread  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/393251-received-a-court-claim-from-a-private-parking-speculative-invoice-how-to-deal-with-it-hereupdated-jun-2021/  and scroll down to  Q2) How should I defend?

Use that defence, tweaked of course if some points don't apply to you.

That's weird!  I was on the page yesterday.  Anyway, tweak the below for your defence:

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4.  The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1.  The Defendant is the recorded keeper of [motor vehicle].

2.  It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant.

3.  As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance.  The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner.  Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 

4.  In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant.

5.  The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 

6.  The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety.  It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread