Car crash

Joebloggs1010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was involved in a collision when i manouvered safely from the inside lane of a dual carraigway.

A transit van who was traveling reasonably on the outside lane decided to speed up, in excess of the 70 mph i was travelling at decided to further speed up, im sure to tailgate and get me to move to the inside lane, which i was going to do regardless.

Unfortunately for me, he hit the back of my car and sent me into a spin, crashing. My car was written off and my insurers paid out. My claim for personal injuries (substantial injuries) is not being accepted as my insurers are declaring this as " an at fault claim"

Where do i go now to dispute this. Its shocking.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

You don't say how long ago it was but I hope you have recovered from your injuries now. It sounds like a frightening experience.

I'll wait to see what others here recommend, but some questions first:

1. What injuries did you suffer? You describe them as "substantial"?  Do you have an idea what financial compensation you  want (so we have some idea what money we are talking about here)?

2. Who has told you that you are at fault for this claim? You say it's your insurers but your insurers wouldn't be the insurer who decides whether you have a claim for personal injury against the van driver. That would be the van driver's insurer.

3. Sounds as if the police would have attended. Did they take statements? Have you seen the police reports of the accident?

4. Have you had advice from a solicitor?

5. Has the van driver made a claim for personal injuries against you? What's happened about that?

6. Were either you or the van driver prosecuted for what happened? If so what happened in court?

I'm just getting back on my feet. I suffered a broken neck. It happened 10 weeks ago. I have no idea about monetary compensation.

2. My insurers told me, their decision. They said i have injury cover but i can't claim.

3. Police did attend. They must have taken statements but not from me. I have seen no reports.

4. I have not spoken to any solicitors.

5. I have no idea what the van driver has claimed but i do know he should be prosecuted but these are not my decisions. He was unharmed as far as i am aware. He shunted me out of the way, minimal damage to his van.

6.  I havent been prosecuted and dont know about him.

Thank you.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Have I got this correct:

a) you manoevered from Lane 1 to Lane 2

b) there was a collision with a vehicle travelling behind you who had already been in lane 2 ?

How long (time and/ or distance) after you moved from lane 1 to 2 was the collision?

Edited by BazzaS

Nothing stopping you contacting a no win no fee Solicitors to see if they are willing to take this on for you.

But before you do so, I would suggest that you ask the Insurers to disclose all information they have about the accident claim, as you will be looking to appoint your own Solicitors to pursue a claim against the third party.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

@BazzaSYes, to overtake a car in front.

There was no collision, i had plenty of room and time as i could see the van in my rear view mirror in the lane i moved into at a safe distance.

As i said, he sped up very rapidly after i manoeuvred, i believe it was a bit of road rage. I cant tell you how long it took for him to hit me but it was within 10 seconds. And i know he was exceeding the speed limit for a van, to get even close.

@unclebulgaria67 Thank you.

I cant say who my insurers are as it could prejudice my case. I lost no earnings as wages are covered by employer.

Im on here for advice about how to lodge a claim. So no, i haven't, yet.

Looking to get back to work asap.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

23 minutes ago, Joebloggs1010 said:

I cant say who my insurers are as it could prejudice my case

wrong name and shame....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You say “there was no collision” : but clearly there was!

Expect the van driver to say “I was overtaking when the car pulled out from lane 1 into my path. I tried to brake but they had left me insufficient time / room”.

Do you have rear dash cam footage?

Did the van have a dashcam?

Any footage may be available via the insurers.

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1

For the Insurers to admit fault this early, when the third party has rear ended their Insured vehicle, does suggest that the third party has provided compelling evidence such as dash cam recording.

Or the Insurers have made a mistake.

Getting hold of the information that the Insurers have based their decision on, should hopefully inform whether it is worth pursuing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

22 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

For the Insurers to admit fault this early, when the third party has rear ended their Insured vehicle, does suggest that the third party has provided compelling evidence such as dash cam recording.

Or the Insurers have made a mistake.

Getting hold of the information that the Insurers have based their decision on, should hopefully inform whether it is worth pursuing.

No doubt they have got their version in first, however, i would not understand how one version would be believed over another, no idea what's been said.

Thank you all for the advice and comments. Very helpful.

I have a better understanding of how to pursue this and the information required to do so.

I will let you know the outcome, hopefully it will help others.