DWP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being tormented by dwp for an overpayment of ica from 16 years ago,

i sent them the stat barred letter, but they passed to a dca,

i also sent them the stat barred letter,,

they then sent a second letter, threatening court action, i told them to go ahead,

heard no more until today, when

i have received another letter for dwp, same as the first one,

i can only assume the dca has passed it back as unclaimable,

as it is unlikely i will be in receipt of any benefits until i claim my pension in 2020,

can i just keep throwing these letters in the bin.

As the debt is SB and you have informed them of this then the DWP is IMO harassing you.

You MUST make a formal complaint to them today!

Also inform your local MP.

Keep a diary of events including all of the letters they send you, this will be the evidence you need should you wish to sue them in court for the criminal offence of harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Whilst they can not take you to court due to it being SB'd, if at any point for the rest of your life you go onto any sort of Benefits, including a state pension, they CAN recover the money via deductions to the benefit.

Given that they know they have no enforcement option except a benefits deduction then continuing to harassass you with debt collectors could indeed be Harassment, dependending I guess on frequency of contact and what exactly is being threatened - letters from a DCA threatening you with court for example would I should think constitute harassment since they know that is not an option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need to read this CIS/026/1994, Section 108 Welfare Reform Act 2012, came into force 8th March 2012, all has changed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 8 years later...

Hi.

Being chased for overpayment of carers allowance. From 1998. ...I disputed the claim via my solicitor at the time but lost   my offer to repay £10 a week was refused since them there has been no contact till last year.

Now not working or in receipt of any benefits. (husband working) I again offered £10 a week   never even got a reply. All this time I have been working and they never made a attachment to my earning. Now this week they have taken 33% (53.02) out of my state pension leaving me with £105.a week. ..Never got a letter to explain what actions they were taking , trying to get to speak to someone on the phone is near impossible ..quite willing to repay what I owe but I cannot afford 33%.

Tried to get help from UK gov debt management but unless your problem is with UCthey told me to contact the carers allowance dept ..finally got through only to be told by a lovely lady their is nothing on her screen regarding this overpayment and told me to go back to UK gov debt management   no help at all. ..what do I do now????

I would suggest contacting the pensions department to challenge the deductions amount.

You are challenging the amount of the deduction and not that a debt exists. 

If receiving the reduced amount is causing you hardship, then ask the pensions department to review on that basis. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

no good just typing HI

can you type a bit more please

just type in the msg box no need to hit quote

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...