Barclays freezes account to reconcile - **RESOLVED** and money returned

Bdhshss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pls Help me

i  work hard with my wife she was pregnant at that time

we have been working together every week

we get our wages have always been taking it out in cash and saving this at home

when she gave birth i became self employed, we had amassed £8000 cash,  i then decide to put this money to my barclays account 

the next day i opened my mobile banking app and it said its £0.00 and said -£8000 to reconcile 

Edited by dx100uk
converted to english as best i can

is this barclays?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes went to the branch this morning they said we cant help you barclays have frozen take that money for a reason but for what reason they dont know

i have made a complaint and they said you have to wait until they contact with you but don't know when 

Edited by dx100uk

• BankFodder changed the title to Barclays suspect money laundering and have closed my account

quite frankly it was a silly idea to keep removing cash and then paying it back into the account in one large lump sum

under banking laws they are obliged to investigate this under money laundering rules and will lock the account for weeks now.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

im 21 years old and didn't know this could happen, will i get my money back ?

i've got all the invoices and payslips 

Im so worried now

i have a job going that i need to buy materials for and need to live - that £8000 was all my savings 

Edited by dx100uk

please stop using reported posts now.

only post here in this thread in a new msg box.

i think you will find it matters little what evidence you have , you have too sadly wait a week or 2 for them to release the account.

i see you have read numerous like  threads by other people, so you should know this by now.

• I agree 1

and they

Hi Bdh,

Can you tell us more about :-

1. What work did you do before you were self employed.

2. What work do you do now as a self employed person.

3. Do you deal just in cash in your business for income you receive and materials you buy.

4. When did you pay the £8,000 into the bank.

We have seen many cases where the bank holds your money for weeks but they can tell you nothing about what is happening.

You need to do whatever you can to manage without the money for now, until you get it back. You should also think about opening a new account with another bank, in case Barclays close your account when this is sorted.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You've reported Slick's post but I think you meant to put this on your topic. Just a reminder to type in the box below the most recent post and not hit Report please. :)

i used to work as an operative in a warehouse with my pregnant wife

after 3 months i changed my job to flt driver

i worked there for some period, about 1month, my turn over was small

i start being self employed. whenever me and my wife received our wages money we use to take it all out as cash and save it in our home

when we had amassed £8k i put in into my barclays account ,after 5 days its says -£8k to reconcile and reference number then Nmp adv

i dont know  what that means

Edited by dx100uk
  • Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

they suspect you of money laundering.

and they

Because that's often the reason that a bank freezes someone's account, so they can investigate.

You've sent two more Reports of posts with answers that are already on here. Hitting Report isn't going to get you answers, you need to ask all of your questions on this topic please, in the white box below the most recent post/message.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

i used to work as an operative in a warehouse with my pregnant wife

after 3 months i changed my job to flt driver

i worked there for some period, about 1month, my turn over was small

i start being self employed. whenever me and my wife received our wages money we use to take it all out as cash and save it in our home

when we had amassed £8k i put in into my barclays account ,after 5 days its says -£8k to reconcile and reference number then Nmp adv

i dont know  what that means

Edited by dx100uk

Hi Bdh and thanks for the answers.

As I said above, you should try to open a new account at a different bank, in case Barclays decide to close your account.

You will get your money back from Barclays, but we can't tell you when this will happen. 

In the future, use a bank account regularly to pay money in, don't wait so long and then pay in a large cash amount.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thats fine, i used my wife monzo account, we have been saving this money at home until it became a large amount

i open savings account with barclays and paid it all in cash there

we lived with my parents before and i tried to open business account with barclays but they declined me.

i also get my benefits money paid there as well

Im a stupid idiot i never in my life gonna do that again 

Edited by dx100uk

get away from barclays totally. stop using them . closed the a/c when this is resolved

they are buggers at doing this to people at the drop of a hat, but sadly i must say you somewhat caused this yourself even if it was innocent.., next time dont ever pull stunts like this, there is no need hoard cash then pay it back in in one lump sum

and they

cant see you have a reason to do court.

no compensation would ever be awarded in this situation.

they are simply strictly enforcing the banking rules they must abide by.

dx

and they

The bank is following Anti Money Laundering Regulations. They have to do this and you will not get any compensation from them.

You will get access to your money again but it's a matter of how long you have to wait.