New to this and nervous as hell!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I've lurked and read tons of threads plus as many of the FAQs as I could before my brain collapsed under the weight of them and decided it's finally time to get moving on this.

My story goes like this: May 04 everything seemed ok, then things started going wrong at work (new boss) and in Sept I had a bit of a breakdown, was signed off work sick and ended up seeing both a shrink and a therapist.

March 05 I was made redundant on health grounds and that's when things really fell apart. I was deeply depressed and just lost all focus on everything. Money stopped coming in but I kept on spending, payments stopped, letters arrived and went in a box unopened. I got more and more scared because the longer it went on the worse it seemed. Jan 05 I finally got a new job and started to sort things out.

My debt situation is this:

Sainsbury's Bank (Personal Loan) Original Amount £8106.39, being repaid via Logic Group, Current Balance £6851.39

Egg plc (Credit Card) Original Amount £3335.02, being repaid via Arc (Europe) Ltd, Current Balance £2545.02

Royal Bank of Scotland - Tesco Visa (Credit Card) Original Amount £995.99, being repaid via Moorcroft Group, Current Balance £635.99

Nationwide Visa (Credit Card) Original Amount £956.46, being repaid via Moorcroft Group, Current Balance £465.49

Great Universal (Mail Order) Original Amount £263.00, being repaid via Red Castle Recoveries, Current Balance £18.00

Royal Bank of Scotland - Mastercard (Credit Card) Original Amount £213.98, repaid via Moorcroft Group, Current Balance ZERO

O2 UK Ltd (Mobile Phone) Original Amount £160.61, repaid via O2 UK Ltd, Current Balance ZERO

Simply Be (Mail Order) Original Amount £154.02, repaid via Scotcall DCS, Current Balance ZERO

La Redoute (Mail Order) Original Amount £129.67, repaid via Call Serve Ltd, Current Balance ZERO

After reading some of the brilliant advice on here I want to try to reclaim some of the horrendous penalty charges that were applied to some of the above, namely the RBS, Egg and Nationwide Credit Cards. As it stands, I'm not sure if there were penalty charges applied to the Sainsbury's Loan account and I'm sure that none were applied to the rest.

My question is this - do I send my letters to the original bank or to the debt agency that I am repaying to and do I need to send individual requests for each account I want to reclaim charges on (if, say for instance it's RBS where there are 2 cards or Moorcroft where there are 3 accounts)

Any help/advice from any of you will be gratefully received.

Thanks

A.

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=purple]Moorcroft DCA - CCA Requests (x2) sent 06/01/2007, 1 x CCA supplied and payments being made, one account passed back to Royal Bank of Scotland. Regal Credit demanded immediate payment in Nov 07, sent away with a flea in their ear as RBS is in breach of CCA.[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=magenta][COLOR=seagreen]Anonymous postcard from FCM Jan 08 can only be connected to this RBS farce![/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Meritforce reported to TS, ICO, FOS and Ofcom April 07 for harassment and breaches of Data Protection Act over a debt that was paid more than a year ago! dec 07 ICO finally agree that DPA was breached but say that the law does not allow them to take any action![/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]Roxburghe DCA - CCA Request sent 06/01/2007, Unable to comply letter received 14/01/07.[/COLOR]

Hello

Just read your post. You can claim back your charges, but first of all you need 6 years worth of statements. To do this send an S.A.R. (Subject Access Request) letter to the bank in question,not the collection agency. Even if the account is closed you can still claim them all back. There are letters in the Bank Templates library to get you started. The S.A.R. request costs £10 for all of the data they hold on you, not £10 per copy as some banks try to scare you away with that initial cost.There are links below to assist you.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen. You can claim back your charges, and a few are trying for the payback of Early Redemption Charges on loans and Mortgages.

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily.

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time.

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help.

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...se-read-these/

There are more links below to assist you get around the site.

Good luck

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers