• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

tedsbird v lloyds

sunshine star
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, been posting in the wrong place - apologies!

so far...

Right, S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent & received;

prelim letter sent to branch, received reply stating it had been sent to Brum;

no response so sent LBA on 14 day. however received standard sod off letter stating charges were service payments etc. the next day - my LBA will have crossed over with this (modified slightly to state I;m disappointed that they haven't responded);

Do I still wait the full 14 days before MCOL - due to LBA being sent to branch or send another LBA to Andover then await their 14 response?

I've got the letter ready - and very sarcastic it is too, in response to their patronising letter - so just a little advice as to send another or allow the branch letter to act (even though it crossed with their response?)

cheers

Don't worry about post crossing, thats thier concern not yours. As long as you've sent the letters you are in the driving seat. I know how easy it is to be sarcastic when dealing with the banks - but suggest you bite your lip:) its hardly ever worth it - try to be nice, I know how hard it is.

Go for MCOL at the expiry of you LBA.

Thailand.

• 4 weeks later...

Well - good news!!!

Rang Lloyds yesterday as I haven't received a response and wondered if they had sent me a letter and it had gone astray. Spoke to a very polite man who apologised and said they had been inundated with similar requested and they had implemented a date system as to when they would respond - mine being the third week in January. Told him I was just being polite in calling to check first and was in process of completing the online application to the courts. Hey ho Mr Postman arrives this morning with a little letter from Lloyds stating they will pay part of my claim - no acceptance of liability, hope it will be the end of the matter, no terms and conditions - they will credit my bank in a few days!!!!

It's a good day all around! Will still be chasing them for the rest though. They shouldn't have taken it in the first place. Can someone reply with a link for donations please?

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to the darling John at Lloyds today as received no response from them regarding part payment refusal letter. Apparently they are only settling the actual charges and not the interest. Strange that they haven't even covered the charges on the accounts! Anyway he's looking into it and promised a call back!

Spoke to the darling John at Lloyds today as received no response from them regarding part payment refusal letter. Apparently they are only settling the actual charges and not the interest. Strange that they haven't even covered the charges on the accounts! Anyway he's looking into it and promised a call back!

Hi,

I have just read through this thread, can you clear up a few things for me. I had sent the LBA and received an offer of £750 (which was oaid into my account). I rejected this and gave then another week before court action. That week rund out tommorow.

I note that you also had some funds paid into your account and that you then phoned them, was this before you filed your court claim and if so have they agreed to settle in full. Or had you already filed your claim before they offered you anything.

Cheers

Nigel

Hiya, my claim was for 734 including interest. As John was quite good I didn't bother with the court claim. When I spoke to him yesterday though he did say they were limiting themselves to £750 per claim. I was fortunate to be below their limit at the moment. If you are over this, in my opinion, I would suggest the court route as they will not respond to refusal of part payment letters (according to John). If you want his number let me know. best wishes

Hiya, my claim was for 734 including interest. As John was quite good I didn't bother with the court claim. When I spoke to him yesterday though he did say they were limiting themselves to £750 per claim. I was fortunate to be below their limit at the moment. If you are over this, in my opinion, I would suggest the court route as they will not respond to refusal of part payment letters (according to John). If you want his number let me know. best wishes

Cheers for that, the court route it is then.

Will file my claim next week after pay day, and my next hit of charges.

FWIW Tedsbird, as nice as John may be - If he doesn't pay you every single penny you are due, take them to court. They have no backbone and will not turn up. I suggest he is spinning you a yarn (were settling up to 750 and not paying interest) who are they to lay down the rules?

Sod that! you are in charge - not them!!!

JNC - Filing at court is the best thing you can do, do not let the bank dictate. Who cares whether they respond to our leters or not!!!

I'll be mistaken! Letters were sent but child 2 has hidden them down the back of the sofa!

Lloyds have refunded all charges, plus £90 from December which I didn't apply for from the joint and £90 from my personal too.

I'll take that as success and win to me.......