style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently joined Experian’s CreditExpert and was horrified to find that I have a default with both CitiFinancial (CitiCard) and Hillesden Securities.

Approximately a year ago I agreed to the issuing of a second card for my partner with CitiCard.

At the time I was having major work done on my home address (all the doors and windows were boarded up) and was having my mail re-directed to my office.

Apparently the card addressed to my partner was sent back as she was not included on the mail re-direction.

I then got a call from an Indian call centre demanding that I give them a new address, which I refused.

At the time I was staying at my partner’s home but did not want to have my credit file transferred / linked to her address.

They went on to say that as my mail had been returned they were no longer able to communicate with me at that address and insisted that I give them a new address.

I refused.

About six weeks or so went past and having not received a recent statement I rang them to be told that I had a nil balance and no money was due.

I rang again a few days later and got the same response.

I wish to take out a new mortgage to help pay for the extension I am having built and my credit file now shows 2 defaults for the same amount and details, one with Hillesden and one with CitiCard. Even though it seems clear that CitiCard sold the debt to Hillesden they are still showing a current balance of not much less than the Default Balance.

Is there anything I can do to have the defaults removed which I definitely did not receive and how do I stop Hillesden sending around the heavy brigade to collect their debt if I write to them from my home address which I have now moved back into?