Problems with painter & decorator

Hael
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also, there is a bad news, Im not sure if this would affect it in anyways. The conservatory ceiling is found to be leaking today. (It was fixed last year, months before Decor development came to refit the ceiling.)
I really need to have it fixed ASAP. Do you think this would affect the case in anyways?

The storm may have damaged your conservatory.

You should call your insurance and see if they can assess the damage.

I don't suppose it's linked to your case in any way, so treat them as 2 separate incidents (until the assessor tells you: Oh my god, it seems that whoever did the paint job must have intentionally sabotaged your ceiling - you can cross that bridge when you get there, no need to overcomplicate things until then)

• Thanks 1

The letter of claim is a little wordy..Im sure he is fully aware of all the details and dispute....28 days is a long time to wait for a response I would make that 14 at the most.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I included all those details in the letter of claim because, some of the issues were found later by the other traders who came to access the work, also discovered by myself (as some issues are really hidden). And I didn't fully list them out in the complaint letter I sent him before. However, I can surely try and cut down the length of the letter. Do I get to list all those issues later?
I'll edit the letter later and re-post it here again. Thank you.

Edited by Hael

1) Which address should I use for decor development? Should I use Ricky Burn's home address? Would that alert him that I know that it is his own property? The address which will guarantee a response or both

2) A big part of the letter of claim contains information I had in the first complaint letter I sent them, is it ok? Yes

3) Is it ok if some contents in the letter of claim are not 100% matching with the first complaint letter? Hence the need to not go into exact detail

4) Is it ok for me to have included so many details in the letter of claim? (I tried my best to include as many details as I could but I am afraid there could still be things missing.) See my last post

5) Do I just print off the quotes, reports, etc. together with the letter of claim? No

6) Do I also print out some photos as evidence and attach them in the letter of claim? No

7) What kind of documents shall I request them to give me? Apart from a letter of acknowledgment? None ....you dont really require a letter of acknowledgment

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi, after reading your comments, I adjusted the letter.
I shortened it, removed some details of the issues, added the date that we communicated and the last time we communicated, added the total cost, removed the line about me requesting any documents, removed the line about any documents being attached since they will not be, adjusting it from 28 days to 14 days.
Would you kindly read it for me again? If there is anything that you think I should adjust/I am missing, please kindly let me know, thank you very much for your help.

Letter of claim draft 2.1.docx

Yes its okay...states the nature of your dispute and what you require to happen and what will happen should it be ignored and by when......thats all a letter of claim is intended to a achieve. 

Send the LOC and wait 14 days.....if he is not prepared to negotiate or meet your demands or no response at all you issue your claim.

Do not send the letter if your not prepared to follow through you will lose all credibility.

In the meantime have a look in the Postal forum plenty of claims to follow there so you know the process...how to register on line and prepare your claim in advance etc. Its obvious if you are asking questions as above you have not read or researched any topics here on the forum what is entailed in taking someone to the small claims process.....and until you do and your sufficiently equipped to proceed then I would hold the above letter until you have and are ready.

• Thanks 1